Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2012, 09:47 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,384 times

Advertisements

After reading about the scrap between teachers and the Wisconsin government I was curious about relative pay between the two groups.
Do teachers in Wisconsin earn more and have better benefits than politicians in Wisconsin ?
Do politicians have to pay toward their health coverage out of their salaries ?

If Politicians get paid more than teachers why so ? better educated ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 10:46 PM

319 posts, read 665,147 times
State assembly and senator salary is less than 50k

Old 06-20-2012, 09:06 PM

361 posts, read 862,172 times
I'm not a teacher or politician but I think the politician comes out way ahead. They get paid as mentioned but hidden perks really bump the pay. The politicians are also only in session for about three months then have the remainder of the year off unless a special session is call then the pay goes up. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think the politicians also gave themselves lifetime pay and benefits after two terms in office. My guess is a teacher has a better education and more required continuing education requirements compared to the politicians; for what it is worth, our Governor does not have a college degree.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:34 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,878,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkin View Post
State assembly and senator salary is less than 50k
They make all their money after they pass a bunch of laws benefitting the people who financed their campaign and take a 200k a year consulting job with the same people after they leave office.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:26 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,563,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
They make all their money after they pass a bunch of laws benefitting the people who financed their campaign and take a 200k a year consulting job with the same people after they leave office.
michael chertov (sp?) , the first dep. of homeland security chief, has direct financial ties to the company that makes the airport body scanners , this law was passed while he was in office.

many politicians in DC go on to become multi-million "advisors" and "consultants" lobbyists when they either retire or are kicked out.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 AM

4 posts, read 5,820 times
Default teachers pay versus politician pay

I don't know about the pay of either one but I do know that without teachers the prison population would grow, without politicians the country would have a lot less debt. And public workers were all hit with Walkers budget fix, why should any one group pay for the debt the politicians caused? I would recommend to the people that were hurt by his cuts (instead of cutting the deep lined pockets of Wisconsin politicians he hurt those that acutally work for the people of Wisconsin and get them their roads, their children educated, their low income programs working and anything else that has to be worked on daily to protect the people in the state) that any business supporting this jerk to be taken off the list as to purchasing anything from them. No one group should ever have to be responsible for the problems caused by the politicians. He isn't done and because of the voters allowing his attacks on public workers and unions any business, private group that has benefits and unions is the next target. He is not going to cut his money and the fixes he made are only temporary, for all of you that have a retirement plan at work but don't contribute because you don't want to you may soon be forced to contribute like he made public workers do. All of you earning good wages may as well settle in to have wages and benefits cut, he is for the business man and compaines to make profits not personal income growth for little people and if it was ok to do this to public workers it will be ok to take from you as well because your rising wages and benefits package adds on to the cost of the product that the rest of the public has to pay for when we go to the store. So I'm all for cutting everyone's wages and benefits to make it even across the board and lower product cost. The funny thing about the cuts he made is that their are more consultants doing the jobs of public workers now and making big profits off taxpayer money, they aren't regulated as to how much they can charge the taxpayer for road construction or anything else that the public workers are paid a wage for. So the joke is on all of you that thought this disaster of a governor was a good thing for Wisconsin. And we also owe the Koch brothers for all the money they invested in him, I hate to see what the cost will be, thinking about all the environmental damage and corruption that follows these guys I believe it's time to move out of this state before they plant their feet to firmly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin