Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 03:17 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I don't have Americans come into my business looking to be cooks. I have American teenagers who want to be cashiers. In my 14 years of owning a restraunt, I've never had an American ask me if he can be my cook. Let's face it, Mexicans and Central Americans do this countries dirty work. I have also worked in construction, where Americans are non-existant, except for the foreman who drives by once a day. I hire illegals because I have to, there hard good working people, they broke a law so they could provide better for themselves and their families, there's nothing wrong with that.
Interesting. In places like Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, the Dakota's, etc., there are little to no illegals in most places, yet they built homes, have restaurants, have hotel maids and everything, but according to you no Americans will do jobs like this. Fact is, you're a criminal. You advocate breaking the law as long as you think it's for a good cause. If I knew the name of your restaurant I would report you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 03:21 PM

100 posts, read 151,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Interesting. In places like Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, the Dakota's, etc., there are little to no illegals in most places, yet they built homes, have restaurants, have hotel maids and everything, but according to you no Americans will do jobs like this. Fact is, you're a criminal. You advocate breaking the law as long as you think it's for a good cause. If I knew the name of your restaurant I would report you.
Ditto! I was thinking the same thing earlier.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:20 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Guys:

I am starting to think that 'JesusisLord' may be pulling our collective legs.

Translation: he/she is does not own a business.

A real business owner if flagrantly violating the law sure as hell would not advertise that fact------time and time again.

I may be wrong.............

Old 01-11-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Guys:

I am starting to think that 'JesusisLord' may be pulling our collective legs.

Translation: he/she is does not own a business.

A real business owner if flagrantly violating the law sure as hell would not advertise that fact------time and time again.

I may be wrong.............
I'm beginning to agree with you. Let's check the IP just to make sure.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:42 PM

635 posts, read 1,747,033 times
SimpleMan there would be more illegals in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Dakotas if there was a sizeable population in these states. Wyoming is like a ghost state. With more population, comes more jobs. Less people, less jobs. There's no strong industries in these states which require illegals.

The states with the most population, have proven to have more illegals, because there are more jobs for them.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:01 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
SimpleMan there would be more illegals in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Dakotas if there was a sizeable population in these states. Wyoming is like a ghost state. With more population, comes more jobs. Less people, less jobs. There's no strong industries in these states which require illegals.

The states with the most population, have proven to have more illegals, because there are more jobs for them.
And what I'm saying is in all the states I listed the "jobs Americans don't want" are done by AMERICANS. So saying our country can't survive without illegal labor is complete BS and is your way (one of many ways) of defending your criminal behavior.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:12 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
I know teenagers that work in resturaunts. 2 of my nieces do. One of the girls who helps in my daughters dance class works at sonic. I see teens working at the taco bell down the street. I do notice more hispanic adults at the McDonalds, however, which is kind of funny. I see teenagers working at the grocery store bagging groceries and pushing carts around. Some of this problem could be solved by more parents raising their kids to do these jobs. There are lots of kids who are willing to work, but I do have to agree that some are raised never having to lift a finger for anything, and that's not doing them any favors. Oh, I saw a white guy driving a fork lift at Lowes over Christmas, another job an American won't do, huh. My brother in law hires teens and legal citizens at his landscaping company, and they must speak english.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
I know teenagers that work in resturaunts. 2 of my nieces do. One of the girls who helps in my daughters dance class works at sonic. I see teens working at the taco bell down the street. I do notice more hispanic adults at the McDonalds, however, which is kind of funny. I see teenagers working at the grocery store bagging groceries and pushing carts around. Some of this problem could be solved by more parents raising their kids to do these jobs. There are lots of kids who are willing to work, but I do have to agree that some are raised never having to lift a finger for anything, and that's not doing them any favors. Oh, I saw a white guy driving a fork lift at Lowes over Christmas, another job an American won't do, huh. My brother in law hires teens and legal citizens at his landscaping company, and they must speak english.
Exactly! I live in liberal N. CA and I know of a landscaping company here that are anti-illegal immigration activists and they won't hire illegals and are doing fine even here. So that is total bunk.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:06 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
It's 22 months later and Oklahoma enforces HR1804 very strongly. Every store and restraunt I've been to has American citizens working for them. Wal-Mart hires dis-abled American Citizens. All restraunt, big and small have American workers. All landscape services and construction sites are American owned and operated.
All except Tulsa. Tulsa still thinks it's some kind of sanctuary city.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:46 PM

335 posts, read 328,935 times
Quote:
I don't have Americans come into my business looking to be cooks. I have American teenagers who want to be cashiers. In my 14 years of owning a restraunt, I've never had an American ask me if he can be my cook. Let's face it, Mexicans and Central Americans do this countries dirty work. I have also worked in construction, where Americans are non-existant, except for the foreman who drives by once a day. I hire illegals because I have to, there hard good working people, they broke a law so they could provide better for themselves and their families, there's nothing wrong with that.
American workers do a lot of this country's dirty work too. By the way, Americans are virtually non-existent in construction because builders would rather hire illegal aliens at much cheaper wages and no benefits. It is NOT because Americans won't do construction work.

So, do you think it is OK for Americans to violate the law so they can provide better for their families? Or is it only OK for illegal aliens to violate the law so they can provide better for their families?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration