Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 11:11 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,890,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannis View Post
But it is the "folks" who are the problem, not whether they're legal or not. You seem to think that if these same people come here legally, or in smaller numbers, that they will assimilate. That hasn't happened. There's no reason to think it is going to happen.
Yes those who do attempt to become American will fail and end up on welfare!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 11:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
You know, there is this thing...it's called...a joke. Geez, get a sense of humor.

Ok, cut off everything. You are right...I want to cut off benefits for everyone..no more medicaid, no more medicare, no more payments to old people that no longer work either, let their families take care of them. If we are going to do this, let's do it ALL the way. Go big or go home.

Your culture? What culture? The united states is a mixture of cultures of people from italy, ireland, spain, germany, you name it. America's so called "culture" is just a mixture of all the European cultures together.

Haha, you said "Old gory" lol

I am also tired of hearing about "lower wages" on this board...I wish!! I live in an area that has a lot of blue collar people. The last person that I talked to was a "helper". How much do they make? Try $18/hr. And that's low? No, it should be like around $10. So I really would like to see where these "lower wages" are at because my friends are definitely not getting it. They have their own houses, toys, you name it.
Culture?? Why if there are so many hispanic nations, none of the illegals even Spanish speaking illegals ever head to one of those nations? Why is it our culture that is attracting so many millions stampeding out of their own nations? Nations with their own culture?

Old 04-09-2014, 07:16 PM

141 posts, read 307,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
We already have the law on the books. Pennsylvania has one of the largest immigration detention centers in the country.
Shouldn't that be in California???

Old 04-10-2014, 05:35 PM

832 posts, read 1,418,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This is absurd. The government shouldn't deport parents of American citizens.

Immigrant America: The High Cost of Deporting Parents - YouTube
What's absurd that that the guy knew he was ordered removed, intentionally ignored the removal order, stayed in the US without a legal status, knowingly married and had too many children, and then now posts this sob story as if we're all to feel bad for him because he has children.

There are two wholly separate issues.

1. His illegal status
2. His family

Had he told his wife years ago about his illegal status and started the process before he got busted, he wouldn't have had this issue. How many years did he have to tell her and try and fix the problem? I'll guess about 8 or 10 based on the age and number of kids. So then what does he do about it? Nothing. Not a darn thing until he's picked up for being in the US illegally.

Now all the sudden we should feel bad because he was removed and had to stay outside the US for three years because he chose to live on the lam for the last 20? I think not... I don't feel bad at all.

And instead of staying with her husband and family, the woman knowingly chose to stay in the US and live on welfare. If you think that he should not have been removed because it left her in limbo, resulting in her soaking the welfare system, think again.

And what if she knew? Well then it's her own dang fault for the mess and I feel absolutely no pity in denying her 4 kids any type of public assistance, citizenship be darned.

They breed 'em, they should feed 'em.

Because guess what?

If they HAD taken action before he was physically removed from the country, his options may have included staying in the US while his waiver was approved resulting in only a month or two outside the US. Heck, depending on how he came to the US, there may not have even been a requirement that he depart the country.

The bottom line is that this man brought the entire situation upon himself and I do not feel bad at all.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:40 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,902,805 times
The answer of course is not to make illegal children born in US citizens automatically. then the children stay with their parents in their legal status in their own country. But then it the illegal parents that create their childrens problem in the first place.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:42 PM

1,136 posts, read 942,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This is absurd. The government shouldn't deport parents of American citizens.
Don't you mean: "This is absurd. Parents shouldn't have kids if they know they could be deported"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration