Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:08 PM

1,511 posts, read 979,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys View Post
GHOST, have you considered just going to Mexico, maybe open up a social services shop for illegal wannabes? You could probly make a fortune off US gov't hand outs. Maybe you could balance Mexico's economy yourself.
great ideas, willys. maybe you and glen beck can become bounty hunters and save america from the evil illegal immigrants, restoring it to a land of white picket fences and SUVs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 12:26 PM

756 posts, read 2,001,899 times
posted by,GHOST
great, so stop attacking illegals. theyre just people trying to have a better life. turn your hatred towards the government for not working to take away incentives for immigration. balance economies and they will stay home!

Who is attacking illegals? you say turn hatred toward the government for not doing their job.(we agree they are not doing their job)why then do the illegals come here with their hatred and blame us like we owe them something,(and all honesty we owe them nothing)when they need to be blaming their government with that hatred and change their government instead of trying to change ours.
I have always said the blame is with our government and mexico government

Old 11-09-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
Who is attacking illegals? you say turn hatred toward the government for not doing their job.(we agree they are not doing their job)why then do the illegals come here with their hatred and blame us like we owe them something,(and all honesty we owe them nothing)when they need to be blaming their government with that hatred and change their government instead of trying to change ours.
I have always said the blame is with our government and mexico government
not all illegals are blaming the US like we owe them something. that is a very small percentage of the estimated 7-20 million here. so dont generalize. its very misleading.

but the US has had direct impacts on the state of mexico as a country. the ones that do have hatred towards the US usually have potential justification. it really is a double-edged sword.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:33 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,510,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
t
but you said a mouthful. the government is the problem, NOT THE ILLEGALS THEMSELVES. excellent!
Of course the illegals have culpibility in this problem as well! I don't see the government transporting them in to the country.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:40 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,732,811 times
Quote:
great, so stop attacking illegals. theyre just people trying to have a better life. turn your hatred towards the government for not working to take away incentives for immigration. balance economies and they will stay home!
MOD CUT

Granted, our Government should and could do more but that is no excuse for anyone from any country to snub their noses at our immigration laws and our Border Patrol Agents.

Using your twisted logic . . . if a bank neglects to lock their doors, does that give me the right to steal all of the money I need for a "better life"?

I believe we all need to fix the problems here at home but the ILLEGALS need to fix the problems in their own country, NOT jump ship for the easy way out.[/color]

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-09-2007 at 03:44 PM..

Old 11-09-2007, 12:41 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,510,792 times
Quote:
great ideas, willys. maybe you and glen beck can become bounty hunters and save america from the evil illegal immigrants, restoring it to a land of white picket fences and SUVs.
IMO it's utterly insane and juvenille to belittle another legal US citizen for demanding immigration laws be enforced. To be more concerned about the feelings of unlawful aliens then those of the law abiding legal citizens of this country is darned right shameful.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Of course the illegals have culpibility in this problem as well! I don't see the government transporting them in to the country.
if faced with the same set of circumstances, most of us would resort to similar actions. i understand why they do what they do, and i sympathize.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Granted, our Government should and could do more but that is no excuse for anyone from any country to snub their noses at our immigration laws and our Border Patrol Agents.
theyre not snubbing their noses on purpose. its just an ill effect of crossing over illegally. i seriously doubt that if you were able to ask an illegal for their primary reason for crossing, it would be "to show the american border patrol how stupid they are. f### america!!!". that is how you make it sound.

Quote:
Using your twisted logic . . . if a bank neglects to lock their doors, does that give me the right to steal all of the money I need for a "better life"?
wow. that does not follow my logic at all. now immigrants are stealing ALL of the money?

Quote:
I believe we all need to fix the problems here at home but the ILLEGALS need to fix the problems in their own country, NOT jump ship for the easy way out.[/color]

easier said than done. the zapatista army has had little success. their government is too corrupt. its not a realistic option for the average person/family.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-09-2007 at 03:45 PM..

Old 11-09-2007, 01:18 PM

185 posts, read 355,597 times
Most illegals are NOT good people. Their act of coming here is not only illegal it's immoral. No skills, no education, nothing to contribute to America. In fact most hold America in disdain.

I've heard it right from their collective mouth "you have more than me, gimme, gimme gimme!"

I have a lot more pride than that, I am fiercly independant and have never taken a thing I haven't earned. Believe me I've worked my butt off only to be taken advantage of most of my life instead of rewarded with a decent salary. At 52 years old my struggle is FIANLLY starting to pay off so when I see tens of millions of people who came here illegally, gave nothing to this country and demand rights it rubs me the wrong way.

I have no sympathy for freeloaders, I hope they are frightened and miserable, enough so to go back home and fix their own country.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
Most illegals are NOT good people. Their act of coming here is not only illegal it's immoral. No skills, no education, nothing to contribute to America. In fact most hold America in disdain.
can you prove this?

Quote:
I've heard it right from their collective mouth "you have more than me, gimme, gimme gimme!"
where did you hear that? can i have a link?

Quote:
I have a lot more pride than that, I am fiercly independant and have never taken a thing I haven't earned. Believe me I've worked my butt off only to be taken advantage of most of my life instead of rewarded with a decent salary. At 52 years old my struggle is FIANLLY starting to pay off so when I see tens of millions of people who came here illegally, gave nothing to this country and demand rights it rubs me the wrong way.

I have no sympathy for freeloaders, I hope they are frightened and miserable, enough so to go back home and fix their own country.
so tell me what you did to earn the benefits of america (the social programs, the economy, the lifestyle) besides being born here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration