Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 11:24 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,922,136 times

Advertisements

They adore the money and the big government handouts of the USA but they don't want to learn English or to become Americans. They view themselves as Mexicans -- but rich ones with fistfulls of dollars. They want the culture and language of Mexico but with American money and food stamps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 06:09 AM

410 posts, read 1,111,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
people all people love the freedom of america. the rights of an american are fantastic
the trick is to get them to buy into the responsibilities of being an american.
This also goes for Americans who have been here for generations.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:15 AM

410 posts, read 1,111,277 times
Why would anyone want to go back to a place with no job prospects, no future for your kids, no food, no decent homes, a place that is dangerous and greatly corrupted with no protection of it's citizens?

It's a human thing. When living becomes unbearable for whatever reason in one place, people emigrate. They've done it since the beginning of time and no river or fence or law has really ever done much to stop it.

I know lots of Mexicans, both legal and illegal, and I don't know of any one of them who wants to go back.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerguy View Post
Why would anyone want to go back to a place with no job prospects, no future for your kids, no food, no decent homes, a place that is dangerous and greatly corrupted with no protection of it's citizens?

It's a human thing. When living becomes unbearable for whatever reason in one place, people emigrate. They've done it since the beginning of time and no river or fence or law has really ever done much to stop it.

I know lots of Mexicans, both legal and illegal, and I don't know of any one of them who wants to go back.
The other way especially in a democracy like Mexico has is to stay and work to improve your country. As long as it's so very easy to just pack up and get to the land of the food stamps and Medicaid, why bother to vote smarter, why bother to improve your country, work for reforms?

In reality, there are Mexicans who love their country. Those who finish their educations, who don't start having babies they can never afford at age 14 or 15 but wait until they're finished with school and have a job actually have a pretty good life in their own country - but it takes some personal responsibility.

Mexico's middle class is growing, the USA's is shrinking. What's growing here is the welfare class, those content to live on food stamps, government handouts. Anyone who has actually visited Mexico knows it's a beautiful country and has significant prosperity -- but it doesn't have the food stamps and Medicaid and free housing.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:10 AM

63,476 posts, read 29,494,598 times
Quote:

Illegal immigration is unacceptable especially to the receiving nation and rightly so. Most illegals are not suffering in the way you describe. Besides, what gives them the right to come here and make our own citizens suffer just for their own selfish gain? It's not a human thing to break the law for most people.

We could stop it if we removed all the incentives for them to come here. Don't care if illegal aliens don't want to go back. Deportation is what our laws state.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:15 AM

All someone has to do is travel to Mexico, visit any of the cities like Mexico City, Guadalajara, Puebla, Guanajuato, etc and they would see that Mexico is not the hell hole the illegals like to claim it is.

In Mexico, the responsible types are doing well enough, at least middle class where you might not have everything you want but you have what you need and a bit more.

That's not the ones coming here illegally obviously.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:28 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,883,561 times
Quote:

Many of them want to turn the USA into Mexico with the added welfare perks.

It's why many Mexicans here are too lazy and/or stupid to learn English after living here for decades.

And why they demand bilingual coddling, interpreters and a host of other nonsense.

BTW only fit young people can clear a high border fence topped with razor wire, which means that the obese, old, out of shape, young kids and handicapped ones would be kept out., which is a great start while other measures can be implemented.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:59 AM

63,476 posts, read 29,494,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Many of them want to turn the USA into Mexico with the added welfare perks.

It's why many Mexicans here are too lazy and/or stupid to learn English after living here for decades.

And why they demand bilingual coddling, interpreters and a host of other nonsense.

BTW only fit young people can clear a high border fence topped with razor wire, which means that the obese, old, out of shape, young kids and handicapped ones would be kept out., which is a great start while other measures can be implemented.
I don't think they want to turn the USA into Mexico per se as their government is ruled by the Spanish elite who apparently don't care about their poor citizens. But I do believe that they would prefer the USA to become culturally Mexican/Hispanic in identity.

I'm sure there are many Mexicans and other Latinos here illegally that don't know how to speak English but most who are citizens or legal immigrants do. English is just not their language of preference for the most part and I have serious doubts that it will ever be. The coddling in Spanish is for those here illegally and those whom just prefer everything in Spanish. I don't recall any other group getting that kind of pandering long term in their native languages. It doesn't help with their assimilation at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration