Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 07:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times

Advertisements

MADRID (AP) — The European Union is immersed in a full-fledged migration crisis.

Some officials are even floating the idea of a multinational border guard to deal with the hundreds of thousands arriving from war-torn countries like Syria, poor nations in Africa and non-EU neighbors like Kosovo.

Europe swamped with crush of migrants arriving by land, sea

NOT good tho Europe is fixin' to start playing rough with illegal aliens now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 09:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Maybe "The Camp of the Saints" was a prophecy come true.

For those that don't know about this book or what it was about:

The Camp of the Saints - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Camp of the Saints (Le Camp des saints) is a 1973 French apocalyptic novel by Jean Raspail. The novel depicts a hypothetical setting whereby Third World mass immigration to France and the West led to the destruction of Western civilization. It sparked controversial reactions ranging from prophetic to discriminatory.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:07 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,022,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
MADRID (AP) — The European Union is immersed in a full-fledged migration crisis.

Some officials are even floating the idea of a multinational border guard to deal with the hundreds of thousands arriving from war-torn countries like Syria, poor nations in Africa and non-EU neighbors like Kosovo.

I don't know - I just read today Belgium refused to issue a permit to Pegida protesters (anti-mass immigration) and fined the 200 or so who showed up anyway.

From what I can tell, it is the elites against the common people of Europe. The elites have the power, media and money - the people have numbers on their side -maybe for awhile.

Maybe I should visit Europe while it is at least nominally European.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:59 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,889,745 times
Default Just Saying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

What isa point that many are forgetting is the West, including the USA helps these poor nations in developing industry and infrastructure . These same countries waste the money and continue to have their hand out. In the mean while the people are looking for a better life.

We help these countries and in turn they put their finger up at those whom are trying to help and the local terrorist look for revenue opportunity.

I think the west including the USA and stop Illegals at the boarder and force change in those countries.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:46 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times
The Mediterranean needs mine fields, especially around the Italian peninsula. Or, simply recolonize North Africa, then build fences at the southern edge of the Saharan Desert.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:48 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Maybe I should visit Europe while it is at least nominally European.
Good idea -- you'll be able to some day tell people what it was like before it became Europistan.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:28 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
With Libya only 40 min boat ride from Italia it is so easy to get ashore and drive across all the open borders to the country of their choice.

In some parts of my home country it is like being in a different country and Dutch is not heard in these areas and better to stay away.

That is the new Europe that people are dealing with. It is very sad to see what is becoming of Europe after having grown up with parents who survived the Holocaust and instead of issues with Germans that has long gone but still in their memory it is now hiding their faith to be able to walk around the country that gave them a home to stay after WWII with no parents left, and now having to walk the streets to stay invisible to avoid issues.

That is the result after so many young Americans lost their live saving Holocaust survivors and giving their life as a hero and now it is heading to what my own family is calling WWIII which in their minds already is starting since they have the same fear as prior to WWII

Old 03-10-2015, 03:22 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,489,373 times
In 1970, I arrived at the Rome bus station from Paris as a foreign student. I remember poor East Indians sitting on small platforms with wheels begging. This was shocking to someone from the at-the-time lily white PNW. I guess it has become worse. I did get to experience the real European culture.

Last edited by xPlorer48; 03-10-2015 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: Spelling thanks ipad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration