Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2014, 07:55 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,444,420 times

Advertisements

If I inderstand his basic order he plans to defer deportation of up to five million illegal aliens. I don't think anyone expected us to deport five million people.

All it tells me is they have a huge database of illegals using fake Social Security numbers that they could deport if they cared. It also tells me we could target those employers immediatly if we wanted to enforce the law.

Not doing something you had never planned to do is simple self-deception. He has no authority to bypass current immigration laws. Only congress has that power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 07:57 AM

I wasn't going to walk for coffee this morning but signed an executive order to just stay home instead. I'm on the job!

Old 11-16-2014, 12:01 PM

22,541 posts, read 12,121,305 times
They do have a list of all the no-match SSNs in the work force.

In fact, when GW Bush was president, he ordered the SSA to print up letters to send to companies informing them of the no-matches that work for them.

However, that despicable group, the ACLU, sued to stop this. Their flimsy excuse? Apparently, there was a 4% error rate when it comes to no-matches. Never mind that the SSA has procedures in place to correct such errors.

Cowards that they are, the ACLU took their case to the Ninth Circuit Court---a court filled with leftwing activist judges. If the ACLU had the courage of their convictions, they would have taken this case to another circuit court. Of course, the Ninth Circuit Court sided with the ACLU. So, those no-match letters never got sent out.

Meanwhile, by doing this the ACLU showed that they care more about illegals than they do about Americans who have been victims of ID theft by illegals.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:01 PM

His order basically amounts to this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration