Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 01:34 PM

63,089 posts, read 29,284,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I'm glad you said this Packard Fan. I feel like I am the only one around here that has to bring up Conservatives being as much of the problem as anyone else.

When you look at the executive core of a business albeit: a farm, construction, car wash, restaurant, clothing maker, landscape company etc etc. that is "supporting illegals", they are definitely NOT liberals.

The liberals are more overt with their emotional support, but conservatives are profitting off illegals...thus monetarily supporting them.
No, anyone who thinks that only conservatives/Republicans hire illegal aliens or own businesses isn't dealing in reality. My bet would be that smaller businesses are more apt to hire illegal aliens and many of them are owned by Democrats. There are also large corporations owned by Democrats. Profiting from illegal aliens is not a one party thing. Not by a long shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 01:39 PM

63,089 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I'm just tired of the amnesty crowd in California then turning around and claiming to be an environmental advocate. I so wish I could find the SANDAG study that was conducted as part of the "day without immigrants" protest a few years back.

The same people in California government that order us to use special gas, special emission controls, to carpool more, to get smog checks are the same people claiming racism when too many Hispanics getting cited for their vehichle being a gross polluter.

One aspect that stood out in my mind from the SANDAG study: Based on how commuter patterns changed when the day without immigrants protest was occurring, they could cancel $9 BILLION in road improvements over the next 20 years in just San Diego County.
It only makes sense that the more our population increases the more it creates grid lock on our highways, wear and tear on our roads and air pollutions. Illegal immigration is uncontrolled/unplanned for population growth and it definitely plays a factor in the above.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:34 PM

4,591 posts, read 3,422,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It only makes sense that the more our population increases the more it creates grid lock on our highways, wear and tear on our roads and air pollutions. Illegal immigration is uncontrolled/unplanned for population growth and it definitely plays a factor in the above.
Again, I wish I could find the study for exact numbers but what I was trying to convey was that illegals are far more likely to drive a much older car, in San Diego's case, more likely to still be registered in Mexico, hence not smogged. And far less likely to be participating in a car pool.

The aspects involved in the SANDAG study (SANDAG stands for San Diego Association of Governments, our local MPO) and they felt the "day without immigrants" would be a valuable case study, the quality of life improved so much in San Diego that day, that they decided to never hold it again. Some examples from my memory:

Average traffic counts dropped 20%, some freeways went to mid 1970's congestion levels.

San Ysidro border crossing wait time went from 2 hours to 25 mins.

Pollution index went down 30 points.

That kind of stuff.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:05 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,935,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Again, I wish I could find the study for exact numbers but what I was trying to convey was that illegals are far more likely to drive a much older car, in San Diego's case, more likely to still be registered in Mexico, hence not smogged. And far less likely to be participating in a car pool.

The aspects involved in the SANDAG study (SANDAG stands for San Diego Association of Governments, our local MPO) and they felt the "day without immigrants" would be a valuable case study, the quality of life improved so much in San Diego that day, that they decided to never hold it again. Some examples from my memory:

Average traffic counts dropped 20%, some freeways went to mid 1970's congestion levels.

San Ysidro border crossing wait time went from 2 hours to 25 mins.

Pollution index went down 30 points.

That kind of stuff.
Def a good start but; many people want their slave labor.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:46 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,860,062 times
Both parties use illegals for their political agenda. The Republicans' big business buddies love illegals because they work for low wages which equals more profits. The Democrats love the illegals because illegals mostly lean left for obviou$ rea$on$. The Democrat plan is to get them legal and convert them to American citizens so they can vote Democrat. Foolishly, President Reagan tried this plan and it failed miserably. Do you actually think Obama wants amnesty because it's coming from the goodness of his heart? HA! It's business. It's politics.

I agree that any person, Democrat or Republican, that is a proponent for illegals should support them on their own dime. No doubt the painful feeling of being drained financially will change the minds of these people pretty fast.

What a country we have: Illegals earn cash under the table. They send a nice chunk of their untaxed earnings back home to support family members. Our country loses out on tax and revenue for our economy from that money that is not being spent and taxed here. Back home where the illegals come from their government is laughing because it helps their country economically while they fleece their nation's coffers and these governments also receive annual financial aide from our idiotic government. The losers here are the American people. The same ones that vote for these sellouts from BOTH parties. What a country!

-Cheers.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:49 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,854,167 times
I am Liberal but I think we should closed our borders for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration