Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:56 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,509,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I think it's fair for each state forum to have it's own Immigration thread.

I've alread passed the word to some Moderators, no response yet.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/oklah...-question.html
If I recall correctly, so many Non-CA and Former CA posters were coming to the L.A. and California boards to spam illegal questions, it was filled with nothing but illegal and anti-Mexican discussion, thus invoking a mod to create this gem of a forum.

Now if everyone could leave California to the current and prospective residents, we may be able to have a sub forum under each state. However, I find that highly unlikely due to the extreme rate of CA bashing that occurs on this CD forum.

Spray your digital graffiti in your own state forum!!!

Last edited by Mach50; 01-29-2008 at 02:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 02:10 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,442,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
If I recall correctly, so many Non-CA and Former CA posters were coming to the L.A. and California boards to spam illegal questions, it was filled with nothing but illegal and anti-Mexican discussion, thus invoking a mod to create this gem of a forum.

Now if everyone could leave California to the current and prospective residents, we may be able to have a sub forum under each state. However, I find that highly unlikely due to the extreme rate of CA bashing that occurs on this CD forum.

Spray your digital graffiti in your own states forum!!!
If the Ca. state forum doesn't want a seperate immigration thread..so be it.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If the Ca. state forum doesn't want a seperate immigration thread..so be it.
I vote to keep it out of the CA forums, it becomes a downward spiral.

Just a question, why do so many folks have "formerly California" in their location? I don't see anyone running around with "formerly Illinois" or "formerly Oklahoma". I am just curious is it a badge of honor to have left or a sense of pride to have lived there, why the need to designate that?

Old 01-29-2008, 02:27 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Just rename this forum to illegal immigration, it may not be PC, but is otherwise misleading leaving it as is.
I have to agree there, Mach50.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
I vote to keep it out of the CA forums, it becomes a downward spiral.

Just a question, why do so many folks have "formerly California" in their location? I don't see anyone running around with "formerly Illinois" or "formerly Oklahoma". I am just curious is it a badge of honor to have left or a sense of pride to have lived there, why the need to designate that?
Using myself as an example:

I fled Wash DC 30 years ago for several reasons (no laws broken, nothing like that, just hated the place).........DC in retrospect was never 'home' to me. And I have yet to even visit that place since leaving in 1978.

California; in particular the Van Nuys section of Los Angeles, is my spiritual hometown. Why I say that is when i saw the San Fernando Valley for the first time back in 1980; I was enchanted---------almost as is I finally came home

In essence; many of us were 'forced out' due to the PC crap eminating from that state.

Trust me, if illegal immigrants (of all races/ethnicities were to 'disappear' tomorrow, many of us would likely return to California.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:54 PM

Much respect to you AzBear...but I hear that story all the time, I guess I don't get moving out of a state due to people moving in. Is that the whole "White Flight" thing? Why not stay in a place you like and call home, fight in the trenches for it, don't move and bomb from distance over the internet, then blame others for losing it.

Well I still don't understand the need to put "formerly _________" in your location, I have lived all around the world I don't put "formerly Azores, Portugal" in my loc and it seems to only be x-californians that do it like some badge of honor or something.

Last edited by Mach50; 01-29-2008 at 03:02 PM..

Old 01-29-2008, 03:05 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,281,711 times
Quote:
and it seems to only be x-californians that do it like some badge of honor or something.
They want to show they really do have some intelligence???

Old 01-29-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
They want to show they really do have some intelligence???
That would work, except they usually have Oklahoma, Nevada, Texas or Arizona preceding it.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:13 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,281,711 times
Quote:
That would work, except they usually have Oklahoma, Nevada, Texas or Arizona preceding it.
As I said - they got smart!

Old 01-29-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
As I said - they got smart!
I think it says "I used to be cool".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration