Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 04:06 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,228,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Was the Soviet Union a successful merger of different countries with different peoples? I'd like to see actually one example of the type of merger you're talking about.

So -- do we get rid of the White House and Los Pinos rules over the great borderless NAU? Will the common language of this great unified place be Spanish?

Or do you envision some kind of co-ruled nation -- with both the Mexican government and the USA government having a say? Do we toss out the USA Constitution and take Mexico's? Or are both Constitutions tossed out and replaced with that NAFTA document?
Read my post; Mexico is by far the 'weak relation' in any regard in North America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 04:07 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,885,359 times
Do millions of people flee a strong country?

Mexico is very wealthy -- but how strong is it when hundreds of people ever year are dying trying to escape it? The past few years -- over 600 each year died trying to leave --- how strong can we really believe it is?

Old 01-20-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Read my post; Mexico is by far the 'weak relation' in any regard in North America.

The globalist only see the money they can make -- they don't realize that the people themselves want their own language and traditions and culture.

When the Soviet Union collapsed over a 3 day period -- the countries just went back to what they always were.

Countries are natural. Forced mergers are not. There is nothing really to tie the people of Mexico, the USA, and Canada together. In fact -- Canada still risks a language division -- with Quebec becoming an independent nation.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:12 PM

I still suspect we will see 'Manifest Destiny' when it is all said and done-------we will wind up picking up Canada and Mexico one state/province at a time.

The twin 'keystones' will be Quebec for Canada and Mexico's possible civil war between the relatively affluent northern states (Nuevo Leon, etc) and southern ones (Chiapas, etc). And; I do see a 'racial' component in Mx's dissolution.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The globalist only see the money they can make -- they don't realize that the people themselves want their own language and traditions and culture.

When the Soviet Union collapsed over a 3 day period -- the countries just went back to what they always were.

Countries are natural. Forced mergers are not. There is nothing really to tie the people of Mexico, the USA, and Canada together. In fact -- Canada still risks a language division -- with Quebec becoming an independent nation.
If Quebec did secede; the Maritime provinces would likely petition to join New England------similar culture.

British Columbia and Wash St also have a lot in common......

Then the prairie provinces would probably follow------leaving Quebec boxed in.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:28 PM

65 posts, read 192,274 times
I totally believe this could happen. Besides Lou Dobbs, Ron Paul also acknowledges it. He has mentioned the highway going from Mexico to Canada. I don't think it is just conspiracy theory (I wish it were). To me, it explains why we have not secured our borders. I think they want us to be like the EU. We are at risk of losing our sovereignty for sure.

Has anyone ever read about the CFR and their views on this? I don't know a whole lot about it but it seems that they in support of no borders and loss of sovereignty. Many of the candidates are in this organization, I think all but Romney and Paul and Hunter (who sadly is no longer in the race).

Old 01-20-2008, 06:33 PM

902 posts, read 722,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Is this just another "conspiracy" theory...I keep trying to find concrete information on the North American Union, and can't seem to find anything that's factual.
It is a fact and it is NOT a conspiracy theory. I will tell you that just because one can not find the proof that one would want at any given time does not mean that what another has said is automatically a conspiracy theory. That is said because the government wants everyone to believe that only a few people believe in conspiracies and to make it look like the others are crazy if they believe such thing, much the same as telling you that they are not allowing open borders and other such fabrications. The proof is out there and all over the net if one takes the time to look and research.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:49 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,859,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
A lot of countries south of the border are way stronger than what you think, specially Mexico, Brazil and Chile, for sure every side would loose something, but there would also be benefits about it, lets do the following give me some time and I'll think what good things could come from this.

it doesn't have to lower the standard of living of no one that's for sure otherwise what would be the point.

however imho the problems that are eroding America's standard of living have more to do with other things, like the current war, cooporate interests and evil forces in the government than with illegal immigration, for sure in all fairness illegal immigration creates problems too, but it's not the only cause
But how much of their strength is bolstered by the ill-gotten gains sent to them from the earnings of illegal aliens in the United States? Our economic stability is stressed by the things you mentioned, but in our day to day lives it is the illegal aliens that threaten our standard of living. Their lack of english, their lack of manners, their lawlessness, their lack of respect for the very country they are plundering; these are the things that I see that I feel threaten my standard of living. I don't want my country looking like downtown Tiajuana!
Today's illegal alien is not like the illegal alien of 20 years ago. The attitude has changed. Could it be because they are homeless, with even their country of origin spurning them? They used to come here wanting only to work and better themselves; now they come here with a chip on their shoulder as if we owe them something. We do not. They are not welcome here. We have our own poor unskilled and uneducated to take care of, we don't need to be the welfare plan for the countries south of the border.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I still suspect we will see 'Manifest Destiny' when it is all said and done-------we will wind up picking up Canada and Mexico one state/province at a time.

The twin 'keystones' will be Quebec for Canada and Mexico's possible civil war between the relatively affluent northern states (Nuevo Leon, etc) and southern ones (Chiapas, etc). And; I do see a 'racial' component in Mx's dissolution.
I don't know about Canada -- but I could see northern states like Mexico going the way of Texas -- first becoming independent from Mexico and then petioning to join the USA. They'd probably have to put up some kind of fight first to break off from Mexico but if so many Mexicans wish to be in the USA, that is the only realistic way for them to do it.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:38 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,503,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
Is this just another "conspiracy" theory...I keep trying to find concrete information on the North American Union, and can't seem to find anything that's factual.

The details of the NAFTA Super Highway are hidden in plan view. Still, Bush has not given speeches to bring the NAFTA Super Highway plans to the full attention of the American public. Missing in the move toward creating a North American Union is the robust public debate that preceded the decision to form the European Union. All this may be for calculated political reasons on the part of the Bush Administration.

A good reason Bush does not want to secure the border with Mexico may be that the administration is trying to create express lanes for Mexican trucks to bring containers with cheap Far East goods into the heart of the U.S., all without the involvement of any U.S. union workers on the docks or in the trucks.

Bush Administration Quietly Plans NAFTA Super Highway - HUMAN EVENTS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration