Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 12:34 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,481,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
"And I want to say that it's extremely difficult for me to empower myself in America," she said, tears streaming down her face. "It's been very hard because I don't have the documentation I need to get a job…to vote…to buy an apartment. To take out a loan to go to college…so I couldn't even go to my dream college because of that."

She can empower herself in her own country. There are far too many Americans who are being denied jobs, education, health care, and opportunity because of these leeches coming illegally expecting to be rewarded for breaking the laws.

Massive illegal immigration is hurting those who would come legally. Illegals want to grab up all the good jobs, and that makes for fewer employer visas.

Exactly and well said. Why can't so many common sense people understand, that these lawbreakers, are actually undermining those who come here legally.

It is just not right and just. I would never in a million years, go to another Country, live there as an illegal, yet make demands of that Country. And just what Country would accept Americans doing this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 12:52 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,857,956 times
Quote:
...Massive illegal immigration is hurting those who would come legally. Illegals want to grab up all the good jobs, and that makes for fewer employer visas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Exactly and well said. Why can't so many common sense people understand, that these lawbreakers, are actually undermining those who come here legally....
Who exactly are we talking about that "would come legally"? Did you see the picture of "Nova" in the article? She came here when she was 5 (growing up in the U.S., she wouldn't have an accent), that's deep cover.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:24 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,901,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
"My name is Nova. I'm 19-years-old…and I have a very different glass ceiling than some of the girls are exhibiting here," she said.
Nova paused, took a deep breath, and then revealed her secret.
"For the first time publicly. I want to say that I am an undocumented immigrant."

Teenager Tearfully Confesses Undocumented Status To Hillary Clinton | ABC News - Yahoo

Nora; just go HOME, please. We DON'T your illegal alien kind here in the US.
Bo Hoo, I am all choked up with Feelings.

Go Home!

Old 04-19-2014, 06:31 AM

63,156 posts, read 29,323,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Because they don't know. I do know, and I'm still anti-illegal. In fact, going through the process of sponsoring my ex's green card is what changed my mind about the issue. I used to be more sympathetic.
You make sense. You have been through the process and know it's not easy. However, it didn't make you sympathetic to those who just bypass the system to come here. Just because the process was easier long ago does not justify coming here illegally today nor does any past history of the U.S. justify it. The only thing that matters is what our immigration laws/policies are "today". We have annual quotas for immigration and for good reasons. If your chances are slim to none of being a part of those quotas or you just don't want to follow the process because it takes too long that still doesn't justify coming here illegally anyway.

As for "Nova" even though she herself didn't break our immigration laws as a 5 year old brought here by her parents as was pointed once she turned 18 she was then responsible for her own status. Instead, many if not most of these now adult kids are just waiting it out with the constant promise of amnesty for themselves and their parents. We already did that once before and now we have quadruple or more illegal aliens here today. When does it end? Also, what country in the world would embrace an unnatural and unlawful demographic and cultural transformation due to massive illegal immigration? Most illegal aliens are a fiscal burden and if allowed to stay they would continue to be as low wage earners. Besides, we need the jobs they are holding. Amnesty cloaked as reform is a big negative for the American people.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,830,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Who exactly are we talking about that "would come legally"? Did you see the picture of "Nova" in the article? She came here when she was 5 (growing up in the U.S., she wouldn't have an accent), that's deep cover.
That's like saying that because I have gone to Mexico legally on their 6 month tourist card that I could break the terms of it and could have stayed there and demanded citizenship and any job I wanted there.

Let this woman return home --- she should have already done that, she can learn skills that would allow her to compete for legal work visas. Just because she's here breaking the laws she shouldn't feel entitled to any reward.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:27 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,996,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You make sense. You have been through the process and know it's not easy. However, it didn't make you sympathetic to those who just bypass the system to come here. Just because the process was easier long ago does not justify coming here illegally today nor does any past history of the U.S. justify it. The only thing that matters is what our immigration laws/policies are "today". We have annual quotas for immigration and for good reasons. If your chances are slim to none of being a part of those quotas or you just don't want to follow the process because it takes too long that still doesn't justify coming here illegally anyway.

As for "Nova" even though she herself didn't break our immigration laws as a 5 year old brought here by her parents as was pointed once she turned 18 she was then responsible for her own status. Instead, many if not most of these now adult kids are just waiting it out with the constant promise of amnesty for themselves and their parents. We already did that once before and now we have quadruple or more illegal aliens here today. When does it end? Also, what country in the world would embrace an unnatural and unlawful demographic and cultural transformation due to massive illegal immigration? Most illegal aliens are a fiscal burden and if allowed to stay they would continue to be as low wage earners. Besides, we need the jobs they are holding. Amnesty cloaked as reform is a big negative for the American people.
Again always the same with you, bringing ethnicity into the discussion! Yac is right, for ilelgal immigration, ethnicity never escapes most of you. Besides, she is a white European, there is no cultural or demographic change if her "kind" gets amnesty so you can sleep safe and sound at night

Old 04-19-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Again always the same with you, bringing ethnicity into the discussion! Yac is right, for ilelgal immigration, ethnicity never escapes most of you. Besides, she is a white European, there is no cultural or demographic change if her "kind" gets amnesty so you can sleep safe and sound at night
Ethnicity does not matter -- if she's here illegally, she's here illegally and should be sent home.

If she's really as wonderful as she's claiming, it should be a cinch for her to get some needed skill and apply to come legally on a work visa. Just like others are doing --- she shouldn't view herself as better than those who are doing things the legal way -- she needs to get in the line -- start at the back behind those who have started the legal process before her.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:05 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,481,948 times
Quote:
Ethnicity does not matter -- if she's here illegally, she's here illegally and should be sent home.

If she's really as wonderful as she's claiming, it should be a cinch for her to get some needed skill and apply to come legally on a work visa. Just like others are doing --- she shouldn't view herself as better than those who are doing things the legal way -- she needs to get in the line -- start at the back behind those who have started the legal process before her.

I agree with you again. Who cares about the Ethnicity of the person. When illegal means exactly that!

If they are such great people, then by gosh do things by the law. Oh wait, our laws permit them to do this. Our government unlike no other, is stupid where illegal immigration is a concern.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:19 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,857,956 times
Quote:
That's like saying that because I have gone to Mexico legally on their 6 month tourist card that I could break the terms of it and could have stayed there and demanded citizenship and any job I wanted there.

Let this woman return home --- she should have already done that, she can learn skills that would allow her to compete for legal work visas. Just because she's here breaking the laws she shouldn't feel entitled to any reward.
Note that you are responding to my post where I asked a single specific question (identifying which potential legal immigrants that are being blocked by illegal immigrants being here) - And you dodged the question. For your proffered example, how would you violate the "terms" of an FMM while visiting Mexico? By not paying the $25 bank fee?

Quote:

First on this topic was a claim that "Nova" should return to her home country to apply for U.S. citizenship properly. Now the advice that she can submit some application to have a job here. Both misunderstanding the structure that is set up for someone to immigrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
...The only thing that matters is what our immigration laws/policies are "today"...
Then we have a grand failure, because members are making statements that show they don't have a clue about current immigration laws/policies (but still want to inject their own "rules")...

Old 04-19-2014, 12:34 PM

She should have to immigrate like any one else in her country would. Someone in her country that hasn't broken our laws should actually be given preference. She should be sent home, she can get in line behind all those ahead of her. She can learn a good job skill while she's waiting -- one that might get her a chance at a work visa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration