Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 08:00 AM

27,222 posts, read 46,877,931 times

Advertisements

What about anyone in favor for illegal immigration should in my opinion pay the bill for the illegal medical bills and other cost for benefits and cost results of uninsured driving by an illegal, etch.

That probably will result in nobody supporting illegal to come here... why should others pay for it since it is on the President and his supporters who support this. I wonder if the President will support a bill if this was the case.

I understand something needs to be done but why are legal aliens waiting for years to get through the USCIS back log now getting longer in line since it will absolutely result in longer lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 08:44 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,880,629 times
It won't work.

Liberals have always believed that everyone should be forced to pay for others lawlessness, stupidity and laziness.

Liberals do not believe in personal responsibility. To them criminals are victims of society, laziness is uncontrollable and all of Obama's detractors are racists.

We should not employ day laborers, Illegal alien landscapers, nannies and demand proof of legality from contractors.

Avoid carwashes, restaurants and vendors that employ Illegals and instead support American and LEGAL immigrant workers.

And ostracize those that support and hire Illegals.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:09 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,921,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
It won't work.

Liberals have always believed that everyone should be forced to pay for others lawlessness, stupidity and laziness.

Liberals do not believe in personal responsibility. To them criminals are victims of society, laziness is uncontrollable and all of Obama's detractors are racists.

We should not employ day laborers, Illegal alien landscapers, nannies and demand proof of legality from contractors.

Avoid carwashes, restaurants and vendors that employ Illegals and instead support American and LEGAL immigrant workers.

This. ^^^^^

Old 12-11-2014, 06:52 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,276,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
It won't work.

^^^^This times 2

Old 12-11-2014, 06:58 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,951,799 times
I'd agree but not all "liberals" support any kind of amnesty for illegal aliens. Too; many "conservatives" like their slave labor and gripe about NOT wanting to pay legal US wages here IN the US for their hired help.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:21 PM

1,059 posts, read 834,531 times
I clicked on this thread only to respond that if this came to pass, our illegal alien problem would be solved. The old saw, "Put your money where your mouth is," sums it up perfectly.

Old 12-13-2014, 12:41 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,917,027 times
I'm liberal, and totally against the "amnesty" plan. Bleeding heart, I am not. I like animals better than humans anyway. They have life a whole lot harder than we do, generally speaking.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:30 AM

24,711 posts, read 17,450,637 times
Around here (Massachusetts) we have many politicians that believe illegal aliens should be welcomed with open arms. Meanwhile many of these liberal politicians who will so warmly welcome illegals into our society live in gated communities.
It's all good as long as we do as they say and not as they do.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:29 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,541,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'd agree but not all "liberals" support any kind of amnesty for illegal aliens. Too; many "conservatives" like their slave labor and gripe about NOT wanting to pay legal US wages here IN the US for their hired help.
I'm glad you said this Packard Fan. I feel like I am the only one around here that has to bring up Conservatives being as much of the problem as anyone else.

When you look at the executive core of a business albeit: a farm, construction, car wash, restaurant, clothing maker, landscape company etc etc. that is "supporting illegals", they are definitely NOT liberals.

The liberals are more overt with their emotional support, but conservatives are profitting off illegals...thus monetarily supporting them.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:44 PM

4,610 posts, read 3,434,890 times
I'm just tired of the amnesty crowd in California then turning around and claiming to be an environmental advocate. I so wish I could find the SANDAG study that was conducted as part of the "day without immigrants" protest a few years back.

The same people in California government that order us to use special gas, special emission controls, to carpool more, to get smog checks are the same people claiming racism when too many Hispanics getting cited for their vehichle being a gross polluter.

One aspect that stood out in my mind from the SANDAG study: Based on how commuter patterns changed when the day without immigrants protest was occurring, they could cancel $9 BILLION in road improvements over the next 20 years in just San Diego County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration