Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 11:41 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
By virtue of being American born, anchor babies are entitled to welfare benefits.

Everyone knows better though except those that try to stretch the truth.
Anchor baby sure is a misnomer in reality they don't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 12:51 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
And yet, when I get my library renewed, I have to show my driver's license. Books, provided by taxpayers, that I return.

I have to renew my library card every year. And, speaking of libraries, "my" library is beautiful and it's updated all the time. They have a soundproof childrens library there. They just do what they can to please everyone. Well, now we are having quite the surge in residents using our library. I can't swear they are illegal, but as I always say, they can barely speak broken English. So, it's like they bring their many kids to the library to play! They run around screaming, playing in the Adults and YA libraries. Our librarians try to shush them, but they ignore them, and so do their parents! A lot of the time their parents are just sitting in the reading areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Not according to Obama, illegal kids being allowed to attend public schools dates back to 1982. Agree or disagree with that, this is not a new thing. When my kid entered K, I took advantage of them not requiring a social, always left that blank on school papers because I'm (rightly) very protective of our social security numbers. We are citizens (I'm an anglo 5th generation Texan).
I didn't know that. I just remember him saying they may not have papers, but everyone deserves an education, and he's so good at blaming everyone else for everything, even if he said it, I probably wouldn't believe him.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:16 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
and most people say "No, they can't get these". I've said they're not supposed to, but, they do. They get everything, believe me. They have been for a long time.

Judicial Watch Uncovers USDA Records Sponsoring U.S. Food Stamp Program for Illegal Aliens - Judicial Watch

Some people get so many, they send the food "home" to relatives in another country! It's so irresponsible to let these issues continue. They should be ashamed of themselves. Our government and Mexico's government!

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch today released documents detailing how the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is working with the Mexican government to promote participation by illegal aliens in the U.S. food stamp program.
The promotion of the food stamp program, now known as “SNAP” (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), includes a [scribd]137989529[/scribd]Spanish-language flyer provided to the Mexican Embassy by the USDA [/url]with a statement advising Mexicans in the U.S. that they do not need to declare their immigration status in order to receive financial assistance. Emphasized in bold and underlined, the statement reads, “You need not divulge information regarding your immigration status in seeking this benefit for your children.”
The documents came in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request made to USDA on July 20, 2012. The FOIA request sought: “Any and all records of communication relating to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) to Mexican Americans, Mexican nationals, and migrant communities, including but not limited to, communications with the Mexican government
The problem is that the great majority of government employees -- federal, state, local -- are Democrats and liberals who support illegal immigration.

Even if they work under conservative Republican political leaders, they go ahead and carry out their anti-American agenda anyway.

With ironclad civil service protections, they can't be fired.

This is why conservatives call for smaller government -- the smaller the better.

If Trump gets elected, I hope he uses his executive powers to simply close most federal agencies and replace them with new ones -- and new people, who won't sell this country out to terrorists, traitors, criminals and illegal aliens.

Old 11-29-2015, 01:31 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
I didn't know that. I just remember him saying they may not have papers, but everyone deserves an education, and he's so good at blaming everyone else for everything, even if he said it, I probably wouldn't believe him. [/quote]

It's a federal law dating waaaaay back before his time. Possibly some didn't know because the states they live in weren't dealing with it at that time. I don't know. There are two ways to look at it, and I'm not sure where I stand. One belief, it's absolutely wrong and these kids shouldn't be in school. My property taxes in Texas are enormous and our schools are overwhelmed. Really, it's very frustrating. The other, they're here and it might be better that they are getting educated rather than having generation upon generation of uneducated kids, and the generations born here ARE eligible for public assistance. No easy answers.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:36 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I didn't know that. I just remember him saying they may not have papers, but everyone deserves an education, and he's so good at blaming everyone else for everything, even if he said it, I probably wouldn't believe him.

It's a federal law dating waaaaay back before his time. Possibly some didn't know because the states they live in weren't dealing with it at that time. I don't know. There are two ways to look at it, and I'm not sure where I stand. One belief, it's absolutely wrong and these kids shouldn't be in school. My property taxes in Texas are enormous and our schools are overwhelmed. Really, it's very frustrating. The other, they're here and it might be better that they are getting educated rather than having generation upon generation of uneducated kids, and the generations born here ARE eligible for public assistance. No easy answers.[/quote]

This has been the result of not enforcing our immigration laws though. If our government started enforcing them then all this would go away and not be an issue in the first place.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:08 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
and most people say "No, they can't get these". I've said they're not supposed to, but, they do. They get everything, believe me. They have been for a long time.

Judicial Watch Uncovers USDA Records Sponsoring U.S. Food Stamp Program for Illegal Aliens - Judicial Watch

Some people get so many, they send the food "home" to relatives in another country! It's so irresponsible to let these issues continue. They should be ashamed of themselves. Our government and Mexico's government!

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch today released documents detailing how the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is working with the Mexican government to promote participation by illegal aliens in the U.S. food stamp program.
The promotion of the food stamp program, now known as “SNAP” (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), includes a [scribd]137989529[/scribd]Spanish-language flyer provided to the Mexican Embassy by the USDA [/url]with a statement advising Mexicans in the U.S. that they do not need to declare their immigration status in order to receive financial assistance. Emphasized in bold and underlined, the statement reads, “You need not divulge information regarding your immigration status in seeking this benefit for your children.”
The documents came in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request made to USDA on July 20, 2012. The FOIA request sought: “Any and all records of communication relating to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) to Mexican Americans, Mexican nationals, and migrant communities, including but not limited to, communications with the Mexican government

Lol, not exactly a big surprise when case/eligibility workers are instructed not to inquire about citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration