Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:19 PM

26,666 posts, read 28,828,491 times

Advertisements

I never said that it was impossible to immigrate, I said it was really difficult and it is. Becoming an American citizen is another story and that comes later, after the person has become a legal immigrant, applied and paid for permanent resident status, and studied and applied to become an American citizen.

The reason that it's become so much more difficult is because of 911. This is where I find the irony: since it's now so much harder for legal immigrants to get in to stay, then why is it so easy for millions of illegals to get in?

Why are perfectly legal immigrants checked over and over and made to wait so long while illegals just walk or drive in and stay? No background checks AT ALL, no MEDICAL CHECK either. No right to be here at all -- we don't even know who they are or anything about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 03:35 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,982,073 times
Because there is money in human traffiking. The coyotes are getting paid several $K for each individual they bring across our border. The traffiking of people into this country has as high or higher earnings than running dope across the border.

I recall a couple of years of an incident in Arizona where two groups of coyotes were driving on a major freeway exchanging gun fire to attempt to steal each other's load of illegal immigrants. It resulted in a major automobile accident and a number of citizens and illegals being injured and killed. I am aware of a number instances in the metropolitan Phoenix area where law enforcement will find a drop house with 50-70 illegal immigrants ready for distribution throughout the US.

It's all about the dollar (or peso).

Old 12-23-2007, 04:11 PM

4 posts, read 37,089 times
first the indians were the problems, then the blacks, now the immigrants, people are always going to find someone to blame. Just remember, one of your ancestor came from somewhere other than America.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:41 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,778,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palesi26 View Post
first the indians were the problems, then the blacks, now the immigrants, people are always going to find someone to blame. Just remember, one of your ancestor came from somewhere other than America.
As did yours, palesi . . . hopefully, LEGALLY and respecting the laws of the land.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:44 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,778,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
This is where I find the irony: since it's now so much harder for legal immigrants to get in to stay, then why is it so easy for millions of illegals to get in?
I agree, in_newengland . . . makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Old 12-23-2007, 04:49 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,212,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I never said that it was impossible to immigrate, I said it was really difficult and it is. Becoming an American citizen is another story and that comes later, after the person has become a legal immigrant, applied and paid for permanent resident status, and studied and applied to become an American citizen.

The reason that it's become so much more difficult is because of 911. This is where I find the irony: since it's now so much harder for legal immigrants to get in to stay, then why is it so easy for millions of illegals to get in?

Why are perfectly legal immigrants checked over and over and made to wait so long while illegals just walk or drive in and stay? No background checks AT ALL, no MEDICAL CHECK either. No right to be here at all -- we don't even know who they are or anything about them.
So much for Bush's tightening of the USA borders after 9-11.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:16 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,583,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u.s.a View Post
first of all, Mexicans are not bad. They come from mexico to get up from their struggle. they have to risk alot of things in order to get here, but not to make anybody's life hard, infact were are here to make it easier by doing the jobs that "LAZY" people don't do theirselves. We do this without asking questions, getting mad, or slacking on the job. We do this because of the family we left back home, that are just waiting for us to come back, see all you people dont know what is like, having to leave the people u love so u can come here, and have people calling u an "alien". We are all people like u reading this right now, and i know for a fact if u had to risk ur life to cross the border in order to work for money, and putting food on ur families table i know anyone would do it, for the ones they love and woul risk their lives for.
So i gues if aliens are loving, respectful, hard working people then im a damn alien, and proud to be one!!!!
Alot of u think its a good idea putting innocent hard working people in jail, but wat if u were in my situation, my mom the woman i love so much in this world. just lost her job, her lawyer told her immigration might come to our house, can u immagine seing ur mom being carried away like sum crimminal for working here, and u just watching helplessly, and crying. I know for a fact that if all u were in the position u would all think differently about this situation........
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS..GOD BLESS YOU
sincerely; ALIEN SALGADO
I do feel compassion for you. I've known many people in your situation. For many years we in this country "tolerated" the situation. But it has come to the point now that we can't tolerate this anymore. Your own country needs to admit its responsibility, and begin providing for you. Mexico, as a nation, should be ASHAMED to treat its people like what you describe. Your nation has many resources, but it is run by criminals. You need to unite with your fellow Mexicans and stop tolerating the abuse you get from your "ruling classes". Illegal immigrants know VERY WELL how to express anger, frustration, outrage, and demands. You need to go home and DO THIS--start DEMANDING changes in Mexico.

My compassion cannot continue to provide for a never-ending stream of arrivals here. Every situation eventually reaches its "limit". We have reached ours. I am sincerely sorry for your difficulties. When you go home, and find that you need help, try ASKING US....and we will see what we can do. Most of us are decent people, and will try to HELP you at home. But you cannot continue to come here. Sorry.

I realize you may have some anger and resentment---I hope not, but in case you DO, I suggest two targets for your "rage"....

FIRST, get angry with the rich Mexicans at home who laughed at your misery and watched, unconcerned, as you left your homes, refusing to help you. You might want to ask yourself whether these Mexican "leaders" are truly your friends, in view of the fact that over the years, they have allowed TEN PERCENT of their entire population to leave the country, and have never taken the blame for their own incompetence.

And SECOND, you might also want to get REALLY angry at the "pro-illegal" idiots here in the US, who marched through our streets, waving their flags, and doing everything they could do to make SURE that EVERYONE knew that they were here, and had no intention of respecting our laws. I saw many "moderate", liberal Americans become VERY upset at these ridiculous televised public displays. And for that, you can blame the "activists". With "friends like those, you don't NEED any enemies" (from an old 'gr!ngo' phrase)......

Best of luck to you, and a safe journey HOME.....vaya con Dios....

Old 12-23-2007, 09:37 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,856,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u.s.a View Post
first of all, Mexicans are not bad. They come from mexico to get up from their struggle. they have to risk alot of things in order to get here, but not to make anybody's life hard, infact were are here to make it easier by doing the jobs that "LAZY" people don't do theirselves. We do this without asking questions, getting mad, or slacking on the job. We do this because of the family we left back home, that are just waiting for us to come back, see all you people dont know what is like, having to leave the people u love so u can come here, and have people calling u an "alien". We are all people like u reading this right now, and i know for a fact if u had to risk ur life to cross the border in order to work for money, and putting food on ur families table i know anyone would do it, for the ones they love and woul risk their lives for.
So i gues if aliens are loving, respectful, hard working people then im a damn alien, and proud to be one!!!!
Alot of u think its a good idea putting innocent hard working people in jail, but wat if u were in my situation, my mom the woman i love so much in this world. just lost her job, her lawyer told her immigration might come to our house, can u immagine seing ur mom being carried away like sum crimminal for working here, and u just watching helplessly, and crying. I know for a fact that if all u were in the position u would all think differently about this situation........
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS..GOD BLESS YOU
sincerely; ALIEN SALGADO
Well -- not all are good -- some are in fact bad -- there are criminals who use that open border to smuggle in drugs, escape justice and so on.

I don't believe in putting illegals in jail or prison unless they committed other violent crimes. I believe they should be returned home quickly. I even believe in a type of amnesty -- if an illegal never used any form of welfare, paid all his bills and taxes while here, and committed no other crime including the crime of felony document fraud, then he should be allowed to return home and able to apply for legal residency -- starting from scratch but doing things the right way.

Others should be formally deported and barred from legal reentry forever.

Actually many of us think it's very tragic so many hundreds of Mexicans are dying trying to escape their wealthy nation -- the richest billionaire in the world is a Mexican.

It's just there's no end to all this nonsense. Nothing changes except every year more people die trying to leave -- and you have to ask yourself -- why does all prosperity come to a screeching halt when the southern border is reached? What changes? Not the land itself, not the resources of the land. Not the air -- so what is it? And why can't that be fixed?

Massive migration of people results from social instability and injustice in Mexico and massive migration only results in more social instability and injustice. So -- where does it end? Can 100% or 90% of Mexicans simply pack up and move to the USA? No.

It's time for some real changes in Mexico.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:59 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,353,078 times
I don't support putting illegal workers in jail, why use my tax money for that? I believe in sending them right back, it would be best to fly them to the Mexican border with Guatemala. They aren't citizens, so technically they aren't breaking laws of their country. I WOULD put AMERICANS who hire people illegally in jail....revoke their company's charter and the put the company owners in jail.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:13 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,695,185 times
Our border has become a problem that threatens our country. Our border needs to be closed. Jail may be necessary. I was told when they are sent back to Mexico, it takes less than 2 days for them to be back here. I repeat. Our border needs to be closed and the illegals need to be the ones jailed, not the border patrols.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration