Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a Border Fence?
Yes 76 79.17%
No 18 18.75%
Other Explain 2 2.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 04:10 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
\
Why not just mine the whole strip between the huge walls and have guard towers every couple of hundred feet manned by guys with big guns, penalty for crossing the border? death,
Then another wall of death could be built to keep out those dastardly Canadians who represent a large demographic of illegals.
How you would deal with those crossing the borders by car,bus,plane,train,boat i have no idea.
They are very likely legal......how long they stay can make a difference.

Just be at the border in Detroit in the morning and evening......there is a stream of cars with people legally coming to work.....then going home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 04:22 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
I'm not seeing all these supposed unemployed Americans rushing to the farms to pick produce all day or being happy with jobs that are akin to house slaves. Much as people dont like illegals they fill a gap that Americans are unwilling to fill,also the Mexicans i've known are hard working people and are an asset to America rather than a liability.. As for everify? its rather easy to get good quality id that an employer could never verify as being fake. Ads like these are rather common across the USA, i've deleted the contact info..
https://www.numbersusa.org/pages/jobs-americans-wont-do
Only 4% of illegals work in agriculture. Hmmmmm Unlimited VISA's are available to farmers seeking to hire legal immigrants for these jobs.
What of the construction industry? How many citizens lost their career to Low balling illegals?
It not a case of won't do these jobs. It is a case of wanting a fair wage to do these jobs. Do you really think that the greedy employers pass on the savings to you or I?
Hard working illegals who don't pay taxes and violate a number of laws. We produce enough criminals on our own. We have no need to import more.
The myth of Jobs Americans won't do has been busted a number of times.
E-Verify. My company did it. 2 or 3 years ago. You needed multiple documents and they had to match up. Birth certificate and Social security card. Passport and SS card or Birth certificate. Yes forgeries can be done. What percentage of the illegals will be able to get it done?

Old 06-16-2014, 07:10 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
I'm not seeing all these supposed unemployed Americans rushing to the farms to pick produce all day or being happy with jobs that are akin to house slaves. Much as people dont like illegals they fill a gap that Americans are unwilling to fill,also the Mexicans i've known are hard working people and are an asset to America rather than a liability.. As for everify? its rather easy to get good quality id that an employer could never verify as being fake. Ads like these are rather common across the USA, i've deleted the contact info..
Uh, manye 1 illegal alien out of 20 is doing farm work. Why should the other 19 even be allowed here at all??

Old 06-16-2014, 08:48 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Funny it never occurs to so called fiscally responsible conservatives to end the expensive welfare programs and drug war that lure so many accross. Rather they'd show faulty economic thinking by proposing to grow the police state by placing troops on the border and building an expensive boondoggle of a fence complete with checkpoint charlies ala E.Berlin.
Tell me the difference between the two parties again?
whoop whoop ! Exactly. Punish the corporations, as well. Make it punishable to hire illegal immigrants/aliens.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh, manye 1 illegal alien out of 20 is doing farm work. Why should the other 19 even be allowed here at all??
When you have a have not country next to America i'd say people crossing into the USA to find a better life is an inevitability.
Build all the walls you want its not going to change the illegal immigration stats.

Last edited by jambo101; 06-17-2014 at 01:26 AM..

Old 06-17-2014, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
They are very likely legal......how long they stay can make a difference.

Just be at the border in Detroit in the morning and evening......there is a stream of cars with people legally coming to work.....then going home.
Sure they are legal until they dont return. If i wanted to come to America illegally i certainly wouldnt waste my time sneaking across a desert then dealing with a wall i.d just come through a regular border crossing,once in the USA i'd get the documentation i need and live happily ever after in America.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:11 AM

A little humor pow_html

Old 06-17-2014, 05:49 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
whoop whoop ! Exactly. Punish the corporations, as well. Make it punishable to hire illegal immigrants/aliens.
Agreed, however it has to be proven that they "knowingly" hired illegal aliens. The big shots in corporations don't do the hiring. They have personnel department employees that do. Most large corporations aren't guilty of it anyway. It is usually smaller companies that do and even mom and pop businesses. If e-verify is implemented across the board none of them would be able to get away with it.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:02 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
When you have a have not country next to America i'd say people crossing into the USA to find a better life is an inevitability.
Build all the walls you want its not going to change the illegal immigration stats.
Uh; that's NOT our problem. Maybe Mexico needs to totally fail before it wakes up and starts taking care of business. We don't owe that place a thing.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:03 AM

I guess to be on the safe side just dont hire any one that looks foreign or has some form of accent..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration