Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 4,459 times

Advertisements

I think very different to some of the people here. First of all they think its a good thing they passed this law. People from other places come to the U.S to better themselves and their family. Americans say we come to take their jobs, that is some bull...For example when im driving around i see lots of "hiring" signs, but something i do not see is Americans who need a job going to get the job, instead I see them in DHS offices no offence but mainly white and black men in there, also BEGGING in the streets for money and food. And people saying mexicans take their job,and therefore that is why they dont have a job is just an excuse to not work. Us mexicans and people from other places (not born in the US) we are here to better our selves, and we dont put any excuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 04:06 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicangirl_nproud View Post
I think very different to some of the people here. First of all they think its a good thing they passed this law. People from other places come to the U.S to better themselves and their family. Americans say we come to take their jobs, that is some bull...For example when im driving around i see lots of "hiring" signs, but something i do not see is Americans who need a job going to get the job, instead I see them in DHS offices no offence but mainly white and black men in there, also BEGGING in the streets for money and food. And people saying mexicans take their job,and therefore that is why they dont have a job is just an excuse to not work. Us mexicans and people from other places (not born in the US) we are here to better our selves, and we dont put any excuses.
Excuse me, but the US is a sovereign nation with borders. Who gave the illegals the right to unilaterally decide to come here to 'better themselves and their families' and just coincidentally enjoy many of the benefits of life in the US in the bargain? I don't care why you are here, the fact of the matter is you are not supposed to be here. Now go home!

Last edited by andreabeth; 11-06-2007 at 04:20 PM..

Old 11-06-2007, 04:15 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,718,613 times
Ms. Mexican girl. I'm an immigrant from the Philippines. We are a very poor country and probably worse off than Mexico. Most of my former country men and women make less than 4 dollars (US) a day. I came here with the proper papers and waited in line like your suppose to. Now I am a naturalized citizen and I vowed to protect this country and obey its laws. Illigal Immigrants will not protect our country or obey our laws because they really dont love America.. they just love the life they are living under the Stars and Stripes.

I understand the Mexican people are hard working, but there is a Chinese person waiting to come in an work for less. Would you like it if they let a bunch of Chinese come in and undercut your wages?? My point is there are a lot of people(other nationalities) that would take the (illegal latino) jobs and work for less. The problem with that is they are not withing walking distance of the USA. Just be grateful that you are here in the USA (legal or not) and stop asking for rights because you dont deserve them.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:23 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,154,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Excuse me, but the US is a sovereign nation with borders. Who gave the illegals the right to unilaterally decide to come here to 'better themselves and their families' and just coincidentally enjoy many of the benefits of life in the US in the bargain? I don't care why you are here, the fact of the matter is you are not supposed to be here. Now go home!
Amen. It isn't up to you to unilaterally decide to solve our labor problems for us.

Illegals need to go home.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:25 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,188,484 times
mexicangirl - you are saying that you are illegal?

Old 11-06-2007, 04:27 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,458,535 times
I think I'll go move in to one of the sprawling mansions on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. I'll take my kids too, and immediately demand the owner of the house start taking care of me. In exchange, I'll mow his lawn and keep house for him. I will demand that he pay my bills, put my kids through school, and not have any objections in the process. After all, I'm just trying to "better myself and my family".

While I am at this house, I will throw dirty diapers wherever I darn well please, play obnoxious polka music full blast at any time of the day or night as I please, and demand that the owner of the house start to accommodate my native language or I will spray graffitti all over the cabana by the pool in retaliation.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:28 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,442,114 times
Quote:
Miss Mexican Girl, first of all welcome to the forum!!

I think it is positive that you share your experiences and views as we all do, only something good can come of this, please tell us more about your story, I just want to kindly ask you to do it with respect, and be open to the ideas of the other forum members they have their reasons to have those views about immigration as well and that way we can keep learning from each other

Honestly I admire your courage for coming here and speaking what you think, people we need to know the voice of "illegals" too! we've been hearing the voice of American Citizens and Mexican Citizens, but not from an "illegal" immigrant, maybe that's what we need.

And if you don't mind I want to ask you something, from paisa to paisa, what made you immigrate to the United States, what was missing in Mexico that made you go there and don't mind about being "illegal"

Old 11-06-2007, 04:33 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,945,034 times
Travelling fella, it's always good to see you show up on the boards.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:33 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,680,349 times
Quote:
You obviously have no clue whats going on, my family and those many of those we know lost jobs and business because illegals will come here and work for nada wages. And us that have families and homes and obligations just cannot afford to do that. Come here and break laws, you will recieve NO sympathy from me or anyone else I know. In fact if you are here illegally, go home you are not needed or welcome.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:42 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,945,034 times
Mexican girl. I think that your post plainly points out many of the reasons citizens and legal residents of the USA are so offended by the illegal presence. You see, you overlook one of the most fundamental aspects of our nation that makes it great; that of abiding by the law. Without laws, however minor or major, there would be anarchy. Have you every wondered why people wish to come to this country? It's because we've built something here very special, and if we start bending every rule to please a mob mentality then we'll no longer be that very country that so many seek to enter (legally or illegally). Mexico is a beautiful country and I wish she would get her act together.

I think people such as travelling fella are a huge asset to Mexico. He is trying to stay home and help his country as well should others. It's posts from intelligent people such as travelling fella that makes me think there is hope for Mexico.

The best thing America can do for Mexico is to force her to build herself into a better nation. Then, people such as yourself wouldn't have to resort to crossing into our country and force themselves to live as a sub-class. I'm sure that most people would rather they stay in their home country but unfortunately we have our own greedy, corrupt politicians and business people that want to take advantage of cheap labor and thereby lower the wage for everyone else. They are more to blame for this mess than anyone; them, and our reluctance as citizens to look at things as they truly have been for some time now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration