Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:05 PM

8,064 posts, read 10,661,772 times

Advertisements

I am behind the laws that Oklahoma has passed 100%. The politicians there have made a consistant effort to represent the American Citizens that have elected them to office, rather than catering to special interest groups, corporate donors, or the governments of other countries (i.c. Mexico) as our own President has done. I have sent my heartfelt support to Oklahomas' Governor and all the legislators responsible for getting these strict immigraiton laws passed. I understand Kansas and Arkansas are now considering similar laws, and I support them for their efforts as well. We are a nation of Legal citizens, not a nation of border jumpers. We have strict, manageable immigration laws in place in this country, and their are good reasons for that. Kudos to Oklahoma!

Old 10-31-2007, 11:23 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,381,786 times
MontanaMom, let your politicians know how you feel. I feel like you are someone who does, and Kudos to you! If enough citizens in your state keep bringing this to the table, they too, will pass illegal reform laws!!

Old 11-01-2007, 01:37 AM

43 posts, read 88,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
what???????
are you kidding?
when i read the thread, i was curious, but after reading, this is what i have to say....
american benefits are for american citizens...not illegal aliens. get over it.
some american citizens on welfare or disability or s.s. are in need...and their need is minimized by the aid in dollars to illegal aliens.
as for the living conditions in mexico, some native american indians are living exactly the same way...do we see the mexican government or it's citizens supporting those tribes?
and also, there are white, black asian, etc american citizens who live exactly that way because they have no other option.
yes, some illegals break some laws....as you say, ...like it is ok....
some murder , rape, execute ,drink and drive(like the crime an illegal committed on cinco de mayo 1996, and my husband almost died as his victim,) and some, hijack airplanes and crash them into buildings....need i remind you of the 9-11 illegals who did those terrible things?
my nephew is over "across the water" fighting for freedom...someone elses freedom, and in the end, our freedom, too.
do you really think i am afraid of war with mexico?
seems to me that if 20 + million illegal immigrants are coming here, then there is a problem not with america , but the country they fled.
and yes...if you are caught with an illegal in your car, knowing they are illegal, then you are part of the problem, thinking it's not treason.
i have many okie family, and i really dont think they are worried about losing the illegal...after all, they did survive the dust bowl, for christs sake.
if you invade my country, i will defend her...pass that along to your lawn boy.

I think its funny ever since i have posted my opinion that people keep going to the past like here you brought up the dust bowl. ARE YOU SERIOUS!! That was the dust bowl...i dont know if you know or not but its 2007 were talking about the issue now!!! I also dont know if you read any of the other post but were did you get your information that only illegals drink and drive, rape, murder, etc. if you can find somewere that is credible that this is true please provide that information. It really pisses me off that you made this into a racial thing by the comment of you saying PASS THAT ALONG TO YOUR LAWN BOY!!! Everyone in this thread has said that this isnt a racial matter but obviously it was just proven in the post above!!

You say that your husband was a victim in a hit and run by an illegal mexican but if he ran how do you know his legality or not?? Im sorry that your husband almost died but if it was a hit and run then you dont know ANYTHING about this guy unless the police caught him. My aunt was killed in Missouri by a drunk driver at 3 in the afternoon by a white male drunk and on speed. He walked and never spent a night in jail. So i know how that feels. Im not saying its ok for ANYONE to breaks the laws but you act like only illegals do it.

The comment about ssi, welfare and such. My mom has MS and is on disability because we cant afford her medication but we have never been shorted on what we need for her through medicade or her ssi. My sister is on welfare because she has two children and my brother in law died....she works everyday and takes care of my niece and nephew. She has never had any problems either getting assistance.

I also have had family in Iraq. But you know what mexico didnt bomb us they just want to live here and have a better life. Im not saying open the door and let them all in. The ones that are here should have to pay a price and move on with the legality. We should shut the door and the ones that want in should go through the process. But i think that we should take it as a compliment that they want to live here.

I have read all the posts with an open opinion and have taken ever one into consideration. Some have been for me and some have been against me and that ok. But this one really made me mad for making it racial and if you think that this isnt racial you should read it agian!!

Old 11-01-2007, 07:27 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,173,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Why should the United States do that? Mexico is ALREADY one of the wealthiest countries in the world. The rich whities at the top just don't want to share it.
White man I may be: I certainly took no offense at your use of the word 'Whities'----------I know exactly what you meant!

Old 11-01-2007, 03:30 PM

756 posts, read 2,002,124 times
I have never said anthing racial on this thread ,as I have said before the color of someones skin means nothing to me.

You sound like a very good peron but the simple fact is your boyfriend is illegal in has no right here, as in no rights I mean he has no right to a job,benfits,a place to live are as mean as it may sound he does not have a voice he is nobdy and his only right is to be deported.
that is not being racist that is just telling you the truth.

GOD BLESS YOU

Old 11-01-2007, 03:55 PM

43 posts, read 88,454 times
You should read my thread again. My boyfriend is very legal and was born in the US. He has a social security card and he has EVERY right to his job, job benefits, his wonderful house that he lives in, and the very nice truck that he drives. He had every right that you have so i think that your thread means nothing. The only illegal i brought up was the one that i pay to mow my lawn!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 05:17 PM

I am sorry,I miss understood some of the thread. please accept my apology.
May I ask why do you pay an illegal to do your lawn? when there are plenty of legal citizens that would be more then happy to do your lawn.

you seem to be pro-illegal and I do not unserstand why any legal citizen would be for illegals.
do you not fear for your job? are your boyfriends job?
I have nothing against some-one trying to better there self but to break our laws is just wrong. then to go on tv. and scream about their rights, what about my rights as an american.if they feel so strong for their country then they need to stay there and make a difference, wave there flags and scream at there government just as loudly as they scream at us!! I felt there passion and rage, it was the same passion I have for my country.

Again please accept my apology and may god bless you!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 05:24 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,956,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
I am sorry,I miss understood some of the thread. please accept my apology.
May I ask why do you pay an illegal to do your lawn? when there are plenty of legal citizens that would be more then happy to do your lawn.

I'll believe it when I see it. I have never seen a white person doing landscaping besides the white guy supervising. Basically just stands around and makes 2 or 3 times more than the people doing the work.

you seem to be pro-illegal and I do not unserstand why any legal citizen would be for illegals.
do you not fear for your job? are your boyfriends job?
I have nothing against some-one trying to better there self but to break our laws is just wrong. then to go on tv. and scream about their rights, what about my rights as an american.if they feel so strong for their country then they need to stay there and make a difference, wave there flags and scream at there government just as loudly as they scream at us!! I felt there passion and rage, it was the same passion I have for my country.

Again please accept my apology and may god bless you!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 06:12 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,773,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post

"I'll believe it when I see it. I have never seen a white person doing landscaping besides the white guy supervising. Basically just stands around and makes 2 or 3 times more than the people doing the work.""

That's because you are in mexifornia...

Old 11-01-2007, 06:20 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. I have never seen a white person doing landscaping besides the white guy supervising. Basically just stands around and makes 2 or 3 times more than the people doing the work.

Why do you always say white guy are white people.

I have seen white people do their lawn and do it for a living
also black people do lawns too(I am not sure if you are aware of that)
point there are lots of colors not just "white guy"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration