Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What bothers you the most of illegal immigrants?
The fact they are here illegally, the violated my border, stole a SS #, etc you know? 56 75.68%
I wouldn't mind if they were well behaved and tried to adapt, it's their actions! 18 24.32%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 07:24 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,451,692 times

Advertisements

It is the fact they are here illegally?

Or their negative actions?

E.G.
Raising their flags over ol' glory
Harassing women
Violent actions
and a long etc

if they kept a low profile and tried to assimilate would you feel different about them?

Old 11-30-2007, 07:27 AM

I voted their actions, I once suffered a theft from an illegal immigrant from uruguay you know?

But I feel sympathy for other illegals I've known, from several places like holland, venezuela, even americans who live illegally here, but behave well, I guess we don't have the amounts of illegals that the United States does though and when you get that much people, things can get nasty.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-30-2007 at 07:51 AM..

Old 11-30-2007, 07:50 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,580,210 times
I think this is quite obvious, TravelingFella--- Most Americans are very much ready to "welcome the stranger", if the stranger makes even a TOKEN effort to fit in--show gratitude-and show a little respect. No one expects "perfect English". (Many of US speak atrocious English ourselves---"dude"). Most of us can understand "broken English" quite well. WE also understand a smile, a "thank you", and a little politeness.

Most decent Americans recognize that the vast majority of illegals are not violent people. I've known many personally, and none of them are "activists", and most don't care about politics. Several illegals I've known INSIST that their kids speak English as much as possible. These are the people we never hear about on this forum. They don't get into the news.

I wish we could all end racism today. That way, "good" illegals would feel free to separate themselves from the criminals in their midst. And "good" Americans of all races, concerned about the total disarray of the immigration mess, could separate themselves from the racists in their midst. who just hate minorities anyway, and are using immigration as a "cover". I get the feeling that many of them don't much care for "legal Hispanics", either.

That's my vote. I'm mad at disrespect, charges that America is racist, and the ungrateful nonsense we hear from activists (and our own American wackos). I've known too many illegals to be "mad" at them personally. I'm VERY mad at the identity-thieves, and the violent thugs, though.
And I'm mad at our political leadership---who are conducting themselves like cheap hookers, "selling" themselves, their honor, and their integrity to the highest bidder, right out in broad daylight. Truly, I'd like to see the concept of "shame" brought back into our culture. Some people NEED it !...

Old 11-30-2007, 07:52 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,580,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I voted their actions, I once suffered a theft from an illegal immigrant from uruguay you know?
Those "White Hispanics" can be the WORST !!!....

Old 11-30-2007, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I think this is quite obvious, TravelingFella--- Most Americans are very much ready to "welcome the stranger", if the stranger makes even a TOKEN effort to fit in--show gratitude-and show a little respect. No one expects "perfect English". Most of us can understand "broken English" quite well. WE also understand a smile, a "thank you", and a little politeness.

Most decent Americans recognize that the vast majority of illegals are not violent people. I've known many personally, and none of them are "activists", and most don't care about politics. Several illegals I've known INSIST that their kids speak English as much as possible. These are the people we never hear about on this forum. They don't get into the news.

I wish we could all end racism today. That way, "good" illegals would feel free to separate themselves from the criminals in their midst. And "good" Americans of all races, concerned about the total disarray of the immigration mess, could separate themselves from the racists in their midst. who just hate minorities anyway, and are using immigration as a "cover". They don't much care for "legal Hispanics", either.

That's my vote. I'm mad at disrespect, charges that America is racist, and the ungrateful nonsense we hear from activists. I've known too many illegals to be "mad" at them personally. I'm VERY mad at the identity-thieves, and the violent thugs, though.
And I'm mad at our political leadership---who are conducting themselves like cheap hookers, "selling" themselves, their honor, and their integrity to the highest bidder, right out in broad daylight. Truly, I'd like to see the concept of "shame" brought back into our culture. Some people NEED it !...
Nail on MacMeal, you deserve rep for that!

imho that is the problem within America right now, the root of all american woes is that people who is in the government lack a clear consciousness or some judgement or discernment.

But you know, people in the government are usually the reflect of a society, do you think that there is something wrong in American society that caused all this in the first place?

If this were so, then be the change that you want to see in this world! (I say that for all of us hehe)

Old 11-30-2007, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Man that was a demon really, or at least some demon was inside him, you know back in those days I didn't trust much my intuition, but since the first time I met him I felt something that told me, warning, warning, warning, there is something evil here around this person, I refused to pay attention and I paid the consequences, but in the end everything was solved thank God!

Old 11-30-2007, 08:03 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,457,886 times
Quote:
Yes! South Florida is full of white "persons from countries of Spanish colonialism". They are often the worst offenders in terms of rudeness and sense of cultural entitlement and accomodation ... though they aren't as often "illegal" since they come from countries that aren't as economically depressed, and can come in the legal way more easily.

Cultural entitlement from ANY immigrant group pisses me off. I resent it in my own family (my mother was often shunned by my father's extended family for being an American and not being "of nationality" -- in her own country!), and illegal immigrants in the Southwest have brought much of the resentment on themselves for their "cultural imperialism" and entitlement demands these past couple of years. They got caught on CNN doing it, and no amount of backpeddling has been able to erase those couple hours of negative actions.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:06 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,981,980 times
Quote:
I think this is quite obvious, TravelingFella--- Most Americans are very much ready to "welcome the stranger", if the stranger makes even a TOKEN effort to fit in--show gratitude-and show a little respect. No one expects "perfect English". (Many of US speak atrocious English ourselves---"dude"). Most of us can understand "broken English" quite well. WE also understand a smile, a "thank you", and a little politeness.

I wish we could all end racism today. That way, "good" illegals would feel free to separate themselves from the criminals in their midst. And "good" Americans of all races, concerned about the total disarray of the immigration mess, could separate themselves from the racists in their midst. who just hate minorities anyway, and are using immigration as a "cover". I get the feeling that many of them don't much care for "legal Hispanics", either.

That's my vote. I'm mad at disrespect, charges that America is racist, and the ungrateful nonsense we hear from activists (and our own American wackos). I've known too many illegals to be "mad" at them personally. I'm VERY mad at the identity-thieves, and the violent thugs, though.
I'm 100 percent in agreement with Macmeal on this. I couldn't have stated it any better. You got a couple of reps from me for that one macmeal!

The turning point for me was two years ago, and the marches. That angered me to no end to see millions upon millions of people waving flags from other countries DEMANDING that we give them citizenship. Signs saying that this is THEIR country and we should all go back to Europe. I wanted to puke. Before that, I knew of illegal immigration but was pretty apathetic about it. I think they really screwed themselves over in those marches; they awoke a sleeping giant and now it aint' going back to sleep.

Frankly, they did most of America a favor by conducting those marches. If it hadn't been for that, most of them would have probably been given amnesty by now. But now, no way.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:17 AM

635 posts, read 1,749,142 times
It's one thing to be bothered by illegal immigrants, it's another thing to go bother them. I think some racism is unfortunately going to spring up from the illegal immigration crisis, it already has.

YouTube - Van Nuys Home Depot Day Labor Site; 9-2-07, Clip 10

YouTube - Van Nuys Home Depot Day Labor Site; 9-2-07, Clip 1

Old 11-30-2007, 08:17 AM

559 posts, read 1,358,427 times
38 million LEGAL people in under 10 years is way too much for any COuntry to handle and absorb add to that the other 15-25 million illegals and it is over the top. We need to sit back, take a break from all immigration for a little while, secure our borders so the illegal element is out of the equation and see where we need to go as a Country . If we keep going at the rate we are, I see a more divided America then a richer America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.