Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 06:13 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,775,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
would you be in favor of a law requiring only those that want the wall to pay for it?
I'm in favor of those that don't want it to join their illegal friends south of the border.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:14 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,490,195 times
Quote:
what source do you cite that backs up your claims? i cited the CRS report. pretty much the authority on the subject at this point. migration is the easier option at this point, but that does not mean a full wall is going to stop immigration, or even reduce it. its purely speculation on your part, until you show me your source.
Here is my source. It was in my initial post.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5323928 (broken link)

Quote:
i guess they dont exist to you. thats just chipper. tell you what, find me a more objective news source than NPR and we'll call it even.
I have many news sources I consider objective. Find your own. I simply am not interested in wasting my time playing some game with you.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:20 PM

1,511 posts, read 981,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Here is my source. It was in my initial post.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5323928
(broken link)

yeah that source didnt say anything about the effectiveness of the actual wall, just that it caused migration to areas without one.

Quote:
I have many news sources I consider objective. Find your own. I simply am not interested in wasting my time playing some game with you.
name some. i just want to check them out.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:22 PM

1,511 posts, read 981,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I'm in favor of those that don't want it to join their illegal friends south of the border.
MISTAKE! APOLOGIES!!!!!!!!

Last edited by GH0ST..; 11-30-2007 at 06:38 PM..

Old 11-30-2007, 06:22 PM

902 posts, read 722,261 times
Quote:
[/url]

yeah that source didnt say anything about the effectiveness of the actual wall, just that it caused migration to areas without one.

Duncon Hunter has showed and stated proof about the San Diego wall working damn well. I trust him and his figures more than you.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:24 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,775,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Very nice answer ghost! I live in Los Angeles County and I as well you admire the Latino culture. I have known so many Latinos and illegal immigrants, and only positive experiences. I think alot of people on this site don't understand Latino people or the illegal immigrant cause, but who can really blame them. I'm sure many of them live in 90% white neighborhoods, so they've never been able to experience diversity like we have.
My neighborhood is 70% hispanic and I still don't like illegals. Have had Hispanic friends for years and most of them don't like illegals either. NOPE ,I DON'T HAVE A SOURCE FOR THE EITHER, YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO TRUST ME.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:24 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,490,195 times
Quote:
[/url]

No

Old 11-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Air

150 posts, read 538,790 times
Instead of spending on a wall or deterrents, why not fund immigration visas and seasonal worker schemes? Anyone would rather do that than risk a desert hike or paying a smuggler. I mean, the US needs the workers, the workers are ready and willing, just hire people to do the paperwork! That must be much cheaper than arming border police and building the wall.

I do know the answer. People who come in on visas have the right not to accept substandard wages and working conditions. People who have been traumatised, are indebted to smugglers and otherwised demeaned do not feel they have the right to anything.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:34 PM

377 posts, read 685,816 times
Quote:
ummm, simultaneously...?
Whereby a man abandons his wife and children to fend for themselves in all manner.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Air

150 posts, read 538,790 times
Alternatively, help create better jobs in people's home countries so they don't have to emigrate. Aren't the maquiladoras American-owned? If they were paying a decent wage and people were working in good conditions, they wouldn't need to leave. Again, regulating American-owned maquiladoras makes more sense and would cost less than armed guards and prisons and all that hateful stuff.

Unless people just want to be hateful. I can see why the companies want to get away with not paying people and treating them like slaves, but I don't know why American people would rather spend more money than is necessary on measures that don't work. Either you help people be happier where they are so they don't emigrate, or you give people that have a waiting job for them visas.

Then the border patrol could do its job against drugs, money laundering, cross border kidnappings, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration