Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 08:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
A lesson in irony.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is actually proud of the fact it is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

This ends today's lesson.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
Ok now, does this really need an explanation! And to everyone posting HAPPY NEW YEAR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 08:36 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
A lesson in irony.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is actually proud of the fact it is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

This ends today's lesson.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.
I'm 1 of those people who's on food stamps and I DO work for a living but my wages are low. Never thought I'd be in that spot but I am. Maybe 2015 things will get better and, I'll be a "free" man again.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:14 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Ok now, does this really need an explanation! And to everyone posting HAPPY NEW YEAR
Happy New Year, cj!

Old 01-01-2015, 12:15 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'm 1 of those people who's on food stamps and I DO work for a living but my wages are low. Never thought I'd be in that spot but I am. Maybe 2015 things will get better and, I'll be a "free" man again.
Packard fan --- Best wishes to you for a prosperous 2015!

Old 01-02-2015, 08:59 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
It's obscene that someone who works for a living has to use food stamps. Anyone who works full time should make enough money to put a roof over their head and food on the table. This country has lost its mind.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:37 AM

62,867 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
It's obscene that someone who works for a living has to use food stamps. Anyone who works full time should make enough money to put a roof over their head and food on the table. This country has lost its mind.
Agreed. Our government is more concerned about making sure that illegal foreigners have jobs and benefits that our poorer Americans are second classed citizens now begging for jobs and food stamps to exist.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:48 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Agreed. Our government is more concerned about making sure that illegal foreigners have jobs and benefits that our poorer Americans are second classed citizens now begging for jobs and food stamps to exist.
Yup, exactly. Nobody who works for a living should have to worry about where their next meal is coming from, assuming they're not blowing their paychecks on frivolous stuff.

My mom used to know a woman who sometimes didn't pay the rent because she spent the money at hair and nail salons. She didn't understand that rent, utilities, and food take top priority. She got evicted. Oh well.

For me, my mortgage, car payment, and car insurance take top priority. Without a place to live and transportation, I'm dead meat. Next are the gas, electric, and water bills. All essential. Budget for groceries ranks alongside the major utilities. Mobile phone ranks up there too. Cable/internet and credit card bills are lower on the totem pole.

So:

1.) Mortgage (property taxes are part of it), car payment, car insurance.
2.) Gas/electric/water/groceries/mobile phone
3.) Cable/internet/credit card bills/healthcare expenses
4.) Everything else.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Yup, exactly. Nobody who works for a living should have to worry about where their next meal is coming from, assuming they're not blowing their paychecks on frivolous stuff.

My mom used to know a woman who sometimes didn't pay the rent because she spent the money at hair and nail salons. She didn't understand that rent, utilities, and food take top priority. She got evicted. Oh well.

For me, my mortgage, car payment, and car insurance take top priority. Without a place to live and transportation, I'm dead meat. Next are the gas, electric, and water bills. All essential. Budget for groceries ranks alongside the major utilities. Mobile phone ranks up there too. Cable/internet and credit card bills are lower on the totem pole.

So:

1.) Mortgage (property taxes are part of it), car payment, car insurance.
2.) Gas/electric/water/groceries/mobile phone
3.) Cable/internet/credit card bills/healthcare expenses
4.) Everything else.
Rent
Utilities and NO cable TV here
Car insurance for an old car but no payments
Credit cards, which I've been yanking money off them for rent

AHCCCS covers my health care
Food stamps covers my food

I ain't happy BUT I'm looking for a better job.

Tho IMHO this mess would be easier on my mind IF we didn't have illegal aliens here with their "you owe me" attitude.

Old 01-02-2015, 03:05 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I think people in general are getting more angry. It is becoming a us against them world where the poor, down trodden, hopeless, stupid and lazy want it all without working. Look at the situation on city streets where thousands of people have been marching in support for criminals that broke the law and the police had ot stop them. The protestors are angry at authority and the authority has their hands tied by liberal politicians that appear to be intent on destroying the country and making a permanent government dependent class.
There has been a switch in this country where common sense has been set aside and the needs of the individual outweigh the rights of the many. I missed when being Illegal turned into that is Ok.
This country needs to toughen up. It won't be pretty but something needs to be done.

Old 01-02-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think people in general are getting more angry. It is becoming a us against them world where the poor, down trodden, hopeless, stupid and lazy want it all without working. Look at the situation on city streets where thousands of people have been marching in support for criminals that broke the law and the police had ot stop them. The protestors are angry at authority and the authority has their hands tied by liberal politicians that appear to be intent on destroying the country and making a permanent government dependent class.
There has been a switch in this country where common sense has been set aside and the needs of the individual outweigh the rights of the many. I missed when being Illegal turned into that is Ok.
This country needs to toughen up. It won't be pretty but something needs to be done.
Agreed. Tho to be fair I now live in a small town where most of us are "white" and, pulling the "race card" doesn't work real well. Either you're decent or you're trash here. Too; we don't have many illegal aliens here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration