Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 07:46 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,848,653 times

Advertisements

Gosh, awfully touchy aren't we? I didn't realize I was required to sit at my computer and wait for uninformed flamers to jump to Lou's defense. A simple google search would probably have turned them up, but that would've required some effort on your part.

However here are some examples, some even have the date citations.

On the two border guards, he has (AFAIK) NEVER pointed out that the two guards, (1) picked up their shell casings, in any police organization a violation of SOP and LAW, (2) failed to report the weapons discharge incident to their commanding officers, same thing. Knowing the ENTIRE story makes for a different read than does Lous's agit-prop.

January 17, 2008; Lou asserts that ONE HALF of Las Vegas Culinary Union members are illegal immigrants. But you fail to ask him for his "sources".

November 7, 2007; Lou asserts that "Obama is suddenly talking about his faith, something that he hasn't heretofor done". Ignoring of course Obama's 1995 Autobiography as well as other speeches he had made.

July 5, 2007; Lou asserts that "Scooter Libby had nothing to do with leaking Valerie Plames name and status as a CIA operative". Hmmm, did you not demand some source material from Lou?

Without date citations; but I'm pretty sure you've stopped reading by now because any of this is causing your hair to catch fire:

Lou asserts that a Chicago Sun-Times article "stated that (indicted businessman) Rezko had donated $168K to Obama". Except the article DIDN'T state that, it stated that he had donated $11,500 to his senatorial campaign plus another $1,000.

April 2005; Lou assets that "illegal immigrants are responsible for 7,000 cases of Leprosy (I think I said plague in the OP, my bad) when the centers for disease control has stated that in the US there have been about 900 cases in the LAST 40 YEARS.

So you see, I'm more than willing to back up what I say. I don't talk out my a** like Lou Dobbs and some of the posters here. I tend to fact check myself, it keeps me from looking like a fool, some of you might try it.

No, don't worry, no apology expected.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 05:55 AM

902 posts, read 717,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Gosh, awfully touchy aren't we? I didn't realize I was required to sit at my computer and wait for uninformed flamers to jump to Lou's defense. A simple google search would probably have turned them up, but that would've required some effort on your part.

However here are some examples, some even have the date citations.

On the two border guards, he has (AFAIK) NEVER pointed out that the two guards, (1) picked up their shell casings, in any police organization a violation of SOP and LAW, (2) failed to report the weapons discharge incident to their commanding officers, same thing. Knowing the ENTIRE story makes for a different read than does Lous's agit-prop.

January 17, 2008; Lou asserts that ONE HALF of Las Vegas Culinary Union members are illegal immigrants. But you fail to ask him for his "sources".

November 7, 2007; Lou asserts that "Obama is suddenly talking about his faith, something that he hasn't heretofor done". Ignoring of course Obama's 1995 Autobiography as well as other speeches he had made.

July 5, 2007; Lou asserts that "Scooter Libby had nothing to do with leaking Valerie Plames name and status as a CIA operative". Hmmm, did you not demand some source material from Lou?

Without date citations; but I'm pretty sure you've stopped reading by now because any of this is causing your hair to catch fire:

Lou asserts that a Chicago Sun-Times article "stated that (indicted businessman) Rezko had donated $168K to Obama". Except the article DIDN'T state that, it stated that he had donated $11,500 to his senatorial campaign plus another $1,000.

April 2005; Lou assets that "illegal immigrants are responsible for 7,000 cases of Leprosy (I think I said plague in the OP, my bad) when the centers for disease control has stated that in the US there have been about 900 cases in the LAST 40 YEARS.

So you see, I'm more than willing to back up what I say. I don't talk out my a** like Lou Dobbs and some of the posters here. I tend to fact check myself, it keeps me from looking like a fool, some of you might try it.

No, don't worry, no apology expected.

golfgod
First off, you are completely and utterly wrong.

He has many times stated and discussed the fact that the BP agents picked up the shell casings. He also has talked extensively about the agents' failure to report the whole incident to their superiors.

The part about the culinary workers in Las Vegas, he did not say for a fact that half were illegal. He said that he suspected that at least half were illegals. He is more than likely correct about that also.

Ya know, I am not going to waste my time replying to the other misstatements you have posted because you obviously have no idea what you are posting about and only post what your leaders of the pro-illegal movement had said without actual proof of any allegations. I watch his show every day and I know what he said and how he said it and you are so off the mark it isn't really funny and shows a complete lack of understanding of anything that is said on his show. Some of the stuff you state is so out of context that it makes no sense at all but then people who believe what is told to them without having any proof usually have no idea what they post about.

I would never expect any kind of apology from people who post things out of context and can't prove their points at all or who have no problem defaming someone because they disagree politically. Do yourself some good and do some actual research before posting any more dribble and showing us all how little you know about Lou Dobbs. Maybe you would like to post all about how McCain is not for amnesty and is against the illegal alien invading our country. That would be another fairy tale you could post about.

BTW, you backed up nothing whatsoever, just so you know. And you most certainly do talk out of your ***, as any can see from the above you posted.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:20 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
I too watch Lou and I have heard him speak of the shell casings, the leprosy was 7000 cases in 30 years which was confired by the cdc, that was his reporters misquote and he stated so.

Illegals, he stated he suspected they were illegals and he is probably right.

We can go on and on. Just more propaganda by pro illegals. Lou Dobbs has answered every alligation against him. Thats why you never hear it again.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:22 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Why assume I was commenting about Lous looks when I said he isnt presidential material. I could care if the Prez looks like sasquatch if hes a competent politican. The problem is finding a politican with clout that shares the views of the majority of Americans. Dobbs is angry and bitter and thinks he can change things at a whim. Thats not how it works in the executive office and on capitol hill. I like his crusade and hope he continues broadcasting and making people aware of the problems facing middle class America
If you haven't noticed. Most Americans are ANGRY and BITTER about the current status quo. Atleast Lou has the passions, all others lack to actually DO something about it!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration