Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 08:14 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,379,906 times

Advertisements

and most people say "No, they can't get these". I've said they're not supposed to, but, they do. They get everything, believe me. They have been for a long time.

Judicial Watch Uncovers USDA Records Sponsoring U.S. Food Stamp Program for Illegal Aliens - Judicial Watch

Some people get so many, they send the food "home" to relatives in another country! It's so irresponsible to let these issues continue. They should be ashamed of themselves. Our government and Mexico's government!

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch today released documents detailing how the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is working with the Mexican government to promote participation by illegal aliens in the U.S. food stamp program.
The promotion of the food stamp program, now known as “SNAP” (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), includes a [scribd]137989529[/scribd]Spanish-language flyer provided to the Mexican Embassy by the USDA [/url]with a statement advising Mexicans in the U.S. that they do not need to declare their immigration status in order to receive financial assistance. Emphasized in bold and underlined, the statement reads, “You need not divulge information regarding your immigration status in seeking this benefit for your children.”
The documents came in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request made to USDA on July 20, 2012. The FOIA request sought: “Any and all records of communication relating to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) to Mexican Americans, Mexican nationals, and migrant communities, including but not limited to, communications with the Mexican government
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 09:27 PM

24,539 posts, read 17,291,517 times
It happens and it is not right but what can we do? Americans by nature are kind hearted and it may be our undoing. We can't just stop giving aide to people who need it. Some may get tough on it but just a few photos of starving kids will sway public opinion that the "some" are monsters.

I do hope the next President will get tough on illegals and stop even more from strolling across the border and getting in line for the handouts that many citizens need.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:48 PM

I know Cape Cod Tom. I've done all I know to do by keeping in touch with my Congressmen, and complaining about what they said they would do if we could just get the GOP in control, and how they've caved into him on everything except gun control, and now, IF this is true, that he can't put the Gitmo prisoners here in the U.S. I don't trust any of them anymore.

The above article was put out in 2013, and this is the first time I've seen or heard of it, so, again, I'm sure our leaders don't really care. It's disgusting and should be stopped immediately, but, it hasn't because we live in obamination, where criminals aren't accountable for their crimes. They're actually rewarded for them.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:47 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,018,342 times
I heard recently that the Obama administration even placed paid ads in Mexican newspapers advertising for Mexicans to come to the US and get free food, housing, money, jobs, etc.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,924,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
I heard recently that the Obama administration even placed paid ads in Mexican newspapers advertising for Mexicans to come to the US and get free food, housing, money, jobs, etc.
Tho to be fair: maybe a Mexican group did what you just said and, are trying to pawn this off on Obama.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:43 PM

2,293 posts, read 3,948,852 times
By virtue of being American born, anchor babies are entitled to welfare benefits.

Old 11-14-2015, 09:39 PM

7,522 posts, read 5,768,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It happens and it is not right but what can we do? Americans by nature are kind hearted and it may be our undoing. We can't just stop giving aide to people who need it. Some may get tough on it but just a few photos of starving kids will sway public opinion that the "some" are monsters.

I do hope the next President will get tough on illegals and stop even more from strolling across the border and getting in line for the handouts that many citizens need.
It has nothing to do with Americans and everything to do with democrats buying votes. Anyone who can't figure this out is a complete moron. Hell, at least one democratic senator admitted it for Christ's sake.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:20 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,302,741 times
And yet, when I get my library renewed, I have to show my driver's license. Books, provided by taxpayers, that I return.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
And yet, when I get my library renewed, I have to show my driver's license. Books, provided by taxpayers, that I return.
Like I've said before, it's easier for a terrorist to get into the U.S., than it is for a 4 year old to get into Pre-K. I'm not exaggerating one bit. Unless, it's an illegal going into Pre-K. Then they don't have to show papers because "everyone deserves an education", according to Obama.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:15 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,514,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Like I've said before, it's easier for a terrorist to get into the U.S., than it is for a 4 year old to get into Pre-K. I'm not exaggerating one bit. Unless, it's an illegal going into Pre-K. Then they don't have to show papers because "everyone deserves an education", according to Obama.
Not according to Obama, illegal kids being allowed to attend public schools dates back to 1982. Agree or disagree with that, this is not a new thing. When my kid entered K, I took advantage of them not requiring a social, always left that blank on school papers because I'm (rightly) very protective of our social security numbers. We are citizens (I'm an anglo 5th generation Texan).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration