Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 01:55 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,570,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Sounds to me as if you were asleep when John A-s-h-c-r-o-f-t and "W" Bush
launched their attack on America and subverted so many laws. That wasn't about
"politics for the good of his party"? Really?
As long as it seems that way to you it must be an absolute fact, right? Without regard to my continual critic of these people, right here on this board. Keep making up lies to make yourself feel better, it is your typical method of operation.

Quote:
If the AG has perjured himself he is subject to being dealt with by the criminal
justice system. That's the American way. Anything else is un-American. I'm
not easily fooled into believing in conspiracy theories.
Sure, especially since Holder decides what is subject to the legal system. I'm positive that he will go after himself just to make you happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 02:16 PM

424 posts, read 468,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Did you feel similarly about John A-s-h-c-r-o-f-t, Ed Meese and other AGs in times past?
Yup, I personally see illegal immigration as more of a Republican problem -- at least they caused it. And it angers me to no end, as a liberal democrat against illegal immigration.

Quote:
Sounds to me as if you were asleep when John A-s-h-c-r-o-f-t and "W" Bush launched their attack on America and subverted so many laws. That wasn't about "politics for the good of his party"? Really?

If the AG has perjured himself he is subject to being dealt with by the criminal justice system. That's the American way. Anything else is un-American. I'm not easily fooled into believing in conspiracy theories.
We are in agreement here. But this doesn't change the fact that we have a huge problem which must be dealt with now. Instead of cleaning up the mess, Dems are trying to use the opportunity to legalize new voters. Very disappointing on our end too.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,933,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
Yup, I personally see illegal immigration as more of a Republican problem -- at least they caused it. And it angers me to no end, as a liberal democrat against illegal immigration.

We are in agreement here. But this doesn't change the fact that we have a huge problem which must be dealt with now. Instead of cleaning up the mess, Dems are trying to use the opportunity to legalize new voters. Very disappointing on our end too.
Tho Obama has been POTUS for more than 5 years now so the illegal alien mess is on HIS head even tho I didn't like Bush 43 either.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:53 PM

424 posts, read 468,927 times
Yup, very disappointing on our end too, as I said, like 500 times!

Old 05-12-2014, 09:21 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,524,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Enlighten me of where to get vaccinated on mars? Seems like you've been there.

Tuberculosis is a very dangerous communicable disease that is easily spread if someone is an active carrier. One of the scariest things about tuberculosis, is that there are now many strains of the disease that are resistant to the current medical treatments.

The health of the American people must be protected, because if we do not protect the health of our citizens, the long-term effects could be dangerous.

Here is a list of things people applying for visa/residency status in this country may be tested for during their physical exam as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Tuberculosis
Syphilis (for applicants 15 years or older)
HIV (blood test)
Gonorrhea
Narcotic drug addiction
Physical or mental disorders with associated harmful behavior
Chancroid
Lymphogranuloma venerum
Granuloma inguinal
Under the immigration laws of the United States, a foreign national who applies for an immigrant visa abroad, or who seeks to adjust status to a permanent resident while in the U.S., is required to receive vaccinations to prevent the following diseases:
Mumps Measles-Rubella
Polio
Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
Pertussis
Haemophilus influenzae type B
Hepatitis B
Any other vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices
Saying I'm from Mars was kind of mean, no? Kids entering the public schools do have to prove vaccination just as my kid did. As for TB, that is a huge problem and I'm not sure what the answer is since WE (people living legally in the US) do not receive this vaccine. The irony is that this vaccine is given regularly in Central and South American countries. My fiancé (from South America) had this vaccine and will always test positive for TB because of it. That has been an issue in itself for some people I know (not him). When there is a TB outbreak, many more students test positive for it because they had the vaccine. Then the media starts up.

Something I've wondered about, and I'll ask you since you seem knowledgeable about the subject, is there a reason why we don't typically vaccinate against TB in this country? It's not as if it's all that rare and we don't live in a bubble. Something I've been mulling over. Thanks.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:39 AM

741 posts, read 765,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
Instead of cleaning up the mess, Dems are trying to use the opportunity to legalize new voters.
So, you think the Democrats are trying to legalize new voters? You have to be a citizen to vote and under the proposals most seriously considered, with support from some GOP also, it will take 13-15 years before an illegal immigrant who is "legalized" to get the right to vote. Doesn't sound like a very good strategy if the intent was to get illegals to vote.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:48 PM

63,068 posts, read 29,269,982 times
Quote:
So, you think the Democrats are trying to legalize new voters? You have to be a citizen to vote and under the proposals most seriously considered, with support from some GOP also, it will take 13-15 years before an illegal immigrant who is "legalized" to get the right to vote. Doesn't sound like a very good strategy if the intent was to get illegals to vote.
Actually, it is because although citizenship would take many years the Dems would be guaranteed in the future to remain in power for a very long time. Remember that a president can serve for 8 years so it would only take two administrations to achieve their goal.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:20 PM

741 posts, read 765,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually, it is because although citizenship would take many years the Dems would be guaranteed in the future to remain in power for a very long time. Remember that a president can serve for 8 years so it would only take two administrations to achieve their goal.
Oh, please. That's all you can say? You're really reaching on that one! LOL!

Old 05-13-2014, 03:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,252,098 times
Quote:
More like appealing to the facilitators who are here legally and are able to vote.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:54 PM

63,068 posts, read 29,269,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
More like appealing to the facilitators who are here legally and are able to vote.
Exactly! The Dems are pandering for the Hispanic-American vote right now. Legalizing illegals and putting them on a path to citizenship will guarantee them more voters for the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration