Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 01:53 AM

22,501 posts, read 12,045,965 times

Advertisements

U.S. plans raids to deport families who surged across border

From the article:

The ICE operation would target only adults and children who have already been ordered removed from the United States by an immigration judge, according to officials familiar with the undertaking, who spoke on condition of anonymity because planning is ongoing and the operation has not been given final approval by DHS. The adults and children would be detained wherever they can be found and immediately deported. The number targeted is expected to be in the hundreds and possibly greater.

------------------------------

I can't help but be cynical about the timing of this. It seems to be an attempt by the democrats to try and show voters that they are doing something about this problem. After all, Trump and Cruz have been talking about deporting illegals and getting positive responses from voters.

I don't trust the democrats when it comes to this issue. After all, they are the ones pushing the hardest for amnesty and sanctuary cities. Plus they don't want to secure the border. I hope that voters will keep this in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 02:18 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,927,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
U.S. plans raids to deport families who surged across border

From the article:

The ICE operation would target only adults and children who have already been ordered removed from the United States by an immigration judge, according to officials familiar with the undertaking, who spoke on condition of anonymity because planning is ongoing and the operation has not been given final approval by DHS. The adults and children would be detained wherever they can be found and immediately deported. The number targeted is expected to be in the hundreds and possibly greater.

------------------------------

I can't help but be cynical about the timing of this. It seems to be an attempt by the democrats to try and show voters that they are doing something about this problem. After all, Trump and Cruz have been talking about deporting illegals and getting positive responses from voters.

I don't trust the democrats when it comes to this issue. After all, they are the ones pushing the hardest for amnesty and sanctuary cities. Plus they don't want to secure the border. I hope that voters will keep this in mind.
Def weird since the Dems wanna keep illegals in the US. Tho maybe things are fixing to change, especially with all the stuff happening in Europe with "refugees".

Old 12-24-2015, 06:19 AM

17,356 posts, read 11,326,456 times
I'll believe it when it happens. One can only hope.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:45 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,567,149 times
Obama and the DOJ will find a way to lie about the numbers and process to make themselves look good without actually doing something/anything. It is what they do.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:02 PM

25,999 posts, read 22,192,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Obama and the DOJ will find a way to lie about the numbers and process to make themselves look good without actually doing something/anything. It is what they do.
That's true. But, I still think it is good news. It is better than talking about amnesty which brings in thousands more in addition to the thousands coming in each month illegally. I'll take what I can get to tide us over until we just do it.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:33 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,230,806 times
Just like the DOD meeting and ramp up against ISIS. They were always "planned for some time" despite the political timing. A mere coincidence.

That being said, I support this.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:13 PM

589 posts, read 300,793 times
"....“I’ll believe it when I see it,” said Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies. “What share is this going to be?. . . It’s a drop in the bucket compared to the number they’ve admitted into the country. If you have photogenic raids on a few dozen illegal families and that’s the end of it, it’s just for show. It’s just a [public relations] thing, enforcement theater.”.... "

Although, it maybe good news, I agree with the above one hundred percent. More then likely, it's all a show. However, if there were TRULY serious about deporting them, they should regroup everyone that is at the detention center and drive them back waaay south of the border and the Fed Gov't, especially THIS administration, needs STOP AIDING them here. The Feds know human trafficking is a crime so they should stop doing it. Also, take all the incentives away.

Just a ploy to make this administration look like they are actually doing the right thing but you can bet the traitor and his administration is just trying to cover his own butt but we all know once a traitor always a traitor and once a liar, always a liar. The worst and anti-American POTUS in my lifetime for sure.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:55 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,567,149 times
Just saw a news story stating that in fact the Obama administration has deported the fewest illegals in the last 10 years. I believe, but don't have the actual article to post, that it was in Newsmax.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:49 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,181,679 times
It's interesting that both sides are talking about it but as we've seen in the past both sides have refused to do anything about it. We need to secure our borders ASAP and that's where we should be spending our resources.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:53 AM

30,678 posts, read 18,307,542 times
I'm less concerned about the timing and more concerned about the fact that this plan was leaked to the press by those within the administration. It would seem to me that if you were actually serious about deporting these families then you wouldn't give them advance notice of the deportation via leaking news of the operation to the press.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration