Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 02:44 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,936,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And we would have that if we took the right steps to rid ourselves of illegal aliens in our country. Granting driver's licenses to foreingers who don't even have a right to be in our country is unfathomable to me. That's like granting the bank robber the keys to the vault.
Agreed and HOW!

Tho IF those DL's said "ILLEGAL ALIEN" on them in big red letters AND did NOT stop the cops from arresting any illegal alien "on contact", then we'll talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 09:49 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,471,508 times
DMV did massive hiring to be able to handle all their drivers license requests. Hmmm....wonder who pays for that?

And no, I absolutely don't believe that they will run out and get car insurance. I don't even believe that they'll actually re-register their cars into their own names instead of whoever's identity they've been using.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:11 AM

63,097 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
DMV did massive hiring to be able to handle all their drivers license requests. Hmmm....wonder who pays for that?

And no, I absolutely don't believe that they will run out and get car insurance. I don't even believe that they'll actually re-register their cars into their own names instead of whoever's identity they've been using.
The Calif. taxpayer of course. According to this article it will be $67 million. Note the title of the article? "Immigrants" are applying for DL's? Um no, illegal aliens (not undocumented either). Note also how the illegal quoted in the article pretends to care about the law all of sudden in regards to driving on our roads but had no qualms about breaking our immigration laws and working here illegally. I swear these people have no conscience or honesty at all.

California immigrants soon can seek driver's licenses

Old 12-17-2014, 11:47 PM

1,059 posts, read 833,186 times
I heard an interview with the head of the CHP this morning on local radio. He is glad that "undocumented" persons are allowed to get driver's licenses because it means they will have to register their cars and get insurance on their vehicles. Yeah, right... just like they do now.

Do California officials really believe this is what will happen? And $67 million taxpayers' money to the DMV to accommodate these interlopers. Tsk, tsk.

California has 60,000 foster children who are mostly being fed and clothed by non-profits and private citizen contributions, not to mention the hungry and poor and homeless in the Bay Area. But we can put out the welcome mat for lawbreakers and bend over backwards while ignoring our own (meaning lawful citizens)?

Totally screwed up priorities. Glad I won't live long enough to see the inevitable collapse because it is not a matter of "if," but when.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:07 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,359,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I heard an interview with the head of the CHP this morning on local radio. He is glad that "undocumented" persons are allowed to get driver's licenses because it means they will have to register their cars and get insurance on their vehicles. Yeah, right... just like they do now.

Do California officials really believe this is what will happen? And $67 million taxpayers' money to the DMV to accommodate these interlopers. Tsk, tsk.

California has 60,000 foster children who are mostly being fed and clothed by non-profits and private citizen contributions, not to mention the hungry and poor and homeless in the Bay Area. But we can put out the welcome mat for lawbreakers and bend over backwards while ignoring our own (meaning lawful citizens)?

Totally screwed up priorities. Glad I won't live long enough to see the inevitable collapse because it is not a matter of "if," but when.
Yup. Stories like this take the sting out of never having had children. At least I don't have to worry about how crappy their futures will be.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Yup. Stories like this take the sting out of never having had children. At least I don't have to worry about how crappy their futures will be.
Well I have them but now I am worried about my grandkids and great grandkid's future with the way things are today. When our own government stops caring about the rule of law, protecting jobs and resources for Americans and allows us to be invaded by millions of foreigners illegally and then rewards them by allowing them to stay or worse yet gain citizenship in our country the future looks bleak.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:23 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,209,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well I have them but now I am worried about my grandkids and great grandkid's future with the way things are today. When our own government stops caring about the rule of law, protecting jobs and resources for Americans and allows us to be invaded by millions of foreigners illegally and then rewards them by allowing them to stay or worse yet gain citizenship in our country the future looks bleak.
We are also being invaded legally by hordes of H-1B tech workers who are displacing Americans in the workplace. And our current administration wants to increase the number of allotted H-1Bs, as we are supposedly in dire need of "stellar" tech help while scores of talented Americans sit idle.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
We are also being invaded legally by hordes of H-1B tech workers who are displacing Americans in the workplace. And our current administration wants to increase the number of allotted H-1Bs, as we are supposedly in dire need of "stellar" tech help while scores of talented Americans sit idle.
I agree. Immigration should be based on our needs as a country without harming our own citizens. Employers shouldn't get away with hiring illegal aliens or hiring foreigners over Americans when there are qualified ones to do the same job. It's all about greed and apparently our government is ignoring it with a wink and a nod.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:54 PM

183 posts, read 193,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and HOW!

Tho IF those DL's said "ILLEGAL ALIEN" on them in big red letters AND did NOT stop the cops from arresting any illegal alien "on contact", then we'll talk.
From Tucson..."Tucson police said Wednesday they will no longer fully enforce the state's immigration law that requires local police to check the immigration status of people they encounter while enforcing other laws"

"Chief Roberto Villaseñor said his officers will now only check immigration status and call the U.S. Border Patrol when a person has prior serious felony convictions, poses a threat to national security or has gang affiliations."

Tucson police to stop some immigration checks | KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona

In a related story.....BP arrest 7 previously convicted individuals over the last 2 weeks.

TUCSON - Tucson Sector Border Patrol agents arrested seven individuals with serious criminal histories, including sex with a minor and theft, over the last two weeks.

BP arrest 7 previously convicted individuals over the last 2 weeks | KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration