Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:01 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,680,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
How would it feel if an illegal immigrant based website bashed American citizens as lazy law breaking criminals?! I don't think you'd feel to good, and neither would I, and neither would macho Dallas man.
Well I am not an a lazy law breaking criminal!!!!! And neither are the people i know. Illegals dont care what we think of them as shown by there actions. If they dont like it they can just take a hike. My family came from two different countries, both legally, one during a famine and was shown real hate and mistreatment only to assimulate quickly and work their rears off to live and the other came over to avoid a concentration camp because they were friends to the jewish, both came over legally and left everything behind to be citizens. They asked for NOTHING, just worked hard. The illegals of today are spitting on the graves of my ancestors and millions more with their actions and demands.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:06 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,395,251 times
How would it feel to live in an area where the illegals are the majority, gather on the sidewalks drinking, pee in the streets and hallways, and throw their garbage from the window? How about being afraid to walk to the store because of the gang violence and robbery? Your kid can't go out because she's followed by a group of young men that cajole and make comments on her physical attributes? I am not racist, I am sick of the overcrowded (10 people in a 2 bedroom apt.) and dirty conditions. A woman I KNOW played the system (she bragged about it). She has a baby, goes on welfare and hits up all the local charities, while her "husband" and "brother in laws" live there. Through Liheap, she got a free (new) Fridge. She rented so she had the fridge shipped to her mother,.. In El Salvadore. I'm glad I didn't have to stay there long.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:14 AM

1,485 posts, read 4,158,431 times
Default agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Now unless every state passes laws that counter illegals, they will flood sanctuary cities and make the problem worse for someone else. Seems like scape goating to me.
I agree with most of this, they will simply move to another state that caters to illegals like NY. but I dont think it is scape goating on behalf of that state, they are doin what they can to help that state.

All in all I think that in the near future, once the borders are taken away from Mexico and Canada and we get real id, there will be no such thing as an illegal alien....and that is just one of the governments goals.

In the meantime, I will greatly consider moving to a state like this that takes s stand against illegals.

Also notice how the defendants tried to invoke racism by saying it will be open season on latinos...when all that was mentioned was illegals....

Old 11-01-2007, 10:38 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,513,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
I agree with most of this, they will simply move to another state that caters to illegals like NY. but I dont think it is scape goating on behalf of that state, they are doin what they can to help that state.

All in all I think that in the near future, once the borders are taken away from Mexico and Canada and we get real id, there will be no such thing as an illegal alien....and that is just one of the governments goals.

In the meantime, I will greatly consider moving to a state like this that takes s stand against illegals.

Also notice how the defendants tried to invoke racism by saying it will be open season on latinos...when all that was mentioned was illegals....

Why move out of the state, why not stay and fight for your own state?

Old 11-01-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Why move out of the state, why not stay and fight for your own state?
I agree with this, just like the Illegals need to stay in their country and fight for it.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:46 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,513,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I agree with this, just like the Illegals need to stay in their country and fight for it.
My point exactly, practice what you preach.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:54 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,835,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
WONDERFUL NEWS! Only 49 states to go down the same path.

Illegals, we want you OUT!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:15 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,498,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
How would it feel to live in an area where the illegals are the majority, gather on the sidewalks drinking, pee in the streets and hallways, and throw their garbage from the window? How about being afraid to walk to the store because of the gang violence and robbery? Your kid can't go out because she's followed by a group of young men that cajole and make comments on her physical attributes? I am not racist, I am sick of the overcrowded (10 people in a 2 bedroom apt.) and dirty conditions. A woman I KNOW played the system (she bragged about it). She has a baby, goes on welfare and hits up all the local charities, while her "husband" and "brother in laws" live there. Through Liheap, she got a free (new) Fridge. She rented so she had the fridge shipped to her mother,.. In El Salvadore. I'm glad I didn't have to stay there long.
It sounds like you are talking about Los Angeles
If you know of illegals that are staying in a home or people giving them jobs,
PLEASE report it. If you see them doing anything illegal PLEASE report.
Their are web sites where you can report these crimes, Or Get the phone number you need. The law will not know unless it's reported.
Report and deport

Old 11-01-2007, 11:19 AM

635 posts, read 1,747,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
You've got to be kidding me. It's called corruption, lack of infrastructure, and not enough GNP. How are you going to protest that and be successful?!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
You've got to be kidding me. It's called corruption, lack of infrastructure, and not enough GNP. How are you going to protest that and be successful?!
Yea things will change by running away. We have none so why stay and change it? Yea nice theory, hey the US government is corrupt at every level, why fight against it right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.