Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 04:14 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Do you really think Fred is unelectable? If you look at conservative polls he leads. Other polls still indicate he, Guiliani and Romney as the front-runners. All I can say is I hope you are wrong on this one Dallas. We need Fred!

Guiliani is the sole front-runner, I can tell from the polls. I still want Ron Paul though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 06:36 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,496,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Guiliani is the sole front-runner, I can tell from the polls. I still want Ron Paul though.
I don't put a lot of stock in these polls myself, he may be the front runner as of now but he will not be President.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
I don't put a lot of stock in these polls myself, he may be the front runner as of now but he will not be President.
Do you have any source on this? Who do you want to be president?

Old 11-14-2007, 09:10 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,227,257 times
Quote:
How do you source an opinion?

Old 11-14-2007, 09:59 PM

86 posts, read 146,753 times
I whole-heartedly agree with Mr. Thompson.

There are three candidates which would have my vote, should any of them be nominated for president, in order of who I would prefer: Duncan Hunter, Ron Paul, Fred Thompson.

And wow, ProLogic, why would you ask a guy to cite resources for an opinion? That's just special. I laughed at that out loud when I read it, thanks for that at least.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:02 PM

323 posts, read 742,293 times
Well, Guiliani is in bed with Mexico. His law firm has had a front force in hiring a Spanish company to construct the Nafta SuperHighway.

I think Fred could do a good job and Hunter.imo Whatever thats worth.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:19 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,496,263 times
Quote:
LOL, no I don't have a source I just don't think Rudy will get the votes. He has made his stand on illegal immigrants and not punishing employers for hiring them, I think that will be a big down fall for him in the end. I like Thompson and Ron Paul in that order.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:22 PM

Lol my bad. Try writing a 7 page analytical essay on apartheid while browsing the forums. I thought you meant that he wouldn't be president according to the polls

Old 11-14-2007, 11:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
sounds good i like the sound of the post. but there are 23 million already here and we had law enforcement all along. do you get the feeling that it does not matter what political party is in the white house, they dont want to enforce immigration? to me, this can only mean one thing. the federal government is active in labor/union busting.
they are tryin go roll back the clock to where we are picking peaches for 5 cents a bushel again. this really was not that long ago for an old guy. only its wont be illegal mexican people pickin this time, it will be us again. we have been out in those fields, my grandparents remembered it. my american brothers have real contempt for unions. money will do that to you. old guys that were not born with money tend to remember this stuff, even when we get money.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:40 AM

2 posts, read 2,283 times
Default Wow ! Cant believe this is a real thread

Ok Ill blow my own covers first. I am an avid Ron Paul supporter so you can stop reading now if you are of a mind to.

Anyone left? If so let me first say I dont consider myself a spammer and never thought I would ever particapate in these online things, chat rooms creep me out period.

With that said I cant help but wonder as Ron Paul clearly leads in the news "they" dont want to you to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8oO_OD3PtI

Sure some say it was rigged. Question to that is who and why would anyone hijack thousands of cell phone accounts to be charged for a bogus text vote, and if it happened where are all the people complaining about the unknown charge on thier bill?

All that aside I wonder how anyone can even believe the lies if one were to google terms like "bush protesters" , "clinton protesters" etc. Yes its true and the news is there to back it. Yet R.P. can walk oipenly on american streets with little to no security when you watch his and news videos.
Thompson and all others seem to be all of the same breed, more bigger better war, more genocide, more manipulating oil prices with war and the threats there of.
Thousands of American citizens dying on foriegn soil to further thier cause and people still consider voting for any of these people ? Just blows me away.

My big questions for you supporters of the current regime:
1) have you got your national ID card and passport yet to get out fast ?
2) since when does free trade mean building a new berlin wall at the mexico border?
3) Why do you think its terror everyday on the FAUX news when in reality its proven our major shipping ports are mainly owned by foriegners and most anyone could actually fed ex us a bomb with no checks yet we american citizens need be strip searched detained etc just to board a plane?

Hate on me if you must, I just cant help but wonder why when someone steps up and defends the constitutionand the bill of rights, wants to end the genocide, bring troops home, and basickly everything this country allegedly stands for people ridicule that person.

I as an american citizen would actually find it un american and unpatriotic to support anyone that continues squashing the constitution and bill of rights.

It amazes me that same people seem to have a lot of time on the internet and yet have no idea what the people they would vote for are all about. They would rather sleep with the knowelage that they as a woman supported a woman, as should a black man support a black man. As a right to lifer supported that, etc, etc, adnauseam.....
I support our troops as does Ron Paul BRING THEM HOME!. I support and was taught to swear to uphold the constitution ("Pledge of alliagance"), as most of us were and are today yet we seem to get lost in the day to day soap opera drama of it (politics) all.
I say keep you eyes on the ball people. Its the constitution and bill of rights. Its all the laws we once had that kept us from being poisened by toxic crap and paying for it. Its freedom. Liberty and prosperity, not beg borrow steal to act as a pupet for another country as a police force borrowing billions of dollard indebting your children and thiers for the powers that be to wage war and controll the price of oil.

I am sure to most none of this makes a bit of sence, I am sure I have grammer and spelling mistakes. I beg you all to look above the messaanger and hear the message. Its all there people (the information). Google world gas prices. See anything strange ? Did you notice you can get gas for 14 cents a gallon just off our coast ? Wake up people !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration