Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 10:37 PM
AT9

691 posts, read 1,222,982 times

Advertisements

I do not support this at all. If I'm going to pay for the rehabilitation of criminals, I'm going to pay for the American ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 11:07 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,964,534 times
I wouldn't pay for rehabilitation of anyone. Cut taxes and send criminals to places like Sherrif Joes prison.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:18 AM

38 posts, read 173,806 times
Default Go Get 'Em, Javert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
Is this worth the time, effort and cost. Would you want your taxes to pay for all the prison beds that will be required as this program moves into New Mexico and Arizona.
No, I couldn't support that at all. Have we turned into a nation of Javerts, persecuting Jean Valjean for stealing bread to feed his starving family?

Old 10-27-2007, 03:46 AM

26,709 posts, read 41,891,509 times
nope, our jails are already too full with American felons. The illegals should just be put on a school bus and driven to the mexican border and just say" out ya go into mexico, dont let me catch your %&^* in this US again!"

Old 10-27-2007, 06:49 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,226,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelintom View Post
No, I couldn't support that at all. Have we turned into a nation of Javerts, persecuting Jean Valjean for stealing bread to feed his starving family?
Most Mexicans SOB are not exactly starving.

There are many countries much poorer than Mexico as well.

Per capita SOB is above $10K a year. Mexico is not poor------just that the 'White' elite tends to own everything and it is the responsibility for the 'litte brown ones' to step up (which they are already doing i.e. controlling their family sizes, etc) and demand their rights.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:40 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,491,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
The only way you can make them go back is with a AK47 in your hand and god bless you.
That is one way, but there are others. God bless you, too.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:05 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,051,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Wow....

I can't think of anything worse than that honestly, imagine the world uproar America would have to answer to?

If you want to treat people like animals then you should be ready to be bitten, besides Hitler tried that once.

I find your thoughts, disgusting.
Hitler MURDERED entire groups of people, including his own german jewish citizens. i don't see how this remotely compares to the tagging of these illegal invaders.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:16 AM

9,962 posts, read 18,545,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Hitler MURDERED entire groups of people, including his own german jewish citizens. i don't see how this remotely compares to the tagging of these illegal invaders.
I was comparing inserting a microchip into Mexicans bodies as a modern day armband.

Some Germans think they should tag Muslims too:

Quote:
The second initiative originates in Lower Saxony, where the interior minister, Uwe Schünemann, also a CDU member, has stated he would consider making radical Islamists wear electronic foot tags.

But Mr. Schünemann's proposal goes well beyond these applications, tagging not just potential terrorists, but also "hate preachers" who break the law not by personally engaging in violence but by articulating beliefs that encourage others to terrorism. Tagging them breaks new conceptual ground by aggressively going to the ideological source of violence.
Two Germans vs. Islamism - article by Daniel Pipes

The tagging humans idea is very "Hitleresque".

Last edited by Mach50; 10-27-2007 at 09:26 AM..

Old 10-27-2007, 09:49 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,226,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I was comparing inserting a microchip into Mexicans bodies as a modern day armband.

Some Germans think they should tag Muslims too:

Two Germans vs. Islamism - article by Daniel Pipes

The tagging humans idea is very "Hitleresque".
Radical Islamist is to a mainstream Muslim what a Mexica believer is to a regular American of Mexican heritage.

World of difference.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:00 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,964,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Or; cut off their source of income as in Employer Sanctions Laws everywhere-------here in Arizona the illegal immigrants are showing all the signs of clearing out.

I live on the edge of a (probable) illegal immigrant enclave and I swear; there are maybe 1/2 the number of cars/trucks parked at the apartments compared to even 3 months ago.

To be honest: if there were maybe 1-2 million illegals vs. the estimated present 12-20 million------most Americans would likely ignore them. Assuming of course the illegals were otherwise law abiding.
The only thing they're doing when they're "clearing out" is going to different states. So all states doing this are basically scapegoating their own problem and handing it off to different states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration