Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 05:19 AM

238 posts, read 1,145,686 times

Advertisements

If you really study the issue, the police and local and State officals are telling everyone that there will be few changes on how the Police will operate. The law will be NOT be enforced.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:50 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,487,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
When you live in Oklahoma, you can easily attain a racist or ignorant view point, because of lack of diversity. Trust me I know these people, I love them dearly, and so does my King, Jesus.
You have been repeatedly asked to keep your personal religious views out of the discussion. This is not the correct forum. If you wish to discuss 'my King, Jesus' go the the Religion forum.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:55 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,512,132 times
Hats off to Oklahoma! The rest of the states should follow suit. If those sancutuary cities get flooded by illegals good for them. Maybe that's what it will take for them to wake up and get with the program, the program being abiding by THE LAW!

As far as the comments about racism and stupid people just another sorry diversion tactic from people that apparently lack respect for the US and it's laws. We are a nation of law abiding people or at least that's what we are supposed to be. To call US citizens that want to enforce the laws racist or stupid is simply outrageous. The people of Oklahoma are some of the most intelligent and brave folks I've seen lately. I'd say they should be referred to as heros not racists.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:16 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,195,674 times
LIke the boy who cried 'wolf'; the 'racism' card is backfiring------at least in the case of the illegal immigrants here in the USA.

If an illegal Guatemalan tried that 'racism' crap in Mexico-------how long would he/she live to tell the tale?

Old 11-01-2007, 07:26 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,501,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Now unless every state passes laws that counter illegals, they will flood sanctuary cities and make the problem worse for someone else. Seems like scape goating to me.
I would hope other states will learn from Ok. and do something about the illegal problem before it becomes worse. Sure they will go someplace else, So put a stop to it before they do. If they don't these all ready over ran sanctuary cities will get what they are asking for.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:29 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,320,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
LOL!! You actually believe they will set their sights back to Mexico? Think again!!!
Many are returning to their country of origin - some are moving to other areas - and what is going to happen is, as those areas start having the same problems that prompted legislation such as Oklahoma's, the "new" problem area will follow suit etc., etc., and eventually, the FEDS will have to step in and ACTIVELY enforce the immigration laws -

Old 11-01-2007, 07:31 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,501,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
"Messicans"...

Racist? Possibly?

I find it ironic that the same people who say: "this has nothing to do with racism" then post to a forum that calls Mexicans "Messicans".

Nope nothing racist about that. 1 step forward 2 steps back.
As soon as things don't go their way they pull out the race card,

Old 11-01-2007, 08:23 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,530,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
As soon as things don't go their way they pull out the race card,
Calling Mexicans "Messicans" is pretty racist wouldn't you agree?

Old 11-01-2007, 08:29 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,161,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
The state of Oklahoma is making a big mistake in its treatment of illegal aliens.
Sounds like a threat to me. Care to elaborate?

Old 11-01-2007, 08:30 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,161,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Many are returning to their country of origin - some are moving to other areas - and what is going to happen is, as those areas start having the same problems that prompted legislation such as Oklahoma's, the "new" problem area will follow suit etc., etc., and eventually, the FEDS will have to step in and ACTIVELY enforce the immigration laws -
Look for the population of illegals to spike in north Texas. As if we don't have enough of them here already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration