Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,916,452 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON (AP) — Latinos and immigration activists are warning of political peril for President Barack Obama and Democrats in the fall election unless the president acts boldly and soon to curb deportations and allow more immigrants to remain legally in the U.S.

Immigration activists urge Obama to act boldly

Like the fans of illegal aliens are gonna vote for Repubs? LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 08:25 PM

63,001 posts, read 29,187,836 times
It's a sad time in our country when citizens blackmail our politicians so that they will dishonor our immigration laws just for them. I remember when Louis Guterriez did this very same thing prior to Obama's second term.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:46 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,308,249 times
He should act boldly by deporting them all.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:53 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,645,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
He should act boldly by deporting them all.
Imagine expecting him to actually do his job. I am planning to make deporting all here illegally as my number one issue for this year on all levels. The invasion of our country by hostile illegals is the biggest danger to our way of life.

Each politician on all levels will be asked how they stand on the issue and those that are not firmly for deportation of all here illegally will be eliminated from my voting list even if every person running for that office is off my list. I know how to write in a choice.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Illegals should not be voting in our elections, nor should they be trying to blackmail the president. Illegals today have the worst entitlement attitude.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:34 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,850,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Imagine expecting him to actually do his job. I am planning to make deporting all here illegally as my number one issue for this year on all levels. The invasion of our country by hostile illegals is the biggest danger to our way of life...
Early on in 2013, you called for deporting everyone that wasn't a U.S. citizen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN
The [deportation] goal should be each and every person here that is not an American citizen.

What's holding it down to just the illegal aliens this year for you? You've also said there should be a five-year ban on naturalization (over 65% of the 13.5 million Legal Permanent Residents currently qualify to apply for U.S. citizenship):

Quote:
I support a five year ban on anyone becoming a citizen and a house to house search to deport all illegals. I don't care what the polls say. Real Americans need a break from this invasion. I consider it an act of war.
Quote:
Each politician on all levels will be asked how they stand on the issue and those that are not firmly for deportation of all here illegally will be eliminated from my voting list even if every person running for that office is off my list. I know how to write in a choice.
In North Carolina for 2014, you have one Senate election, and one House of Representative election for your Congressional District. The Governor election isn't until 2016, so other than the two races, it's whatever local positions (and whatever their input is on illegal immigration at a national level). Write-in candidates generally have no way of winning.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:45 PM

22,481 posts, read 12,018,893 times
^I'm guessing that you have a lot of time on your hands, IBM.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:21 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,234,166 times
Mean while the majority of citizens simply want our president to enforce our laws, not play used car salesman for criminals.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:40 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Illegals should not be voting in our elections, nor should they be trying to blackmail the president. Illegals today have the worst entitlement attitude.
It's not the illegals themselves that are blackmailing our president and other politicians. It is their supporters who can vote that are doing that. I used Guttierez as an example prior to Obama's second term. He and the so-called immigrant rights groups were very vocal about withholding their votes for him because he didn't deliver the promised amnesty during his first term.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:56 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,890,590 times
Default Send a message!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's a sad time in our country when citizens blackmail our politicians so that they will dishonor our immigration laws just for them. I remember when Louis Guterriez did this very same thing prior to Obama's second term.
There is a problem with that. Obama is finding out the hard way, that you can not please all the people all the time. The other problem Obama is having since his Constitutional issues are out there and him writing on executive order after anther.
Obama and the DNC is going to have problems with the Conservatives (which has now) and the Independents /moderates alike. His administration has done a very good job burning bridges. Even those who voted Dem. will seriously consider changing their vote to R next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration