Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 02:31 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Stop it, please. ILLEGAL aliens have NO right to be in the US. Period.

Any time one's getting care at an ER; that illegal NEEDS to be arrested and held for deportation, if that means a prison hospital till that illegal is well enough to move, it is what it is.
That's what they do to citizens who are criminals.

brainwashed, you sure seem angry. When we're talking about the criminal illegals, we're not talking about you....................or are we? Hmm, I can only assume, as you did.

Illegals are driving up the cost of medical care for taxpayers.
Illegal Immigrants Add to US Healthcare Costs
The Center for Immigration Studies estimates that the current cost of treating uninsured immigrants who entered this country illegally at all levels of government to be $4.3 billion a year, primarily at emergency rooms and free clinics. This doesn't take into account the billions being absorbed by in-patient care delivered by hospitals.

Who is picking up these costs? Every American taxpayer — not to mention medical facilities and insurance companies who turn around and raise their rates for everyone else.

For instance, it may surprise you to learn that immigrants who entered this country illegally, who have not paid one dime into Medicaid, are receiving Medicaid benefits. Kaiser Healthcare News reports that "federal law generally bars immigrants who enter this country illegally from being covered by Medicaid. But a little-known part of the state-federal health insurance program for the poor has long paid about $2 billion a year for emergency treatment for a group of patients who, according to hospitals, mostly comprise this class of immigrants."

A 2007 report by the Journal of the American Medical Association found that in a four-year period, about 99 percent of those who used Emergency Medicaid were determined to be immigrants that entered this country illegally.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:21 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times
I agree with Jess.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:15 AM

671 posts, read 690,427 times
Default we've explained the problem of health care and illegals before

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If you're gonna rant on illegals, blame the fact that we don't have single payer medicine like most countries with a brain. But, no, 'Murica! You want to blame somebody for having to pay such an outrageous amount of money for surgery? Blame yourself for voting Republican. You have yourself to blame, not the illegals
No, and quite untrue. Go back to threads on the illegal immigration forum throughout the summer time period. You will see links and data where illegals ARE the cause of higher health care costs, and ARE bankrupting our country.

Do your research. I don't wish to spend my time trying to repost it here, when all you need to do are some simple searches here on CD.

Single-payer medicine? Again, go review these posts and threads on the subject. You will see, for example, that it's failing miserably in the UK. I lived there, worked under that system, and saw it not only fail my neighbors who died while on government health-care waiting lists, but the level of delivery of said medical care was abysmal and third-rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
The hospital's business office called yesterday to tell us yet again that they can't accept only $1,000.00 a month on our bill. My husband & I both had necessary surgeries last year, and there were complications on both. My husbands DR. actually nicked him on the inside, then sewed him back up, then had to re enter & fix that, and charged us for his mistake! We have insurance, but my bill alone was $90,000.00! We told the hospital we couldn't pay more than a thousand a month in the beginning, but, they continue sending us letters/calling to tell us they need more. They need at least $3,000.00/month!

It's really disheartening that illegals can go through the same procedures for free, when we are the ones working & paying for insurance. It really hits hard & actually kind of hurts my feelings for all citizens that our government puts illegals issues ahead of ours. They can go along on their merry way, not worrying about hospital/DR. bills, not having to be harassed by the hospital, sitting around and laughing about how stupid our government is to pay them to be here while flying the Mexico flag and talking about how great Mexico is, while we are worried sick about these bills. The hospital even told us to try to get a loan to pay them! We've had emergencies and had to get loans for those, we've exhausted our savings, pulled money from retirement, all for these emergencies, one which was buying another vehicle after an illegal ran into (and ran,)and totaled my husbands vehicle. We'll be paying on these hospital bills for the rest of our lives, and I wonder if they will be calling and sending letters the rest of our lives. I'm worried that they are going to turn us over to a collection agency for just sending in $1,000.00/month. I think as long as they accept it, they can't turn us over to one.

Our government has to know a lot of Americans are going through things like this. It's pretty sad when elderly people have to choose between medicine and food, and getting their medicines cut, thanks to Obama, while an illegal can traipse across the border and have plenty to eat and plenty of medicine while not working one minute for it.

OK, pity party over. It just really hit me hard, as I made another payment of $1,000.00 this morning. The fact that illegals caused a large part of these bills we have to pay only makes it worse.

What do you pro illegals or illegals think of situations like this? Does it bother you at all, or do you laugh and say "Well, it's your stupid government"?
I'm so sorry, Jess5. What you've shared is a situation I see daily in the hospitals I work in. I cannot understand how we continually give preference to the illegals within the medical care system. So many of us in the medical field are trying to effect change in this regard, but we, too, are cautioned to be quiet, and not raise this issue...for fear of lawsuits against the hospitals. We're held "captive" by the likes of Raza and lib democrats like Gutierrez, who scream "racism" if we dare speak up.

What about the so-called hospital tax that is assessed on every Texan, to pay for this "illegal medical care"? Is that something you approve of, unbrainwashed? Then why don't YOU pay for it?

Quote:
Alright, let's see the data. You need to back up your claim that illegals are the exact reason why our healthcare costs are high, not administrative costs, corruption in the medical system, hospital monopolies, outrageous doctor's and manager's salaries, not our healthcare system having to absorb the myriad of unpaid claims needed by Americans who were not eligible for Medicaid, Medicare, and don't have job based insurance and can't afford the private market. No, it's all the illegals' fault.

The reason why Dems instituted Obamacare was because of the GOP opposition. The only Democrats that wanted to institute single payer or a publicly funded health plan on the exchanges were from reliable Democrat districts. The Blue Dog Democrats that voted for Obamacare got voted out anyway. They should have voted on the public option, or voted on Dennis Kucinich's bill for Medicare for All, and been voted out anyway. Either way, they weren't gonna survive, and thought they could if they went with the Heritage Foundation's plan
As I said, go to the threads - all of the info is there. Especially on the Heritage Foundation's site about the REAL costs of illegals. Based on data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Stop it, please. ILLEGAL aliens have NO right to be in the US. Period.

Any time one's getting care at an ER; that illegal NEEDS to be arrested and held for deportation, if that means a prison hospital till that illegal is well enough to move, it is what it is.
THIS is the bottom line. Along with the "anchor babies". We would watch the pregnant illegals in the parking lot...they'd come in when labor started to have their babies born for FREE on US soil, and then the whole darned family entered in on our welfare roles, housing and utility vouchers, food stamps, free medical care, and on and on.

Anyone who denies this is woefully uninformed.

Thank you,
Dandiday

Old 08-31-2014, 09:55 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
No, and quite untrue. Go back to threads on the illegal immigration forum throughout the summer time period. You will see links and data where illegals ARE the cause of higher health care costs, and ARE bankrupting our country.

Do your research. I don't wish to spend my time trying to repost it here, when all you need to do are some simple searches here on CD.

Single-payer medicine? Again, go review these posts and threads on the subject. You will see, for example, that it's failing miserably in the UK. I lived there, worked under that system, and saw it not only fail my neighbors who died while on government health-care waiting lists, but the level of delivery of said medical care was abysmal and third-rate.

I'm so sorry, Jess5. What you've shared is a situation I see daily in the hospitals I work in. I cannot understand how we continually give preference to the illegals within the medical care system. So many of us in the medical field are trying to effect change in this regard, but we, too, are cautioned to be quiet, and not raise this issue...for fear of lawsuits against the hospitals. We're held "captive" by the likes of Raza and lib democrats like Gutierrez, who scream "racism" if we dare speak up.

What about the so-called hospital tax that is assessed on every Texan, to pay for this "illegal medical care"? Is that something you approve of, unbrainwashed? Then why don't YOU pay for it?

As I said, go to the threads - all of the info is there. Especially on the Heritage Foundation's site about the REAL costs of illegals. Based on data.

THIS is the bottom line. Along with the "anchor babies". We would watch the pregnant illegals in the parking lot...they'd come in when labor started to have their babies born for FREE on US soil, and then the whole darned family entered in on our welfare roles, housing and utility vouchers, food stamps, free medical care, and on and on.

Anyone who denies this is woefully uninformed.

Thank you,
Dandiday
Exactly! I posted a link in here of what anchor babies are costing Parkview Hospital in Dallas alone. Add to that the ensuing welfare costs after they are born and it amounts to billions a year. Sure, there are other factors involved in keeping our healthcare costs high but as you said anyone who denies that illegal immigration isn't a huge part of it is in serious denial. I suspect....no I am pretty sure why they are in denial about it and I will just leave it at that. Truth is truth though and can't be denied.

Illegals just like poor Americans without health insurance do use our ER's as a doctor's office and it is costing us billions. We are obligated to help our own poor though but illegal aliens don't even have a right to be in this country much less draining our taxes dry in this manner.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:17 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Jess5, I'm not the angry one here. I'm not the one that spends everyday on the illegal immigration forum ranting and raving about Hispanics, having to vent and blow off steam on a daily basis like the same handful of members do on here. That's also a curious thing you're implying there, what makes you think I'm an illegal, or Mexican, for that matter?

I see a lot of ranting and raving on this topic, nobody really addressed the second post I made in here. Lots of emotion, no facts. Well, that's par for the course on this subforum, isn't? Nobody wants to address how much illegals cost in welfare versus poor whites and blacks. By the way, I'd also like to point out that illegals don't qualify for welfare, only US citizens and permanent residents do. Also, let's see how much of the budget goes to welfare, versus how much we have to pay to give senior citizens their subsidized medical care every year, how much the military-industrial complex figures into our budget, etc.

Also, no country in the world, as far as I know, requires citizenship status in order to get medical treatment. Since we do not have socialized medicine in this country like the UK does (one poster erroneously referred to the UK has single payer, the UK does not have single payer medicine), but all private, then legal status does not matter. Also, thanks to almighty Reagan, that great conservative stalwart of the GOP, is the one that signed into law that NOBODY can be turned away from the ER. Blame your hero, Ronald Reagan, for that.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:35 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Alright, let's see the data. You need to back up your claim that illegals are the exact reason why our healthcare costs are high, not administrative costs, corruption in the medical system, hospital monopolies, outrageous doctor's and manager's salaries, not our healthcare system having to absorb the myriad of unpaid claims needed by Americans who were not eligible for Medicaid, Medicare, and don't have job based insurance and can't afford the private market. No, it's all the illegals' fault.

The reason why Dems instituted Obamacare was because of the GOP opposition. The only Democrats that wanted to institute single payer or a publicly funded health plan on the exchanges were from reliable Democrat districts. The Blue Dog Democrats that voted for Obamacare got voted out anyway. They should have voted on the public option, or voted on Dennis Kucinich's bill for Medicare for All, and been voted out anyway. Either way, they weren't gonna survive, and thought they could if they went with the Heritage Foundation's plan
The fact remains that it is erroneous to blame the GOP for our current health insurance system. The Dems had the super majority and forced Obama care on the nation. They could have just as easily passed a single payer system. The fault lies squarely with the Dems.
None of which would alter the fact that it is an outrage that illegals receive free health care while hard working legals do not. Illegals do in fact contribute to the high cost of health care, all dead beats do. Add to this the high cost of malpractice insurance, medical school and the costs of running a health care facility.
Tort reform would help lower the costs. How much? I don't know, but our system of law suits certainly needs to be changed.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:42 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Jess5, I'm not the angry one here. I'm not the one that spends everyday on the illegal immigration forum ranting and raving about Hispanics, having to vent and blow off steam on a daily basis like the same handful of members do on here. That's also a curious thing you're implying there, what makes you think I'm an illegal, or Mexican, for that matter?

I see a lot of ranting and raving on this topic, nobody really addressed the second post I made in here. Lots of emotion, no facts. Well, that's par for the course on this subforum, isn't? Nobody wants to address how much illegals cost in welfare versus poor whites and blacks. By the way, I'd also like to point out that illegals don't qualify for welfare, only US citizens and permanent residents do. Also, let's see how much of the budget goes to welfare, versus how much we have to pay to give senior citizens their subsidized medical care every year, how much the military-industrial complex figures into our budget, etc.

Also, no country in the world, as far as I know, requires citizenship status in order to get medical treatment. Since we do not have socialized medicine in this country like the UK does (one poster erroneously referred to the UK has single payer, the UK does not have single payer medicine), but all private, then legal status does not matter. Also, thanks to almighty Reagan, that great conservative stalwart of the GOP, is the one that signed into law that NOBODY can be turned away from the ER. Blame your hero, Ronald Reagan, for that.
No but they do require payment for services rendered.
Reagan signed into law, if I am not mistaken, that no one can be denied emergency treatment. Using the ER for the flu is hardly emergency treatment. Illegals regardless of health need to be deported. let their own country treat them.
As far as medicare goes we all pay a tax, not unlike SS that means we purchase this health insurance over the course of our working lives.
The military industrial complex. A bloated juggernaught that enjoys the support of both parties. Look no further than how many Dems insisted that the army buy tanks they didn't need nor want.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:51 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:

Uh; please stop it. I'm of Irish family and if MOST illegal aliens were from Ireland, I'd be pissed off as well. It's that MOST illegals are from LatAm, it is what it is, it ain't "racism" NOT wanting their kind in the US. Sheesh!

Old 08-31-2014, 11:43 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times
I'm sorry to hear about your issues Jess5. It doesn't make any sense. you and your husband work hard and want ot pay your bills and it is such a slap in the face that our government is giving illegal aliens the same medical benefits that you and I have been paying so much for.
It seems like Obama is working hard to run this country into the ground. He doesn't care about the middle class that built this country BUT he does care about getting the next liberal democrat elected in 2016.
I have no problem with legal immigrants heck I married one. I actually don't have a problem with illegal immigrants who sneak in because they are doing what they can to survive. I do have a problem when illegals demand rights and our politicians listen to them so someday they will vote Democrat even if it means the destruction of this once great country.

The biggest problem with illegal immigration is that once this country has been bankrupted from the social programs that they demand, crime rates explode and we fall into the realm of a third world country the illegals have a choice to go back to their home country while for the rest of us what is left of America is our home.

Old 08-31-2014, 02:25 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Illegals shouldn't be getting medical but they definitely are. There have been stats on this posted by many other people. Meanwhile I know several working poor (formerly middle class)who were uninsured and got cancer. They died because they kept putting it off until it was too late. Illegals and their moocher freeloading spawn get everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration