Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2007, 04:07 PM
JD. JD. started this thread

199 posts, read 487,751 times

Advertisements

Well, I had a hunch that those raids and crackdowns a few months ago were nothing but fluff. The following article is just proof that all the business raids and deportations in the months before the amnesty bill mades its way to the floor of the Senate were nothing but a STUNT.

National Guard To Withdraw Half Of Its Forces Assisting U.S. Border Patrol

Matthew Borghese - AHN News Writer
Washington, D.C. (AHN) - The National Guard will slash the number of troops stationed along the U.S.-Mexico border in half, according to a new deployment order.

The Pentagon will cut the number of soldiers assisting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency from 6,000 to 3,000, following a surge put in place by President George Bush last year to help combat illegal immigration and the drug trade.

President Bush initiated "Operation Jump Start" which put a mostly volunteer force along the 2,000-mile-long border with Mexico. The troops helped take care of administrative duties, freeing up Border Protection agents to keep vigil and make arrests.

National Guard Bureau spokesman Army Maj. David Kolarik said that the deployment "was never meant to be a permanent solution."

"It was just an intermediate measure to provide support for border security efforts until they brought the additional resources and personnel in line that they needed," Major Kolarik said.

Link:AHN | National Guard To Withdraw Half Of Its Forces Assisting U.S. Border Patrol | July 15, 2007 (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007872522 - broken link)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well folks, contrary to popular belief, according to Major Kolarik, they really have brought the additional resources and personnel that we need to the border. Yeah right. Washinton DC can now resume sticking it's head in the sand, because they have no intention of fixing our broken borders. Now that the Grand Bargain is dead there is no reason to resurrect the dog and pony show, so slowly it will be business as usual at the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 05:22 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,129 times
I was expecting this. I'm actually surprised it took this long to pull them off. It was a half hearted effort anyway. We need about fifty-thousand US army regulars down there.

With five-thousand to ten-thousand illegal aliens sneaking across the border every single day, the measly four to five-hundred arrests they were making at the work sites each month were nothing but window dressing as well. Especially considering that they were releasing half of them almost immediately anyway due to the anchor babies.

Bush should be impeached. He is deliberately leaving out border wide open and it's resulting in Americans dying. Unfortunately, the democrats control the Congress and they want the illegal aliens here more than republicans do.

Good article JD.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:05 PM
JD. JD. started this thread

199 posts, read 487,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I was expecting this. I'm actually surprised it took this long to pull them off. It was a half hearted effort anyway. We need about fifty-thousand US army regulars down there.

With five-thousand to ten-thousand illegal aliens sneaking across the border every single day, the measly four to five-hundred arrests they were making at the work sites each month were nothing but window dressing as well. Especially considering that they were releasing half of them almost immediately anyway due to the anchor babies.

Bush should be impeached. He is deliberately leaving out border wide open and it's resulting in Americans dying. Unfortunately, the democrats control the Congress and they want the illegal aliens here more than republicans do.

Good article JD.
Exactly. Both parties are drooling to see who can get the 'illegal' vote the fastest (kind of an oxymoron). It's just dissappointing that their ploy to get us to buy into their immigration reform was so transparent. Glad others see the light.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:54 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,597 times
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD. View Post
Exactly. Both parties are drooling to see who can get the 'illegal' vote the fastest (kind of an oxymoron). It's just dissappointing that their ploy to get us to buy into their immigration reform was so transparent. Glad others see the light.
i didnt know this until reading it. Please pass on to numbers usa for more press...

Old 07-16-2007, 03:43 PM

159 posts, read 810,718 times
Well, I'm not surprised either but did you know those same National guardsmen and women were not allowed to carry any weapons? They
were just there to be the "eyes and ears" for border guards and call if
they saw something... it was fake to begin with. Our President could care less about the people he
represents....it's all about globalization and big money to him.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:49 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,088,930 times
The illegals and illegal drug smugglers are using 'other' trails where border patrol is not watching, reported by MSN. Drug smugglers take illegals hostage charging them and their coyotes more money, then tell them when they can go ahead using them as distractions to border patrol.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:07 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,594 times
Default Not One More Dollar

Not One More Dollar

Last edited by junkman18; 09-03-2007 at 09:25 AM..

Old 07-23-2007, 06:44 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post

Good article JD.
I hope to see fifty-thousand US army regulars on the border someday but when??

Old 02-25-2008, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,459 times
Guys, I am debating, my partner came up with the case for militarizing the border. I have found a little on both sides, but I can't find out why all the troops were taken off, do you guys have any articles on that? Oh, side thing, where is a good place to look for news like that in the first place.
Thanks for any help,
Sean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration