Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 11:57 PM

671 posts, read 690,246 times

Advertisements

It's finally come to this...ACTION! All of us have been discussing here on City-Data about what we can do to effect change, close our borders, and stop the influx of illegal aliens. We have to stop the crisis at our southern borders!

Well, now we have something concrete to do...protest! Organizations are banding together to hold 220 protests across the nation including a march on Washington July 19-19

Go to the facebook page below, download the flyers, and spread them and the word around to everybody!

Consult the page below for further information. Will you join them and protest the influx of illegal aliens? Push for reform? Change the laws? It's time to save our country!

March On Washington Against The Illegal Alien Invasion

"Fellow Patriots, As of 2 hrs ago we have 220 protests across America !
Tomorrow we will publish the list of all the locations. Thank you for your patience!"

Join the event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1476471035921641

Participating organizations include.. www.OverpassesforAmerica.com, www.facebook.com/MakeThemListen.org, www.ALIPAC.US, https://2mbtdc.com/ and others

Share your thoughts...will YOU participate?

Last edited by DandiDay; 07-11-2014 at 11:59 PM.. Reason: duplicate sentences
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 07:22 AM

559 posts, read 1,356,081 times
I will participate and THANK you to the organizers. 20 Illegals can block a representative of Congresses office and get a meeting with a member of Congress, some more illegals can block INS's garages and access roads and they get welcomed to the White House (ok not really but you get the jist). The illegals have been making noise, Americans will roar.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:49 AM

Thumbs up Clarification of the purpose of these protests and marches across America

Just to be clear, (mis-wording in my OP - this is NOT to support the reform of the pro-illegals!!!)
(Thanks again to Old Glory for pointing this out)

The purpose of these 220+ marches across the US and Washington is to:

PROTEST AND FIGHT against:

1. illegals coming into our country
2. The current so-called "kids" crashing our border now (47% are 16, 17, and 18 years old, many gang and cartel members, in case you forgot or didn't see the news)
3. Amnesty for these and the 11 million+++ other illegals
4. Anchor Baby laws
5. An open border

...and more...

AND TO SUPPORT:

1. Deportation of these illegal kids NOW.
2. Immediate deployment of the National Guard down to the border to back up the Border Patrol Agents.
3. Funds to immediately train more Border Agents.
4. Funds for Strategic placement of fences, cameras, and more Agents and DRONES along the border.
5. Hopefully change or abolish the "Dream Act" law that has loopholes allowing these kids to come here from Central America, and who are given "due process"! They want to change the law to treat these illegals as they do illegals from Mexico, and turn them back immediately.
6. Deportation of the 11+++million illegals who have been here and are breaking our laws.
7. Abolish the "anchor baby" law which grants citizenship to a baby born on American soil by two illegal aliens.

....and much more...

***These protests SUPPORT sending these recent 57,000 illegal kids BACK to their countries!!!

Please visit the site, download the flyers, distribute them.
Please keep on writing your reps and senators. (There's a host of good information in these threads to source and quote from.)

Show up, and make your voice heard!

This may be are only chance, folks.

thanks, Dandi

Old 07-12-2014, 08:18 AM

Default Please add your "top lists" against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

-Folks, in an effort to succinctly clarify exactly why illegal aliens are detrimental to our country, please list your top 5 to 10 reasons in short list form in your posts here in this thread.

-If readily available, please try to also include a link to the source of the more important points and data.

-Try to include as much proven data, numbers, economic reasons as possible.
-As in #3 and #4 examples below, you can also add your own personal reasons, too!

This should hopefully fully inform those of us who want to participate in these protests and march on Washington, as well as in our letter-writing campaigns.

Example:

1. The estimated cost to take care of the 11 million + illegal immigrants over their lifetime will be $9 Trillion dollars, which is about 1/2 of our current national debt!

-source- Cost of Unlawful Immigrants to the U.S. Taxpayers

- title of article - The Fiscal Cost of Unlawful Immigrants and Amnesty to the U.S. Taxpayer
By Robert Rector and Jason Richwine, Ph.D.

2. The 57,000 illegal children which have crashed our border over the past 8 months bring communicable diseases, including treatment-resistant TB, causing a potential public health crisis.

-Source -- Children crossing border illegally: A possible public health crisis from detention centers.

- title -- A Public Health Crisis at the Border by Marc Siegel, MD

3. INSTEAD of using any funds to care for the illegals, I want my tax dollars to care for our Wounded Warriors, who deserve it more!

4. America shouldn't have to care for the ALL of the world's problems, including poor children. First, we can't afford it. Second, we have to care for our OWN POOR first!!!

++++++

Keep the list as short, to the point, and succinct as possible.

Please add to these lists, let's make this a productive argument, and provide as much information as possible to support this cause.

Again, it will help us in our letter-writing campaigns, as well as SIGNS for the protests!!!
Get the word out! We can do this!!!

Thanks, Dandi

Old 07-12-2014, 08:29 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,883,872 times
Default We need to take this out of thehandsof Gov.

If the American people raise and demand the needs protect our borders and deport everyone we can who is here Illegally. We need to send a message to the World and the UN. America will not be part of a One world Gov. We will not take care of their poor, because of other countries inability to serve their people.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:50 AM

62,886 posts, read 29,114,800 times
1. The huge costs for medical care and the birthing of illegal alien's kids on our soil. Dallas hospital cares for illegal immigrants - NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams | NBC News

2. Educating illegal immigrants is costly.
Educating illegal immigrants is costly | www.ajc.com

3. Tax credits for illegal immigrants.
Tax Credits for Illegal Immigrants

4. Illegal aliens cost Los Angeles county 3 billion dollars annually.
Illegal Aliens in Los Angeles County Cost Taxpayers 3 Billion Dollars Annually | An Angeleno's View of the World

5. Illegal immigrant births - at your expense.
Illegal Immigrant Births - At Your Expense - CBS News

6. L.A. county welfare to children of illegal immigrants.
L.A. County welfare to children of illegal immigrants grows - Los Angeles Times

7. Most illegal immigrant families collect welfare.
Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare | Judicial Watch

8. Impacts of illegal immigration : Crime.
Impacts Of Illegal Immigration: Crime

9. Impacts of illegal immigration: Education
Impacts of Illegal Immigration: Education
Impacts Of Illegal Immigration: Crime

10. Impacts of illegal immigration: Jobs
Impacts of Illegal Immigration: Jobs

Old 07-12-2014, 05:10 PM

GREAT list, Oldglory!!!

Thank you! Do you intend on participating in one of the protests?

I am...going to see which one is closest. May even try the drive to DC.

Please spread the word...please have your friends post their lists as well! We need to educate the other posters here as well. take care, Dandiday

Old 07-12-2014, 05:14 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,372,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
I will participate and THANK you to the organizers. 20 Illegals can block a representative of Congresses office and get a meeting with a member of Congress, some more illegals can block INS's garages and access roads and they get welcomed to the White House (ok not really but you get the jist). The illegals have been making noise, Americans will roar.
Illegals also go on hunger strikes to get more rights, and it works. They always give in to them. I wish they would try that crap on someone other than our government. Hey, I wonder what would happen if we had a hunger strike against any more illegals to be brought here?

Old 07-12-2014, 05:30 PM

62,886 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
GREAT list, Oldglory!!!

Thank you! Do you intend on participating in one of the protests?

I am...going to see which one is closest. May even try the drive to DC.

Please spread the word...please have your friends post their lists as well! We need to educate the other posters here as well. take care, Dandiday
I'd love to but it is very hot here, I am a senior and I have some health issues. I do other things behind the lines to combat illegal immigration. Hope there will be a good turnout everywhere though.

Last edited by Oldglory; 07-12-2014 at 05:40 PM..

Old 07-12-2014, 05:35 PM

22,460 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Great info, Dandi!

Unfortunately, the group for my state won't give any info until you join their page. I applied to join and my request is "pending". So, I don't know if I will get the info in time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration