Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 06:27 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,753,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Great job Officer Dreher! Any time a suspect takes a baton away from a cop and attacks him with it he's committing assault with a deadly weapon. Maybe even attempted murder depending on the circumstances. This is just another example of a crime that wouldn't have happened if the border was secured.

But I have to say, I'm sure glad Johnny Sutton isn't the local prosecutor in Tucson.
Amen, Hawkeye!

With any luck at all that IDIOT, Johnny Sutton, will be deported by the time Dubya leaves office!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 07:45 PM

447 posts, read 799,213 times
sounds clear cut to me.
grab a cops weapon, be it his handgun, or his baton, and try to use it against him, you better be prepared for trouble.

i would like to respond to ozark baby, in albuquerque, the police have been issued a written order to cease and disist in questioning any hispanic of legal status.not anyone else but people of hispanic origin.
so the mexican illegal feels secure in their surroundings, they know they are safe from deportation here.

as an albquerque resident i have also heard stories of police shootings i felt couldve been handled with less force, but that happens everywhere.
in the apd's defense, and all law enforcement defense, maybe we should all walk a mile in their shoes before passing judgement.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:19 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,753,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
sounds clear cut to me.
grab a cops weapon, be it his handgun, or his baton, and try to use it against him, you better be prepared for trouble.

i would like to respond to ozark baby, in albuquerque, the police have been issued a written order to cease and disist in questioning any hispanic of legal status.not anyone else but people of hispanic origin.
so the mexican illegal feels secure in their surroundings, they know they are safe from deportation here.

as an albquerque resident i have also heard stories of police shootings i felt couldve been handled with less force, but that happens everywhere.
in the apd's defense, and all law enforcement defense, maybe we should all walk a mile in their shoes before passing judgement.
Very interesting, Vivski

Maybe that explains why we're hearing reports that literally thousands of illegals are leaving Arizona and moving to New Mexico in anticipation of our upcoming employer crack down law.

ENJOY!
! ! ! !

Old 11-26-2007, 08:21 PM

33 posts, read 60,388 times
The mexican federales shoot/rape/kill illegal aliens all the time.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:59 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,575,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longoner View Post
The mexican federales shoot/rape/kill illegal aliens all the time.
ALL the time ?---don't they ever get a coffee break, or a day off? No wonder they're grouchy--they must be EXHAUSTED.....ALL the time....hmmmm---

Old 11-27-2007, 08:11 AM

937 posts, read 2,837,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I don't think officers are supposed to shoot to kill if the suspect has no weapons on him. In this case he should of shot him in the feet or tazered him. His illegal status has really nothing to do with the officers routine traffic stop. Its really a matter of excess force.
Well since you dont know anything of police work and the use of deadly force, then you shouldn't be commenting because you are DEAD wrong, pun intended. Shoot him in the foot? Oh dear lord

Old 11-27-2007, 10:39 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,217,148 times
It's called 'suicide by cop' - would any of us try to do that and expect to live?

Perhaps that phrase needs to be translated and publicized.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:54 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,689,458 times
My brother in law is a cop, I asked him about this, the cop had every right to use deadly force, the guy grabbed his baton, next could have been a gun. he said he would have done the same thing.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:07 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,773,008 times
Shooting him in the foot during an altercation would only be possible if Bruce Willis is the cop and Hollywood is filming a movie. The reality is that the officer did have the justification to shoot this fellow since he was trying to use his baton as a weapon. I am glad the officer is the one left standing.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:29 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,511,778 times
Thank goodness another officer was not killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration