Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 03:25 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,380,808 times

Advertisements

The hospital's business office called yesterday to tell us yet again that they can't accept only $1,000.00 a month on our bill. My husband & I both had necessary surgeries last year, and there were complications on both. My husbands DR. actually nicked him on the inside, then sewed him back up, then had to re enter & fix that, and charged us for his mistake! We have insurance, but my bill alone was $90,000.00! We told the hospital we couldn't pay more than a thousand a month in the beginning, but, they continue sending us letters/calling to tell us they need more. They need at least $3,000.00/month!

It's really disheartening that illegals can go through the same procedures for free, when we are the ones working & paying for insurance. It really hits hard & actually kind of hurts my feelings for all citizens that our government puts illegals issues ahead of ours. They can go along on their merry way, not worrying about hospital/DR. bills, not having to be harassed by the hospital, sitting around and laughing about how stupid our government is to pay them to be here while flying the Mexico flag and talking about how great Mexico is, while we are worried sick about these bills. The hospital even told us to try to get a loan to pay them! We've had emergencies and had to get loans for those, we've exhausted our savings, pulled money from retirement, all for these emergencies, one which was buying another vehicle after an illegal ran into (and ran,)and totaled my husbands vehicle. We'll be paying on these hospital bills for the rest of our lives, and I wonder if they will be calling and sending letters the rest of our lives. I'm worried that they are going to turn us over to a collection agency for just sending in $1,000.00/month. I think as long as they accept it, they can't turn us over to one.

Our government has to know a lot of Americans are going through things like this. It's pretty sad when elderly people have to choose between medicine and food, and getting their medicines cut, thanks to Obama, while an illegal can traipse across the border and have plenty to eat and plenty of medicine while not working one minute for it.

OK, pity party over. It just really hit me hard, as I made another payment of $1,000.00 this morning. The fact that illegals caused a large part of these bills we have to pay only makes it worse.

What do you pro illegals or illegals think of situations like this? Does it bother you at all, or do you laugh and say "Well, it's your stupid government"?

Old 08-30-2014, 05:19 PM

22,500 posts, read 12,045,965 times
Jess5---I'm both saddened and angry to hear that you and your husband are getting put through this. Meanwhile, you're right---illegals can just show up in the ER and get free care. That is so very wrong on so many levels!

We need to vote out the bums who allow this BS to happen. Unfortunately, after the 2012 election, it is clear that we have far too many low information voters in this country. Some of them are just too ignorant to know any better. However, some of them are elitists who are close-minded and refuse to believe that things like what is happening to you are true. They live in exclusive areas where there are no illegals so they accuse others of lying when they hear stories like yours. Even worse, when you give these college educated people credible links to read up on these issues, they refuse to do so.

I don't know what the answer is but I do know that I wish that we didn't have millions of low information voters I blame them in large part for what is happening to our country.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:07 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,968,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
The hospital's business office called yesterday to tell us yet again that they can't accept only $1,000.00 a month on our bill. My husband & I both had necessary surgeries last year, and there were complications on both. My husbands DR. actually nicked him on the inside, then sewed him back up, then had to re enter & fix that, and charged us for his mistake! We have insurance, but my bill alone was $90,000.00! We told the hospital we couldn't pay more than a thousand a month in the beginning, but, they continue sending us letters/calling to tell us they need more. They need at least $3,000.00/month!

It's really disheartening that illegals can go through the same procedures for free, when we are the ones working & paying for insurance. It really hits hard & actually kind of hurts my feelings for all citizens that our government puts illegals issues ahead of ours. They can go along on their merry way, not worrying about hospital/DR. bills, not having to be harassed by the hospital, sitting around and laughing about how stupid our government is to pay them to be here while flying the Mexico flag and talking about how great Mexico is, while we are worried sick about these bills. The hospital even told us to try to get a loan to pay them! We've had emergencies and had to get loans for those, we've exhausted our savings, pulled money from retirement, all for these emergencies, one which was buying another vehicle after an illegal ran into (and ran,)and totaled my husbands vehicle. We'll be paying on these hospital bills for the rest of our lives, and I wonder if they will be calling and sending letters the rest of our lives. I'm worried that they are going to turn us over to a collection agency for just sending in $1,000.00/month. I think as long as they accept it, they can't turn us over to one.

Our government has to know a lot of Americans are going through things like this. It's pretty sad when elderly people have to choose between medicine and food, and getting their medicines cut, thanks to Obama, while an illegal can traipse across the border and have plenty to eat and plenty of medicine while not working one minute for it.

OK, pity party over. It just really hit me hard, as I made another payment of $1,000.00 this morning. The fact that illegals caused a large part of these bills we have to pay only makes it worse.

What do you pro illegals or illegals think of situations like this? Does it bother you at all, or do you laugh and say "Well, it's your stupid government"?
If you're gonna rant on illegals, blame the fact that we don't have single payer medicine like most countries with a brain. But, no, 'Murica! You want to blame somebody for having to pay such an outrageous amount of money for surgery? Blame yourself for voting Republican. You have yourself to blame, not the illegals

Old 08-30-2014, 06:44 PM

22,500 posts, read 12,045,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If you're gonna rant on illegals, blame the fact that we don't have single payer medicine like most countries with a brain. But, no, 'Murica! You want to blame somebody for having to pay such an outrageous amount of money for surgery? Blame yourself for voting Republican. You have yourself to blame, not the illegals
Geez! Neither party is looking out for Americans (not 'Muricans). So I blame both parties for the mess we are in now.

At one time democrats truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those democrats of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were being displaced in the work force due to illegal immigration. And those democrats of yore would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty.

Today's democrats put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens---and that's despicable. Too bad that so many low information voters don't realize that today's democrats are NOT their grandfather's democrats.

As I said, neither party is looking out for Americans. However, at one time I would have expected much, much better from the democrats.

And, yes, illegal aliens do take much of the blame. They have no business being here and offer nothing of value to this country. They are parasites who take far, far more than they give. Both parties are to blame for allowing that to happen.

----------------
Again, Jess5, I am so sorry to hear that this is happening to you.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:47 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,245,441 times
Quote:
Hold on. Not one republican voted for Obama care or had a say in Obama care. The Dems own the current system. They had the power to change the system and instead created a system that no one likes. The fact that Illegals get free health care is an out rage.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:12 PM

63,022 posts, read 29,229,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hold on. Not one republican voted for Obama care or had a say in Obama care. The Dems own the current system. They had the power to change the system and instead created a system that no one likes. The fact that Illegals get free health care is an out rage.
Yes, and non-payers like illegal aliens is what keeps our healthcare costs high.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:30 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,968,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, and non-payers like illegal aliens is what keeps our healthcare costs high.
Alright, let's see the data. You need to back up your claim that illegals are the exact reason why our healthcare costs are high, not administrative costs, corruption in the medical system, hospital monopolies, outrageous doctor's and manager's salaries, not our healthcare system having to absorb the myriad of unpaid claims needed by Americans who were not eligible for Medicaid, Medicare, and don't have job based insurance and can't afford the private market. No, it's all the illegals' fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The reason why Dems instituted Obamacare was because of the GOP opposition. The only Democrats that wanted to institute single payer or a publicly funded health plan on the exchanges were from reliable Democrat districts. The Blue Dog Democrats that voted for Obamacare got voted out anyway. They should have voted on the public option, or voted on Dennis Kucinich's bill for Medicare for All, and been voted out anyway. Either way, they weren't gonna survive, and thought they could if they went with the Heritage Foundation's plan

Old 08-30-2014, 08:05 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,140,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwashed View Post
If you're gonna rant on illegals, blame the fact that we don't have single payer medicine like most countries with a brain. But, no, 'Mauriac! You want to blame somebody for having to pay such an outrageous amount of money for surgery? Blame yourself for voting Republican. You have yourself to blame, not the illegals
I think that's about a ton of unfiltered BS. Don't blame the illegals is about as idiotic as saying "just because he robbed the bank and killed two people it's OK, It's not his fault, blame society".

How do you know how anybody voted ? You have an Ouija board in your pocket or something ?

A single payer system means somebody pays. What part of " illegals don't pay don't you understand ?"
When they do surgery on you might understand, but, I rather doubt it........

Old 08-30-2014, 08:25 PM

63,022 posts, read 29,229,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I think that's about a ton of unfiltered BS. Don't blame the illegals is about as idiotic as saying "just because he robbed the bank and killed two people it's OK, It's not his fault, blame society".

How do you know how anybody voted ? You have an Ouija board in your pocket or something ?

A single payer system means somebody pays. What part of " illegals don't pay don't you understand ?"
When they do surgery on you might understand, but, I rather doubt it........
I agree. This same thought process is that we should blame the employers for why they are here. Well sure, but the illegals are equally to blame because no one drags them over the border to work here. They know what they are doing is wrong. You'll never hear any pro-illegal put any blame on them though.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:11 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,926,204 times
Quote:
Stop it, please. ILLEGAL aliens have NO right to be in the US. Period.

Any time one's getting care at an ER; that illegal NEEDS to be arrested and held for deportation, if that means a prison hospital till that illegal is well enough to move, it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration