Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 03:14 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

That man with the white beard has been doing this type of protesting for years in Los Angeles. His name is Ted Hayes.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:10 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
I would say that blacks have good reason to protest. Much of the job market they once depended on has gone to illegals.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:53 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Amen. Racism is alive and well in this country; people should not kid themselves that black people do not suffer discrimination just because we have a black president. I've seen it with my own two eyes and I've heard stories from black friends that are simply outrageous. These anecdotes don't come from the Jim Crow era either. They usually start off with "Last week I was out with some girlfriends," or "Last night my husband and I..."

I was once shopping with a black girlfriend of mine at a national chain that shall remain nameless. From the moment we entered the store to the moment we left, we were followed. (I'm white.) I had never been followed around that store before. I mentioned it to her afterwards and she waved her hand and said "Oh, it happens to me all the time." She was blase' about it. I asked her "Doesn't it make you mad?" She said "Hell yes it does, but I can't NOT shop for things just because other people are racists." The next time I went to that store (alone), I asked to speak to the manager and told him about our experience there. He apologized but I'm 100% sure that if we went in there together again, the exact same thing would happen.

Black people are being pushed out of the trades and semi-skilled jobs by illegal immigrants and the effects are devastating. Some people say it's a GOOD thing, since it will compel black people to move up the economic ladder. What they don't understand is that the rungs above them are already packed to the gills with people of all races laid low by the economy and there is simply no room to move up. They face almost insurmountable odds. It's like telling someone who can't pay their bills to buy a lottery ticket. Or hire a nanny.

This is the plight of the poor. Of ALL races. (For historical reasons, blacks are much more deeply affected by it than other races.)

I'm surprised there aren't more of them out protesting illegals, frankly.
I feel your frustration on this issue. Its not so much racism, it more of Illegal Aliens trying to bump regular citizens. Its more like Social Liberals trying to create a victim. I grow tired of these same folks saying "Its Racism". If we had our boarders secured and a good economy with manufacturing jobs, a lot of this would go away.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:54 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Wehotex---I thought that it was Ted Hayes!

Did anyone notice that one of the invasion cheerleaders/reconquistas had a sign that said "Go Back to Europe"?

I would love to ask the politicians who bend over backwards to appease groups like La Raza, LULAC, Sin Fronteras, Mexica Movement, MALDEF and The Brown Berets why they are pandering to racists who want them to go back to Europe? Don't these politicians realize just how much these racists hate people of European descent? Don't they realize that by pandering to these racists, they make themselves out to be laughingstocks?

In the past, I've seen some of these invasion cheerleaders/reconquistas holding those "Go Back to Europe" signs and the person who is holding the sign clearly has quite a bit of European blood in him/her. Oh, the irony!

Old 07-10-2014, 03:26 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
The business community want cheap labor

Liberals want "diversity" and want to turn states blue, the us has birth citizenship even if your parents are illegal, so by getting as many so called brown people into the US the more future democratic voters there will be, this is what democrats are counting on, that is why democrats fight tooth and nail for any type of amnesty

Old 07-10-2014, 03:27 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
The business community want cheap labor

Liberals want "diversity" and want to turn states blue, the us has birth citizenship even if your parents are illegal, so by getting as many so called brown people into the US the more future democratic voters there will be, this is what democrats are counting on, that is why democrats fight tooth and nail for any type of amnesty
Most of these illegals are from one ethnic group. How is that diversity?

Old 07-10-2014, 05:10 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
It's spreading. Blacks are FINALLY getting it...

Houston black woman EPIC rant about unaccompanied illegals: "Why can't they go back?" - YouTube

Old 07-10-2014, 05:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Wehotex---I thought that it was Ted Hayes!

Did anyone notice that one of the invasion cheerleaders/reconquistas had a sign that said "Go Back to Europe"?

I would love to ask the politicians who bend over backwards to appease groups like La Raza, LULAC, Sin Fronteras, Mexica Movement, MALDEF and The Brown Berets why they are pandering to racists who want them to go back to Europe? Don't these politicians realize just how much these racists hate people of European descent? Don't they realize that by pandering to these racists, they make themselves out to be laughingstocks?

In the past, I've seen some of these invasion cheerleaders/reconquistas holding those "Go Back to Europe" signs and the person who is holding the sign clearly has quite a bit of European blood in him/her. Oh, the irony!
Those la raza racists really need to watch it because they def weren't strong enough to force the white people out way back in the day, so what makes them think they can do it in 2014? Too; I'm 100 percent sure that NO European country will "take us back" so it'd be a battle to the death here in the US.

IF those fools try it, it'd be a bloodbath with la raza losing and losing big, kinda like after WW2 with "Germans" being kicked out of Poland and so on despite their families being there for many 100's of years.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:34 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Packard fan --- If I could rep you again, I would! Great post!

If they did somehow manage to push us out, they will be sorry because they will have killed the goose who lays the golden egg. With no middle class left, who will support these invasion cheerleaders/reconquistas and all the kids they bring into this world that they can't take care of?

Old 07-10-2014, 07:51 PM

164 posts, read 347,349 times
I'm a Black American and let me tell you my story.

I grew up I South Central Los Angeles and Illegal immigration destroyed historically black neighborhoods and made it hard for our inner city residence who already struggles with oppression and discrimination. They took away the jobs that we could only get and then in turn, discriminate by not hiring blacks in their businesses. I remember when I was 15 years old and was looking for a summer job. There were always flyers around recruiting teens, but the flyers said "bilingual only." I felt really bad because my family was poor and because I only spoke my native language, I couldn't even find summer employment. It wasn't fair to only hire "bilingual teens" for summer jobs, that's wasn't fair.

I also lost a job working for Payless. Half of the customers were illegal and when I tried to make my sale quotas, I couldn't because of the lack of communication. After a few months, I was let go because of my "job performance" even though I excelled with English speakers. I was also harassed by my manager over the same thing while I worked at Sears and my job was in jeopardy there too.

I was also held back in kindergarten in the 1990's. Because of the mass influx of illegals and them having the right to a free public education, they took away resources and destroyed the LAUSD educational system. My parents told me that I was held back because when I first started, the teacher was only paying attention to the non-English speaking students, who comprised of a majority of the students. They even said that the school suggested that I had mental problems. My parents then put me into another school and made sure that there were a majority of English speakers there. When I repeated kindergarten, I excelled in school and even spent the rest of my k-12 education in the gifted and magnet programs. Thanks to illegal immigration coming into out neighborhoods, the quality of life became worse and I even almost lost out on a proper education thanks to illegals taking away our resources.

I was held back in kindergarten in 1990
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration