Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 08:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration will allow some relatives of U.S. service members living in the country illegally to stay, according to a policy directive issued Friday.

Obama, business leaders to discuss immigration Associated Press
Obama meets with CEOs to push immigration reform Associated Press
House Republican backs Dem immigration bill Associated Press
Top Catholic bishop presses House on immigration Associated Press
Law enforcement unfamiliar with DHS nominee Associated Press
The nine-page memorandum is the latest in a series of immigration policy changes made by President Barack Obama since he took office. The department has long had the power to stop deportations for relatives of military members and veterans, but Friday's memo lays out how and when it can be used.

Obama relying more on immigration rule changes

Is this "POTUS" for real? He needs to be removed from office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 11:46 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,703,194 times
dang you beat me to it, but I was going to say, its for our military. So you guys don't think that President Obama should be able to do this even for our troops?

Anyways, it's good news though so keep that good news coming Packard fan!

Old 11-16-2013, 06:50 AM

62,969 posts, read 29,152,361 times
I am sure that many of these military men/women are "anchor babies" and once again shows that it was an ample term for them since now their parent's in our country illegally will not be deported.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
The only group left are illegal felons.
He'll let them stay next.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:01 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Why is a Top Catholic bishop involved? Has the Catholic Church suddenly decided that they wish to do away with separation of church and state and start paying taxes?
More than a few Republicans backed the Senate bill. They were counting on that pork spending.
I am for reform. By reform I mean to fix what is broken.
Our policies should never be based upon the demands, needs or wishes of the illegals.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:33 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
dang you beat me to it, but I was going to say, its for our military. So you guys don't think that President Obama should be able to do this even for our troops?
The hatred is deep-seeded, unfortunately.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:00 AM

62,969 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Not desiring rewards for illegal aliens by allowing them to remain here and desiring the enforcement of our immigration laws instead is not akin to hatred. No one should get a pass on our immigration laws just because the have relatives in the military or any other reasons.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not desiring rewards for illegal aliens by allowing them to remain here and desiring the enforcement of our immigration laws instead is not akin to hatred. No one should get a pass on our immigration laws just because the have relatives in the military or any other reasons.
Agreed.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:25 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,703,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The hatred is deep-seeded, unfortunately.
I can see that, kinda hypocritical..when some are hispanic and others have married hispanic women. I would think for the simple fact that these people put their lives on the line for our country would be good enough reason to curb the rules a little bit.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
I can see that, kinda hypocritical..when some are hispanic and others have married hispanic women. I would think for the simple fact that these people put their lives on the line for our country would be good enough reason to curb the rules a little bit.
Not really since not all "Hispanics"; even ones of Aztec and Spanish family, support or even like Mexico and the rest of LatAm with them wanting amnesty for illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration