Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2016, 09:56 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,991,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
ditto.

I see they did not do this in Europe, and now Europeans are getting murdered by illegal immigrants.-They are told that they are xenophobic and intolerant, although it is the immigrants who are actually being intolerant. The citizens are getting fed up because they are not being defended by their OWN leaders. It is insanity, of course.

our media doesn't cover any of it, interestingly enough, but we do have foreign newspapers and the internet to warn us.

just one story of one beautiful girl murdered, among many

Immigrant Murder, Violence, Sexual Assaults Overwhelm Sweden With 80,000 Set To Be Deported

here's one where an immigrant raped a 10 year old boy because it was a "sexual emergency"

Iraqi migrant raped a 10-year-old boy at a swimming pool in Vienna | Daily Mail Online
Europe is finished. I feel sorry for the Europeans. They allowed it to happen though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The "coincidence" is based on several things:
  1. Independence for countries demonstrably not ready for self-rule;
  2. Misery created by the "governments" of these newly-independent countries;
  3. The information revolution which provides images of life in the West with the insinuation that generous governments will make that life available for free;
  4. The availability of at least some free benefits; and
  5. The refusal of the politically correct chattering class to make clear that these people will be very disappointed in what they find.
Back in the day, immigrants did learn of the Americas. The ads represented that the "streets were paved with gold." When they came they found they were more often at work paving those streets. But back then there was much less of a "redistribution" or "welfare" ethic than there is now. So most really understood they would have to learn a new language and work rather hard. Also, keeping in touch with their "home country" was either impossible or impossibly expensive.

Now relatively cheap travel and often free communication upends all of that. A few go. More follow. And anyone in the West that really wants to put a stop to it is branded an extremist, a nut, a right-winger, etc.
Really good and astute points.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:50 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Huh, sorry to hit a nerve but you are wrong as sin.

I am a Caucasian American veteran. I have never been to India in my life and have little desire to go. I like Indians but I don't like it that we import them to take American IT jobs.

Eastern Europeans are often criminals and fraudsters; they do that nonsense in their home country and bring that mess over here. I don't care about racism. Nice try to erect a phony straw man.

I also hate how you people try to divide a wedge between my real American brothers of all colors by trying claim white unity. Is your mom that nutty Moldovan who tried to sue POTUS because she said he wasnt an American in her barely audible English.

A lack of respect for American values is what brings us down. In Russia you have to be corrupt to survive; in the USA we don't generally have street level corruption.

Your post about applying for a visa under fraudulent pretenses is ridiculous. Anyone who applies anywhere for a visa goes through a consular interview--mexicans too. You don't need to speak English to get a US visa. Man, you are really uninformed.

All illegals should be sent back: Mexican or former Euro Commies. The Irish can stay though. Never met an Irishman I didn't like...lol
ALL illegal aliens need to leave the US; even those from Ireland illegally and, I'm of Irish family.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:49 PM

50,371 posts, read 47,120,861 times
Quote:
Bro, i think that more Mexicans are her illegally than white people--or at least a greater percentage.

The white people who are here illegally do so more through higher level scams--false marriages, lying in visa applications, bs asylum claims while the mexicans just hop the border.
Most just over stay their visas. They don't need any "higher level scam". It's really that simple. We don't even bother looking for them anymore.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:31 PM

22,484 posts, read 12,029,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
ALL illegal aliens need to leave the US; even those from Ireland illegally and, I'm of Irish family.
^I agree---and so does my half Irish husband

Old 02-12-2016, 03:38 PM

35,122 posts, read 17,071,355 times
Quote:
Quote:
The "coincidence" is based on several things:
  1. Independence for countries demonstrably not ready for self-rule;
  2. Misery created by the "governments" of these newly-independent countries;
  3. The information revolution which provides images of life in the West with the insinuation that generous governments will make that life available for free;
  4. The availability of at least some free benefits; and
  5. The refusal of the politically correct chattering class to make clear that these people will be very disappointed in what they find.
Back in the day, immigrants did learn of the Americas. The ads represented that the "streets were paved with gold." When they came they found they were more often at work paving those streets. But back then there was much less of a "redistribution" or "welfare" ethic than there is now. So most really understood they would have to learn a new language and work rather hard. Also, keeping in touch with their "home country" was either impossible or impossibly expensive.

Now relatively cheap travel and often free communication upends all of that. A few go. More follow. And anyone in the West that really wants to put a stop to it is branded an extremist, a nut, a right-winger, etc.
Really good and astute points.
I appreciate the praise and am repping you. Most of these points should be obvious. I only hope that Hilary or Bernie doesn't win or we may go down the same road. Obamacare is shure a good start.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Most just over stay their visas. They don't need any "higher level scam". It's really that simple. We don't even bother looking for them anymore.
I guess you are right.

I mean that by lying to a consular officer and making false declarations about your immigration intentions (i.e saying you want to visit Disneyland when in fact you want to move to the USA) it's more sophisticated that just hoping the border.

I hope that you see my point and will agree with me. Although I guess paying a coyote is requires premeditation too--although one involves blatantly violating the law and the other involves manipulation and fraud and lying.

There is also a huge underground illegal network that perpetuates the mockery of our immigration laws that exists within the communities of the former Eastern Bloc. Any Latino that has money to arrange sham marriages is likely wealthy enough to get a visa the legal way.

Honestly, if you can pay an immigration lawyer 10k a year he can figure out a way to extend your stay in the USA for a few years.

Old 02-12-2016, 04:08 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,368,962 times
Quote:
Bro, i think that more Mexicans are her illegally than white people--or at least a greater percentage.

The white people who are here illegally do so more through higher level scams--false marriages, lying in visa applications, bs asylum claims while the mexicans just hop the border.
That refers to the Hispanics engaged in home building. There certainly are some illegals...but they are a small minority. Most of the present Hispanic home constructors have gotten to legal status. There may always be a brother in law or two who are not...but the system runs off legal workers. One of the reasons it is very difficult to stop illegal Hispanic from working in construction. They are embedded in a set of legal workers. And an outsider is very unlikely to be able to tell who is who.

Removal of illegals is somewhere between hopelessly impractical and impossible. As we will find out if we ever actually try. Not likely to ever happen though as those opposed simply lack the support needed to ever try such a task.

And it is not a question that laws are not being enforced. Any law that is not fully funded is effectively repealed for that part which is unfunded. So basically we do not have any significant immigration laws that would apply to our illegal population.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:29 PM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
That refers to the Hispanics engaged in home building. There certainly are some illegals...but they are a small minority. Most of the present Hispanic home constructors have gotten to legal status. There may always be a brother in law or two who are not...but the system runs off legal workers. One of the reasons it is very difficult to stop illegal Hispanic from working in construction. They are embedded in a set of legal workers. And an outsider is very unlikely to be able to tell who is who.

Removal of illegals is somewhere between hopelessly impractical and impossible. As we will find out if we ever actually try. Not likely to ever happen though as those opposed simply lack the support needed to ever try such a task.

And it is not a question that laws are not being enforced. Any law that is not fully funded is effectively repealed for that part which is unfunded. So basically we do not have any significant immigration laws that would apply to our illegal population.
All that needs to be done is to mandate e-verify in every workplace, deny them benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids. Many if not most will leave on their own. Stop giving them stays of deportation and enforce the laws on the books instead. It isn't impractical nor is it impossible. We just need to elect politicians that care enough about this country and its citizens to make this all happen. I don't have a defeatist attitude about this. Where there is a will there is a way.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:48 PM

35,122 posts, read 17,071,355 times
Quote:
Hey all you got to do is click your heels three times and they are gone.....But in the meantime keep clicking...it will give you something to do.
Moving 11 million people rapidly would be quite a challenge. Especially finding them first.

Quote:
Laws not fully funded are not operative. The immigrations laws are likely funded at less than 10% of what it would take. So 90% non operative.
I have had this conversation before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Quote:
I didn't say I was a conservative.

What I am saying is that if you ask most conservatives if they would be willing to spend, say, 10 billion a year to beef up the immigration courts (and the amount may well be more) they'd look at you like you have horns.
I didn't say you were a conservative as obviously you are not. You said that all the conservatives you have spoken with don't want to foot the bill to deport illegal aliens. That's simply not true. You can't possibly have spoken to every conservative in this country. We know what the costs are of allowing them to remain here vs the costs of deporting them and deporting them would be the most cost effective even Homeland Security has stated that but there is an alternative solution which I already posted about.
The net result is that people like to talk a good game about immigration but don't want their own taxes raised to enforce the laws.

It's the same with other subjects. When drug crimes are the subject of the day politicians pass laws increasing sentences but do nothing to beef up enforcement. When there's a hair-raising auto accident at 100 miles an hour on a secondary road, the reaction is to lower the speed limit (even though the car was going well in excess of any posted limit). There's never talk of stricter enforcement. So it is with immigration now. There's lots of breast-beating about illegal immigration. But where's the support for what would be effective? That would be to provide extremely rapid deportation hearings upon an illegal being caught. There's no reason why the hearing couldn't take place in four to six weeks, with the illegal confined in the meantime, other than judicial backlog or judicial laziness.

Quote:
There is no substantial support to change birthright citizenship. The nasty Americans simply don't agree with you. Maybe you can start you own country.

Makes no difference who you elect you will get the same outcome. There is no will to deport the illegals.
Part of the problem there is that no one trusts what would happen with a Constitutional Convention. Amendments are correctly distrusted and rare.

Quote:
Should have happened many years ago. So go spit on Reagan's grave.
Let's be honest. Most people can well live with illegal Mexican immigrants. Things get dicier when talking about immigrants from the Middle East. These are people who are, in a significant minority of the cases, violent. Much higher than among Mexicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration