Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:14 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,735,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Those guys are really SERIOUS about illegal immigration - they shoot people at their southern border.

And, then they have the NERVE to overrun US with illegals.
Very very true, Cousinsal

Mexico's Southern Border is guarded like Fort Knox with a "shoot to kill" policy.

I wonder why our IDIOT Illegal lovers are so comfortable with that fact?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Nothing but HYPOCRITES.
Absolutely, NativeDallasite . . . MEGA-HYPOCRITES!

Old 11-15-2007, 10:23 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,444,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Very very true, Cousinsal

Mexico's Southern Border is guarded like Fort Knox with a "shoot to kill" policy.

I wonder why our IDIOT Illegal lovers are so comfortable with that fact?
Dear Bummer: Do you have any data to support this statement?

Old 11-15-2007, 10:37 AM

635 posts, read 1,748,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;2004416
Those guys are really SERIOUS about illegal immigration - they shoot people at their southern border.
And, then they have the NERVE to overrun US with illegals.
You MOD CUT have had obviously few encounters with illegals.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-15-2007 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: unnecessary

Old 11-15-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Nothing "official" or links, Travelling fella . . . just numerous articles over the years.

Also, I have traveled in Southern Mexico and I have personally experienced how closely the point of entries are monitored by armed guards. Contrary to our border situation, there seems to be more respect for the sovereignty of the Southern Border.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:54 AM

640 posts, read 462,421 times
Quote:
This might be a start.....

VDARE.com: 05/18/06 - Memo From Mexico: More Hypocrisy: How Mexico Handles Its Own Illegal Immigration

More hypocrisy: How Mexico Treats it's Own Illegal Immigration.

"We demand that they [Americans] treat us well, and we are incapable of treating Central Americans well."

Old 11-15-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
This might be a start.....

More hypocrisy: How Mexico Treats it's Own Illegal Immigration.

"We demand that they [Americans] treat us well, and we are incapable of treating Central Americans well."
Thanks, Sooner . . .

As I posted earlier, over the years I have seen numerous articles of a similar nature.

As for Vicente Fox's claim . . . any statement out of his mouth is suspect and questionable?

Old 11-15-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Thanks, Sooner . . .

As I posted earlier, over the years I have seen numerous articles of a similar nature.

As for Vicente Fox's claim . . . any statement out of his mouth is suspect and questionable?
Well, if you check the sticky you'll see that pages from the official Mexican government state that we have one of the world's most liberal immigration policies.

Even ilegals who happen to be in Mexico can regularize their status and become legal residents, see for yourself

Instituto Nacional de Migración - México (broken link)

Migratory regulation program.

Program focused in regularizing the migratory status of those foreigners that for different motives don't have a current and valid migratory documentation, which activities are positive for the development of the country, this program was initiated in january 2007.

Figures of people who has benefited from this program:

By Sex.

Male 15 50%
Female 15 50%

Nationalities.
Guatemalan......5 (16.7%)
Hondurean........4 (13.3%)
Salvadorean......4 (13.3%)
Colombian.........3 (10.0%)
Cuban...............2 (6.7%)
Peruvian............2 (6.7%)
Nicaraguan.........1 (3.3%)
Other.................9 (30.0%)

Total..................30 (100.0%)

Migration Statuses and Categories
The General Law on Population stipulates that foreign nationals may enter Mexico with two migration statuses:
  • Non-residents are foreign nationals that legally enter Mexico on a temporary basis.
  • Temporary residents are foreign nationals that legally enter Mexico with the intention of residing here and eventually acquiring permanent resident status.
    Temporary residents who reside legally in Mexico for five years can acquire permanent resident status.
  • A permanent resident is a foreign national who acquires the right to reside permanently in Mexico.
Immigration Categories for Non-Residents:
I. Tourist
II. Transmigrant
III. Visitor
IV. Minister or Religious Associate
V. Political Refugee
VI. Refugee
VII. Student
VIII. Distinguished Visitor
IX. Local Visitor
X. Provisional Visitor
XI. Correspondent
Migration Categories for Immigrants:
I. Resident Pensioner
II. Investor
III. Professional
IV. Executive
V. Scientist
VI. Technician
VII. Family Members
VIII. Artists and Sports Professionals
IX. Assimilated Individuals
Mexico Law Immigration

IX. Assimilated Individuals ("Asimilados") This status is given to those that do not fit into any of the preceding categories but are assimilated (fit in) to Mexico and will perform some licit, honest and productive activity in Mexico, or for those that are the spouse of or descendent of a Mexican national.
^^^^^^
I think that these are the people who can apply for the new regulation program.

Also, according to the data found in Mexico's national population bureau, guess who's the country with more of her citizens living in Mexico? America, yup the USA (This information is from year 2001)

http://www.conapo.gob.mx/prensa/carpetas/carpeta2001_14.htm (broken link)

The main country of procedence of foreign born is the United States of America
natives of the neighboring country who reside in Mexico represent, since 1970 more than 50% of the foreigners who reside in Mexico, in year 2000 they reached a figure, slightly superior to 63%

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-15-2007 at 11:47 AM..

Old 11-15-2007, 12:57 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,156,356 times
Quote:
This is unfair because Illegal immigrants from America, Canada, Europe or Asia are usually left alone, this is also because they come by plane, although if authorities know they can extract some pesos from you in bribes they might give it a try.
I've known two Brits who had to leave the United States because of immigration irregularities. One was threatened with deportation if she did not leave voluntarily after her 1-year marriage to a US citizen ended in divorce. The other was on an H1-B and was contacted by the INS prior to his visa expiring (after termination you have a certain grace period) and was told he had to leave the country or would become deportable.

Both left the USA voluntarily prior to any deportation proceeding. Left alone my foot; the INS (pre-9/11 days) knew where they were, and unlike these criminal illegal scumbags, they actually followed the laws of the United States and are eligible to return to the US as tourists on the VWP or, given proper clearance, to live and work here again. That's called FOLLOWING THE RULES.

I am so SICK of Mexico and Mexicans thinking they are OWED a free pass to this country and whining about how unfair things are. If Mexico sucks so much, fix it and leave us alone.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I've known two Brits who had to leave the United States because of immigration irregularities. One was threatened with deportation if she did not leave voluntarily after her 1-year marriage to a US citizen ended in divorce. The other was on an H1-B and was contacted by the INS prior to his visa expiring (after termination you have a certain grace period) and was told he had to leave the country or would become deportable.

Both left the USA voluntarily prior to any deportation proceeding. Left alone my foot; the INS (pre-9/11 days) knew where they were, and unlike these criminal illegal scumbags, they actually followed the laws of the United States and are eligible to return to the US as tourists on the VWP or, given proper clearance, to live and work here again. That's called FOLLOWING THE RULES.

I am so SICK of Mexico and Mexicans thinking they are OWED a free pass to this country and whining about how unfair things are. If Mexico sucks so much, fix it and leave us alone.
Dear Nativedallasite, that quote of my post, was about illegal immigration in Mexico, and how illegals are treated here, not in the USA

And all this information is not to state that America owes nothing to no one, it's just information intended to contribute in a positive way to this forum so you can draw your own conclusions, that's all.

Respect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration