Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:23 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,378,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
That would work, except they usually have Oklahoma, Nevada, Texas or Arizona preceding it.
Are you trying to offend all of the residents of these states?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 09:39 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I'm almost positive it was MACH50 offended from being racially profiled because of him being hispanic, on the thread were individuals were being profiled by police looking for illegals. If I'm mistaken, then I apologize, although nothing was meant as an insult, just stating what I believe to be fact, and that is that many that come to the defense of a hispanic illegal are hispanic themselves and there views tend to come from a different, more emotional place.
Yet a Cameron Diaz; also 'Hispanic', would not likely be profiled as a 'Hispanic'.

OTOH Catherine Zeta Jones looks much more 'Latina' than Diaz despite the former being English.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:57 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,608,581 times
Welsh, Welsh, WELSH! ! ! For heavens' sake, don't offend that woman, she's "allegedly" litigious as all get out! Synopsis is too nice a moderator here to incur the wrath of that woman, however inadvertant!

I voted against the forced segregation of the topic of illegal immigration away from pertinent forums. With 300 illegals entering my locale of Los Angeles daily, their bend-over backwards accommodation within same as a so-called sanctuary city, and the neverending upward spiral of costs to pay for illegals dumped on the taxpayers, this has to be as relevant as one can get to understand why L.A. is so expensive a city to live in. L.A. has 20% middle class population, compared with 50% in most all other U.S.cities, and this is a major contributing factor. Yet there persists the gag order on our L.A. thread, and relocators won't have a clue that they'd be moving to an area where little to no English is spoken nor understood in about 40% of it.

Since I live in a moderate income area with immigrants both legal and illegal, my first hand observations could have been of use to that forum. Legal immigrants are decent people: illegals here in L.A. are probably the meanest folks I've ever encountered, whether domestically or abroad. They despise anyone not from their "home country," are misogynistic, undercut wages by being paid under the table, trash any neighborhood, incubate gangs, are deliberately cruel, and go on breaking laws here without cessation because they think they got away with a biggie getting in.

As a Los Angeles resident, I've had my cars totalled by illegals (verified by police) who were driving without licenses, been spat on by them as I walk by (I'm a middle-aged woman), and been overpowered by them at hospitals- my ambulance drivers for one of those wrecks was calling frantically to find an open E.R.- so many have closed from illegals using them for non-emergencies, with concomitant non-payments. Illegals have shot through the fence at my nice dogs, and vandalize property around here endlessly. Illegals badly affect the quality of life for the non-rich in my city. It should be known as a factor for relocators.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:03 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,153,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
Welsh, Welsh, WELSH! ! ! For heavens' sake, don't offend that woman, she's "allegedly" litigious as all get out! Synopsis is too nice a moderator here to incur the wrath of that woman, however inadvertant!

I voted against the forced segregation of the topic of illegal immigration away from pertinent forums. With 300 illegals entering my locale of Los Angeles daily, their bend-over backwards accommodation within same as a so-called sanctuary city, and the neverending upward spiral of costs to pay for illegals dumped on the taxpayers, this has to be as relevant as one can get to understand why L.A. is so expensive a city to live in. L.A. has 20% middle class population, compared with 50% in most all other U.S.cities, and this is a major contributing factor. Yet there persists the gag order on our L.A. thread, and relocators won't have a clue that they'd be moving to an area where little to no English is spoken nor understood in about 40% of it.

Since I live in a moderate income area with immigrants both legal and illegal, my first hand observations could have been of use to that forum. Legal immigrants are decent people: illegals here in L.A. are probably the meanest folks I've ever encountered, whether domestically or abroad. They despise anyone not from their "home country," are misogynistic, deliberately cruel, and go on breaking laws here without cessation because they think they got away with a biggie getting in.
OK: how about British? Wales is a part of Great Britain along with Scotland and Northern Ireland Besides: all of 'em are Anglo here----even Alfred Molina!

As for the rest of your post: I agree 100%----------California is way overdue for a housecleanin' of illegals and their damn enablers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration