Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:07 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,337,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Then there would be no need for a "probable cause" clause in the law. It would be an automatic status check if a mototrist did not have a valid I.D.; for every motorist...

There is no provision in the law that states that if a motorist has a valid DL/ID, then no further questions on immigration status are warranted.

Furtheremore, the law does not only apply to LEO and motorist incounters, the law states...

The law is far from clear-cut...
What? Not having a valid I.D. such as a DL or green card is what creates the "probable cause". Whereby before, laws such as the AZ one was implemented one wasn't allowed to ask about status in this country just because someone didn't have proper I.D. with them.

Do we constantly have to repeat that even if you are here legally and don't have proper I.D. when stopped you still will have nothing to fear because it can be cleared up quickly? It's your own fault if you don't carry it with you then you will be a bit incovenience for awhile. Those illegally in our country are the only ones that would have reason to be fearful of this law. That's why I don't understand why some citizens are screaming racial profiling. It has nothing to do with that and why would they have something to fear anyway? Well, I actually know the real reason and I think you do to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 04:41 PM

76 posts, read 84,146 times
1) it's annoying when I cant even get my food order right in the fast food restaurants. If you order something not the same as the one in the menu, lol... lot of the times you won't get what you want. If you know a little Spanish... it helps a lot

2) if you are surrounded by 3-4 of these illegals, you will feel like you are in TJ

Old 09-22-2011, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 550 times
The problem is not that they are murders or rapists or anything like that. Any color can be those things. The problem is they come over here, work (and yes they are excellent workers) the ones that actually work and not sit at home all day using our hard earned money to feed their 4 kids. That is only one of the problems with illegals. I can't tell you how many calls I get a day where I answer and they say "uh you speaky spanish?" No, this is AMERICA you should learn ENGLISH! I wouldn't go to a foreign country without knowing their language. The other issue is you can go to any grocery store in town and they have $300 worth of groceries and bust out the LoneStar card, again our money, to pay for their food. I can't even afford that much in groceries and I work 50 hrs a week! Then they open their wallets and you see wads of $100 dollar bills, which means what? They don't have bank accounts, because they are illegal and NOT PAYING TAXES like the rest of us who bust our asses at work all week and then get 100's of dollars taken out of OUR paychecks to help support them!

Oh and the other thing is, I got laid off last summer and found a part-time job making a piddly $300 A MONTH. I tried to get food stamps until I found a better job and guess what? I got denied because "i made too much." Really? So they get around the system to be able to use our money, and guess what else? You see them driving Lincoln Navigators and other $50,000 vehicals. So why are they able to get away with this? I'll tell you how, they get one bean in the door and they move the whole bean burrito in!

Last edited by Yac; 09-23-2011 at 01:25 AM..

Old 09-23-2011, 09:13 PM

14,052 posts, read 15,084,047 times
I hate the excuse the illegals are only breaking a small subset of laws. Do you know how many laws you break when you kill someone, 1 law, does that mean they shouldn't be procicuted because they only broke one law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration