Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 03:50 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,516,738 times

Advertisements

the cost of the mexican invasion in social services support and crime is higher than any imagined deportation cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 04:21 PM

63,042 posts, read 29,243,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Well hello, my friend! Stay awhile and listen... (see if you know that game)

Anyways, if you do hang out here, I am sure some regulars will tell you why they should deported, everything from well well...they are illegal! To, yeah I am just in a cranky mood, im off my meds, deport the illegals! lol.

That is true, I think that they should stay but should be assessed a penalty. I went ahead and did the math on 11 mil illegals by 1500 dollars which would help our economy (not including all the sales tax and property tax that they pay) and it came up to be like 16 billion. That's a lot of money. We could use that money to do something I am sure.
You're making erroneous statements here. The reasons we have stated that we want illegal aliens deported is because they are here in violation of our immigration laws, they are an enormous fiscal burden to the taxpayer and they have taken jobs from Americans. If that isn't reason enough to want them deported then I don't know what is.

If they stay they will still be able to retain jobs that Americans need and keep wages low. They will qualify for all kinds of benefits that will continue to deplete our tax coffers. They will continue to send billions out of our economy to their families back home. An American wouldn't be doing that for the most part. If they were deported instead Americans would get their jobs back and they in turn would be paying taxes and contributing to our economy so you were sayin?

Old 04-05-2014, 04:24 PM

102 posts, read 101,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I wasn't misquoting you just making a statement of my own. It is also untrue that we don't have enough Americans to do blue collared jobs. Who do you think did them before the arrival of cheap, illegal aliens? Legal immigrants are entitled to get paid a fair wage. They have the same rights on the job as Americans do. Some illegals do pay income taxes but it is never enough to cover their enormous social costs with many dependents. Besides, how are they working without committing felony ID theft? If our laws and the rights of citizens mean nothing to you then there is nothing more I can say to you. Yes, our laws state that that illegals should be deported. Their so-called productivity is irrelevant and it should be. There is certain criteria that legal immigrants have to meet to remain here so you are comparing apples to oranges here by making up scenarios.
Well, it's different topic for a different day, but I don't think anyone is "entitled to get paid a fair wage".

Illegals can pay taxes using a Tax Identification Number in lieu of a SSN. It's part of our "wink wink, nudge nudge" policy. "You're illegal, you're not allowed to work here, but if you do, use this number to pay your taxes".

Consider this: If the 11 million or so illegals they claim are here today had entered the U.S. legally, what difference would that have made? The criteria you mention for immigrating here are largely perfunctory. Do you honestly think the impact on our jobs, our social programs, schools, prisons, etc. would be any different?

If you think one's official legal status is somehow more important than their contribution to our society, I think that's a misguided perspective. And this is the point I'm trying to make to you. You're focused on the question of their legal status when it's ultimately meaningless.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannis View Post
Well, it's different topic for a different day, but I don't think anyone is "entitled to get paid a fair wage".

Illegals can pay taxes using a Tax Identification Number in lieu of a SSN. It's part of our "wink wink, nudge nudge" policy. "You're illegal, you're not allowed to work here, but if you do, use this number to pay your taxes".

Consider this: If the 11 million or so illegals they claim are here today had entered the U.S. legally, what difference would that have made? The criteria you mention for immigrating here are largely perfunctory. Do you honestly think the impact on our jobs, our social programs, schools, prisons, etc. would be any different?

If you think one's official legal status is somehow more important than their contribution to our society, I think that's a misguided perspective. And this is the point I'm trying to make to you. You're focused on the question of their legal status when it's ultimately meaningless.
Then you are an advocate for slavery? A SS number is required to get hired on a job. Surely you know this. That's where felony ID theft comes into play. I already explained to you in another post that we have annual quotas for legal immigration and for good reasons so yes it does make a difference. We would be 11 million above our quotas by allowing them to come legally in the first place. They contribute to themselves by putting Americans out of work and increasing our taxes. This is an honorable thing? Anyone with an ounce of common sense would know that the more people we have here the more demands there are for jobs, etc.

I didn't set immigration policy but I as a law abiding American an obligated to respect them and I know they are set so that our own citizens aren't negatively impacted. As I said if these illegals were deported our unemployed Americans would be contributing to our society. Their legal status is meaningless? Tell that to our government and every other country that has immigration laws. Why don't you care about Americans who have had their quality of life reduced due to illegal foreigners? Have a nice life, bye. I am done with this.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:50 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,555,230 times
When did they stop allowing the parents of anchor babies to stay in the us ? I thought that was a trick they all used to be allowed to stay here?

Old 04-05-2014, 05:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,928,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannis View Post
My question is indeed a serious one. Clearly illegal immigrants are finding work here, while many legal Americans refuse to work. What other resources do you feel we need to protect?
Sorry; I don't believe you there. Cut OFF benefits for abled bodied US citizens who can work but won't; they'll start working real fast. Too; many employers LIKE hiring illegals because they make good "slaves" like as in they're easy to cheat, over work and so on. Dirty businesses CAN'T do that to US citizens because many of us WILL fight back and win.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
When did they stop allowing the parents of anchor babies to stay in the us ? I thought that was a trick they all used to be allowed to stay here?
You would be hard pressed to find many parents here illegally that have anchors being deported unless they have been "convicted" of a serious crime. Even when they are, the perception in the illegal alien community is that they have a much greater chance of remaining here if they have an anchor or two.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Then you are an advocate for slavery?
Why must you engage in such rhetoric? Advocate for slavery? C'mon. My point is that once you decide everyone is 'entitled to a fair wage', the question becomes "who decides what's fair?". The government? No thanks. But again, we're off topic.

Quote:
A SS number is required to get hired on a job. Surely you know this. That's where felony ID theft comes into play. I already explained to you in another post that we have annual quotas for legal immigration and for good reasons so yes it does make a difference. We would be 11 million above our quotas by allowing them to come legally in the first place. They contribute to themselves by putting Americans out of work and increasing our taxes. This is an honorable thing? Anyone with an ounce of common sense would know that the more people we have here the more demands there are for jobs, etc.

I didn't set immigration policy but I as a law abiding American an obligated to respect them and I know they are set so that our own citizens aren't negatively impacted. As I said if these illegals were deported our unemployed Americans would be contributing to our society. Their legal status is meaningless? Tell that to our government and every other country that has immigration laws. Why don't you care about Americans who have had their quality of life reduced due to illegal foreigners? Have a nice life, bye. I am done with this.
It's hopelessly naive to believe that if we deport all of the illegals, that the unproductive members of our nation are suddenly going to start contributing to our society.

I do care about Americans who've been impacted by immigration, both illegal AND legal. That's the difference between you and me. The negative impact you mention has nothing to do with whether they're legal or not. You rail against illegals, yet you advocate letting these same exact people into our country legally. Basically, you're OK with losing our culture, as long as it's done in a trickle instead of a flood.

You've contributed a lot to this forum, why the sudden desire to run off?

Old 04-06-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Sorry; I don't believe you there. Cut OFF benefits for abled bodied US citizens who can work but won't; they'll start working real fast. Too; many employers LIKE hiring illegals because they make good "slaves" like as in they're easy to cheat, over work and so on. Dirty businesses CAN'T do that to US citizens because many of us WILL fight back and win.
You don't believe what? As our current system stands, there are many able-bodied Americans who refuse to work. If you want to eliminate the social entitlement programs that they abuse, you won't get an argument from me, but that's a different thread.
Well of course, big business (agribusiness in particular) loves immigration, especially illegal. But only if it comes from the third world. Western Europeans don't help them very much.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:01 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,896,081 times
Default We stilgo roundand round.

I am not going to rehash the points that Old Gory has made. The points are very mush the points of American Citizens. The Problem is Open boarder crowd does not care about the impact they leave thru lowering wages in construction/ hospitality Industry and other services. Illegals thru false documents cheat Americans of Services this country enjoys.

Even hell bent Democrat Unions see the impact because they in turn weaken the unions.

My Question to those who are here Illegally, what gives you the right to come here with out permissions of the legal worker programs? No is going to answer that one!
deportation is the only way we are going to clean up this mess that the Feds created because of lack of enforcement.

E-Verify works well and works very good in Arizona, my home state. Arizona is one of few states who go after employers. Arizonians have been known to turn in their management , because the Illegal work force undermines Americans.

Unfortunately , the anchor baby issue is sad that Illegals try to have babies in the United States for some hope of status. Again what gives them the right to even do that? So the short answer is to deport whole families until the message is received , this will not be tolerated in US Territory.

We are at a point where direct firm action is required.

Last edited by GHOSTRIDER AZ; 04-06-2014 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: english speak!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration