Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 12:45 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times

Advertisements

According to the US Border Patrol Union spokesman.

MCALLEN, Texas—Illegal aliens are being allowed to fly on commercial airliners without valid identification, according to the National Border Patrol Council (NBPC). “The aliens who are getting released on their own recognizance are being allowed to board and travel commercial airliners by simply showing their Notice to Appear forms,” NBPC’s Local 2455 Spokesman, Hector Garza, told Breitbart Texas.

Spokesman Garza continued, “We do not know who these people are, we often have to solely rely on who they say they are, where they say they came from, and the history they say they have. We know nothing about most of them, ICE releases them into the American public, and now they are boarding aircraft at will with a simple paper document that anyone can easily alter or reproduce themselves.”

Grandma gets strip searched, but if you are an illegal alien - they just take your word for who you are and where you came from. No I.D. necessary.

Mr Garza also says that people from Somalia, India, Africa, China (and others) are coming in with this Illegal Surge. They are free to fly about the country - they do that on "free" tickets that US Taxpayers pick up the tab on. Team Obama and the Leftists want more money for this sort of thing.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Who is the Big O going to blame if/when that disaster happens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 12:59 PM

746 posts, read 1,243,255 times
The sad thing is, if you loose your job and loose your house and your American your screwed.

Nobody is going to bail out America

Old 07-11-2014, 01:44 PM

771 posts, read 1,460,081 times
Well this this is really not a matter of whether they are legal or not, I've traveled with people who forget their IDs before, and its a hassle, but ultimately they are usually allowed to fly.

But I guess my point is nobody needs proof of legal presence to fly, an official ID is enough (including foreign passports):

We understand passengers occasionally arrive at the airport without an ID, because of losing them or inadvertently leaving them at home. If this happens to you, it does not necessarily mean you won't be allowed to fly. If you are willing to provide additional information, we have other ways to confirm your identity, like using publicly available databases, so you can get to your destination.
Source: Acceptable IDs | Transportation Security Administration

I suppose this article talks about people who don't even bring a foreign passport, but as you can see from the link above TSA can still allow them to fly.

I'm not really trying to defend anyone here, but freedom of movement is an important part of the American lifestyle. It should not be watered down, and freedom should not be sacrificed in the name of safety.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:53 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
freedom of movement is an important part of the American lifestyle. It should not be watered down, and freedom should not be sacrificed in the name of safety.
So now they have gone from illegal aliens to already being part of the American lifestyle

They don't even pay for their own plane ticket, for crying out loud.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
So now they have gone from illegal aliens to already being part of the American lifestyle

They don't even pay for their own plane ticket, for crying out loud.
That's a different problem though, one that belongs to ICE, USCIS and CBP. It's not up to the TSA to enforce immigration laws. If it was, the TSA would have to check the immigration status of anyone flying. As an American citizen, I want to be able to move about the country freely. I would not like to forgo that freedom to help reduce the mobility of illegal immigrants. There have to be better ways of doing that, but it's not the TSA's job to figure it out.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:10 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
I travel a lot. I mean 30,000 miles a year or more. I need ID every single time. No ID no flight. I can't imagine why illegals get a free pass

Old 07-11-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I travel a lot. I mean 30,000 miles a year or more. I need ID every single time. No ID no flight. I can't imagine why illegals get a free pass
You're wrong. As you can see from the link to the TSA website I posted above, people are allowed to fly without an ID. It's a hassle, but it's possible.

Like many here, I'm unhappy with the lack of enforcement of our immigration laws. But this is not an immigration issue and illegal immigrants are not getting a "free pass" from the TSA just because they are here illegally.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:29 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
I know 1 thing. Traveling for the company, my friend forgot his Drivers License and he didn't get to fly. No ID they don't know if you are really the person who bought the ticket. The TSA is law enforcement. One would hope they would enforce the law. I mean hey have no problem laying a strip search on grand ma.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:38 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
That's a different problem though, one that belongs to ICE, USCIS and the CBP. It's not up to the TSA to enforce immigration laws.
I just didn't want you to confuse "American freedoms" with the ones illegal aliens should NOT have...

But with the latest masses coming here, TSA agents should not allow
that many "I don't have an ID, to get on a flight". Because that poses a
security risk, and that is what TSA is paid for by the taxpayers to do.
Maybe they should all be fired

I love how you list all these different agencies... what a redundant bunch
of bureaucratic bull****. And expensive bull**** too.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I just didn't want you to confuse "American freedoms" with the ones illegal aliens should NOT have...

But with the latest masses coming here, TSA agents should not allow
that many "I don't have an ID, to get on a flight". Because that poses a
security risk, and that is what TSA is paid for by the taxpayers to do.
Maybe they should all be fired

I love how you list all these different agencies... what a redundant bunch
of bureaucratic bull****. And expensive bull**** too.
I agree with all of this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration