Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 06:52 PM

1,511 posts, read 980,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
But you always want one...you don't seem to trust anyone.
i dont trust anyone without verifying it myself. why should i?

i want a source when someone makes a "factual" claim, such as "illegal aliens are a burden to our society" or "they hate the white man and want to reconquer america as mexico" or whatever. i also like to make sure there is no sensationalism or generalizing, seeing as though it clouds the accuracy of the argument. we can agree that illegals cause a "drain" on society, but studies ive provided show that it is extremely small, and that often tends to be highly exaggerated, and slanted in their favor with improper perspectives (such as a pure dollar amount and not as a percentage of gdp). a 1.5 billion dollar drain sounds like so much money (and may not be counting contributions), but seeing as though it only translates to approximately .07% of the GDP, we can understand that it is not the large number it is made out to be.

source: (ignore the title) LiveLeak.com - Minutemen are Unnecesasarily Racist! See the Proof.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:00 PM

377 posts, read 685,437 times
Ohh No... I predict the end of this thread soon...

Old 11-30-2007, 08:36 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,375,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
i dont trust anyone without verifying it myself. why should i?

i want a source when someone makes a "factual" claim, such as "illegal aliens are a burden to our society" or "they hate the white man and want to reconquer america as mexico" or whatever. i also like to make sure there is no sensationalism or generalizing, seeing as though it clouds the accuracy of the argument. we can agree that illegals cause a "drain" on society, but studies ive provided show that it is extremely small, and that often tends to be highly exaggerated, and slanted in their favor with improper perspectives (such as a pure dollar amount and not as a percentage of gdp). a 1.5 billion dollar drain sounds like so much money (and may not be counting contributions), but seeing as though it only translates to approximately .07% of the GDP, we can understand that it is not the large number it is made out to be.

source: (ignore the title) LiveLeak.com - Minutemen are Unnecesasarily Racist! See the Proof.
This ONE person's findings, so forgive me for not considering it as the holy grail of information on illegal immigration, as you and ProLogic do, as both of you have probably posted this video 100 times on this forum. As per your own admission, many numbers in this situation are "estimated", and the amount of illegal immigrants cannot be confirmed, thus the information used for this study was most likely innaccurate, as well as the results.
On another note, many sources on the side of anti-illegal immigration has been deemed by the pro-illegal side as false, such as the stats listed from the LA times. If these sources can be deemed as not credible, what's to say the sources for pro-illegal immigration are? Many sources for the pro-illegal argument are from the media, and I think even you would agree that the media is extremely pro-illegal, especially ones like Fox news.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:09 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,261,175 times
You know, we went out to dinner tonight for a couple of hours, come back and have some coffee in the back yard porch, go in to scan the board while I catch the Cavs vs Raptors (taped) game, and low and behold...

Thread is closed, and that is an understatement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration