Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 01:11 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,850,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
She should have to immigrate like any one else in her country would. Someone in her country that hasn't broken our laws should actually be given preference. She should be sent home, she can get in line behind all those ahead of her. She can learn a good job skill while she's waiting -- one that might get her a chance at a work visa.
Why, if they have no other qualifications to immigrate? "Nova" has only recently started accruing illegal presence (it starts at 18 years, 181 days, and she is 19 years old). She qualifies for DACA, and can submit a petition for work authorization (I-765) on top of that.

It's all the same difference if she is returning here (the only country she has known for 14 years), right? Rather than some long shot at employer-sponsored immigration, she pays the fees herself. It's not like she is gaining any legal status or citizenship as a DACA applicant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 01:27 PM

62,997 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Again always the same with you, bringing ethnicity into the discussion! Yac is right, for ilelgal immigration, ethnicity never escapes most of you. Besides, she is a white European, there is no cultural or demographic change if her "kind" gets amnesty so you can sleep safe and sound at night
And what's wrong with that? Are we asked to press 2 for German on the phone? Are employment ads asking for bi-lingual Italian workers? How many advocacy groups are there for Asian illegals? Who was marching in our streets demanding amnesty and telling non-Hispanic white Americans to go back to Europe because they are illegal in their own country (which is quite the hypocricy anyway since their white ancestors were also from Europe aka Spain). Why does the truth bother you so much that 80% of illegals are Latinos and therefore get the most focus while you completely ignore that we still want all illegals deported. Since we have 80% here illegally from the same cultural and lingual group you can't say with a straight face that it isn't making changes to our country's identity. Colonization is occurring not assimilation. Yac seems fair to me so why would he view posting facts in a negative way?

Last edited by Oldglory; 04-19-2014 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-19-2014, 01:34 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Why, if they have no other qualifications to immigrate? "Nova" has only recently started accruing illegal presence (it starts at 18 years, 181 days, and she is 19 years old). She qualifies for DACA, and can submit a petition for work authorization (I-765) on top of that.

It's all the same difference if she is returning here (the only country she has known for 14 years), right? Rather than some long shot at employer-sponsored immigration, she pays the fees herself. It's not like she is gaining any legal status or citizenship as a DACA applicant.
If she qualifies for DACA then what exactly was her purpose in waililng and boohooing at the Hillary event?

Old 04-19-2014, 01:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:

I would be for a point system for legal immigration.

Illegal presence in the USA should be negative points -- but fluent English should be positive points and there should be other negative and positive points -- if someone in her country knew English very well and had never broken a law here including immigration status, that person should have an advantage over this one, but if that totally legal person knew no English then maybe they would be matched in points or Nova would have the edge.

Points should be given for a variety of other factors - other job skills.

Old 04-19-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:

If she is qualified for DACA (a program I disapprove of by the way) then why is she whining and crying to Hillary about her predicament? Oops, I see that Malamute already asked that question.

Old 04-19-2014, 01:40 PM

22,481 posts, read 12,018,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If she qualifies for DACA then what exactly was her purpose in waililng and boohooing at the Hillary event?
If I had to guess, I would guess that DACA isn't good enough for her. She thinks that this country owes her a green card.

So what if she has been here for 14 years? We, as a nation, owe her nothing.

She needs to stop her whining and apply for DACA, even though (hopefully) DACA will eventually get repealed.

Old 04-19-2014, 01:41 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,472,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Again always the same with you, bringing ethnicity into the discussion! Yac is right, for ilelgal immigration, ethnicity never escapes most of you. Besides, she is a white European, there is no cultural or demographic change if her "kind" gets amnesty so you can sleep safe and sound at night
To me, the race or ethnicity of an illegal alien doesn't matter one iota. She should be sent home.

I do think some people who oppose illegal immigration are racists. With that being said, there are tons of people who are simply against the problems illegal immigration causes.

Old 04-19-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
To me, the race or ethnicity of an illegal alien doesn't matter one iota. She should be sent home.

I do think some people who oppose illegal immigration are racists. With that being said, there are tons of people who are simply against the problems illegal immigration causes.
It goes both ways. There are racists on the cheer leader's side of illegal immigration also.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:55 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,850,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
If I had to guess, I would guess that DACA isn't good enough for her. She thinks that this country owes her a green card...
As far as work authorization, filing an I-765 while under DACA provides the same thing. No path to citizenship, and quite a bit more petition filing and fees however. If that is the "pound of flesh" people want for her having less than a year and a half of "illegal presence", so be it, she does seem driven to improve herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
...So what if she has been here for 14 years? We, as a nation, owe her nothing.

She needs to stop her whining and apply for DACA, even though (hopefully) DACA will eventually get repealed.
Applying for DACA (if she hasn't done so already, she does qualify) is much better advice than to somehow filing for U.S. citizenship or employment from outside the United States...

Old 04-19-2014, 03:46 PM

22,481 posts, read 12,018,893 times
As far as work authorization, filing an I-765 while under DACA provides the same thing. No path to citizenship, and quite a bit more petition filing and fees however. If that is the "pound of flesh" people want for her having less than a year and a half of "illegal presence", so be it, she does seem driven to improve herself.

---------------------------------

And you want what exactly? Do you want us to automatically give her a green card?

If she is so driven to improve herself, she can do so in her own country. After all, plenty of people in her country have improved themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration