Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 06:12 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,274,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I feel badly for everyone involved---the local governments down your way, the kids, our government that got this problem dumped on our doorsteps, we tax payers who will foot the bills and the desperate parents of these kids who felt this was the best way to give their kids a future.
But did our Fed cause it? Did the Obama admin cause it by announcing a cut back in deportations? By pushing an immigration reform bill that rewards illegals? Did Obama and company give a false hope? Our government all but invited them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
And then it seems many are being abused by border patrol agents.
Migrant Children Accuse Border Patrol Agents of Physical and Sexual Assault | The Nation
Is there proof that our BP did what they are accused of or is this just people trying to force us to grant green cards? I refuse to believe any such allegations without absolute proof.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:38 AM

20,523 posts, read 15,956,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Is there proof that our BP did what they are accused of or is this just people trying to force us to grant green cards? I refuse to believe any such allegations without absolute proof.
Agreed since illegal aliens ARE liars and sneaks. Tho ANY BP agent acting bad does need to be nailed to the wall.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed since illegal aliens ARE liars and sneaks. Tho ANY BP agent acting bad does need to be nailed to the wall.
Agreed. The word of a criminal is as worthless as counterfeit money. Without proof, I will call BS on the story. If there is proof the guards need to be hammered for it.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:08 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,442,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Send me a "friend request" and I will accept you. I had to stop the nasty and threatening PM's from coming my way. Thanks.
That is awful......I hope you reported it to the mods.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:23 AM

63,325 posts, read 29,403,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
That is awful......I hope you reported it to the mods.
I did. Yac took care of it.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:23 AM

746 posts, read 1,246,393 times
They way I see it they will just give the kids some Federal id's, grant them American citizenship. Soon they will be 18 and they will be taught how to vote (D). So no doubt they will let them all in, give them all free education, feed them, cloth them and house them and if their family needs money then we support them because its the right thing to do. Anyone who goes against them will be deemed evil.

So, don't fight it just cover the cost, the government officials would need to pay for their own security, go on Affordable Healthcare and stop these free pensions and can be set up with a 401k or an IRA, pay into social security like the rest of us because its the right thing to do.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:38 AM

20,523 posts, read 15,956,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
They way I see it they will just give the kids some Federal id's, grant them American citizenship. Soon they will be 18 and they will be taught how to vote (D). So no doubt they will let them all in, give them all free education, feed them, cloth them and house them and if their family needs money then we support them because its the right thing to do. Anyone who goes against them will be deemed evil.

So, don't fight it just cover the cost, the government officials would need to pay for their own security, go on Affordable Healthcare and stop these free pensions and can be set up with a 401k or an IRA, pay into social security like the rest of us because its the right thing to do.
I'm guessing you're being sarcastic about people being against illegal aliens is "evil".

Old 06-13-2014, 08:23 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,343,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
But did our Fed cause it? Did the Obama admin cause it by announcing a cut back in deportations? By pushing an immigration reform bill that rewards illegals? Did Obama and company give a false hope? Our government all but invited them.
From what I'm reading the coyotes and the crime rings in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras are causing the influx by spreading false rumors about our immigration laws. Why? Because they make tons of cash off the parents of these kids coming over in mass. It's a issue where the international community (in the America's especially) has to get involved to put pressure on these countries to deal with the growing crime rings. The problem can't be solved at our boarder. It has to be stopped before it starts...down in Central America.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
From what I'm reading the coyotes and the crime rings in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras are causing the influx by spreading false rumors about our immigration laws. Why? Because they make tons of cash off the parents of these kids coming over in mass. It's a issue where the international community (in the America's especially) has to get involved to put pressure on these countries to deal with the growing crime rings. The problem can't be solved at our boarder. It has to be stopped before it starts...down in Central America.
Where would these alleged crimes rings get the idea to do this? Why right now, why the timing? I think it as likely that the criminals in office spread a little disinformation to create an event and distraction from other issues that they are being called on. Nothing would surprise me about the Obama admin. I don't think there is a low they won't stoop to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration