Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:07 AM

902 posts, read 719,390 times

Advertisements

Mexicans are not better workers at all and this is nothing but a huge myth. But then, the pro-illegal crowd will say anything to try and make us feel guilt but they use lies and myths, so it means nothing.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:10 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,163,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Mexicans are not better workers at all and this is nothing but a huge myth. But then, the pro-illegal crowd will say anything to try and make us feel guilt but they use lies and myths, so it means nothing.
Yes; and those individual Mexicans et al with a 'can-do' work ethic tend to get green cards fairly quickly I suspect.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:22 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,432,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The fact is that Americans just don't cut it in many a workplace. If you ask employers "off the record" who they prefer they will almost always tell you they prefer the Mexican worker. Read this article:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/123007dnedianonymous.278c46.html (broken link)

"Workers like him find support among business owners – especially in Texas industries dependent on unskilled immigrants, like agriculture and construction. They say that without those workers, they couldn't survive.

Marty owns a North Texas construction company. He has come to view American workers as undependable, lazy and arrogant, while he finds illegal immigrants motivated and reliable.

"I'd rather employ them than Americans," he confides. "In my line of work, I need the Mexicans, and I am for them being here. I need them because I can't find anybody else to do the work."

I hear employers all the time saying similar things. I heard a restaurant owner say he would pay the Mexicans MORE if he had too because they are so much better workers than the Americans he used to employ.

Racist stereotype: "Mexicans are lazy, dirty, disrespectful."

Insightful Truth: "Americans are lazy, undependable, and arrogant."

Racist stereotype: "Americans work harder than illegals."

Insightful Truth: "Mexicans work harder than Americans."

The wheels on the bus spin round and round, round and round.....

Old 01-01-2008, 08:35 AM

902 posts, read 719,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Racist stereotype: "Mexicans are lazy, dirty, disrespectful."

Insightful Truth: "Americans are lazy, undependable, and arrogant."

Racist stereotype: "Americans work harder than illegals."

Insightful Truth: "Mexicans work harder than Americans."

The wheels on the bus spin round and round, round and round.....
Don't ya just love the racism and bigotry coming from those pro-illegal people?

Old 01-01-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Well; considering that the anti illegal sentiment here is building by leaps and bounds------the pro illegal crowd is showing frank signs of desperation.

The latter know that they are losing the war of public opinion.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:48 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,762,627 times
Quote:

They aren't even as subtle as their boss Vicente Fox was.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:52 PM

18,483 posts, read 15,279,839 times
I couldn't even finish reading the original post. You know why? It doesn't matter! Its irrelevant! Who gives a flying ____?

I will concede that illegal immigrants are the best damn workers on the planet! Now lets deport them. Not because they are bad workers! Because they don't belong here! Because they are illegal!

Doesn't the pro illegal side have ANY arguments that are relevant?

Old 01-01-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskmd View Post
I couldn't even finish reading the original post. You know why? It doesn't matter! Its irrelevant! Who gives a flying ____?

I will concede that illegal immigrants are the best damn workers on the planet! Now lets deport them. Not because they are bad workers! Because they don't belong here! Because they are illegal!

Doesn't the pro illegal side have ANY arguments that are relevant?
Of course not.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:16 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,536,389 times
What a bunch of bull.

As someone who has worked with illegal Mexicans (and others) for two decades, I can tell you that they are no better nor worse than anyone else. There are just as many lazy Mexicans as there are lazy Americans.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:43 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,747,656 times
Steven Camarota, research director at the pro-enforcement Center for Immigration Studies think tank in Washington, said most illegal immigrants were unskilled workers.

"Before you buy into that kind of argument you have to take a step back and ask what kind of labor do illegal immigrants provide?" Camarota said.

"I find it very hard to take seriously the argument that the key to a state's economic success depends on having a lot of high school dropouts."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration