Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 11:57 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

Good grief...trump will NOT be president, and never a wall.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 05-17-2016 at 12:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 12:12 PM

1,166 posts, read 754,663 times
The wall will never be built and anyone with a speck of common sense knows this. Just some of the problems that will have to be dealt with prior to any actual building taking place:

1. Funding - it will cost a significant amount of money, getting a divided Congress to pass a bill in both houses that a President would sign is next to impossible.

2. Private property acquisition/eminent domain - large amounts of private land will need to be purchased either through individual deals with landowners or by using the eminent domain powers of the fed and state governments - even if nobody objects (not realistic), working out the deals would take years. Add some court cases into the mix and you are talking decades.

3. Lawsuits galore - Landowners that don't want to give up their property, businesses that will be impacted by the construction/lack of crossing areas, foreign governments, etc., the project would be delayed by an endless parade of civil suits and appeals.

4. Environmental issues - Getting the permits and approvals from fed/state/local governments would be an enormous task.

5. Construction - as another poster mentioned, you are talking about building several hundred miles of wall in some of the most desolate and difficult terrain on the planet, with no existing infrastructure to move materials and labor to the jobsites. Logistically, it will be like building an apartment building on Mars

6. Sabotage/Protests - It is impossible even with the combined efforts of Border Patrol/LEO to control the area in which the wall will be built. And that is just managing the border crossings, both legal and illegal. Without a massive expansion in the LEO resources deployed to that area, the wall would be damaged and destroyed quicker than it could be built and repaired.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:48 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Trump will build the Wall by mixing caliche soil with the infinite quantity of BS he has already spewed across the nation.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:59 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,297,842 times
The "wall/fence" has been authorized for many years. This isn't a new concept, and it certainly isn't Trump's idea.

Old 05-17-2016, 02:19 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,427,778 times
I agree with following and I support Trump for President 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan551 View Post
The National Border Patrol Council endorsed Trump. First time they've ever endorsed anyone in a primary, close to 17,000 members. Here's their statement:

March 30, 2016

The National Border Patrol Council is the official organization representing our nation’s Border Patrol Agents. We represent 16,500 agents who selflessly serve this country in an environment where our own political leaders try to keep us from doing our jobs.Moderator cut: quote shortened, please provide a link to the original source

Last edited by Yac; 05-18-2016 at 03:44 AM..

Old 05-17-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Trump will build the Wall by mixing caliche soil with the infinite quantity of BS he has already spewed across the nation.
He was caught on open mic saying he wasn't going to build any wall, and he wasn't going to deport anybody. This, a couple of weeks ago or so, to the New York Times. The story got scant coverage.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:02 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
He was caught on open mic saying he wasn't going to build any wall, and he wasn't going to deport anybody. This, a couple of weeks ago or so, to the New York Times. The story got scant coverage.

Link, please.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:10 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Link, please.
I'm waiting on that link also.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:38 PM

22,452 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
The wall will never be built and anyone with a speck of common sense knows this. Just some of the problems that will have to be dealt with prior to any actual building taking place:

1. Funding - it will cost a significant amount of money, getting a divided Congress to pass a bill in both houses that a President would sign is next to impossible.

2. Private property acquisition/eminent domain - large amounts of private land will need to be purchased either through individual deals with landowners or by using the eminent domain powers of the fed and state governments - even if nobody objects (not realistic), working out the deals would take years. Add some court cases into the mix and you are talking decades.

3. Lawsuits galore - Landowners that don't want to give up their property, businesses that will be impacted by the construction/lack of crossing areas, foreign governments, etc., the project would be delayed by an endless parade of civil suits and appeals.

4. Environmental issues - Getting the permits and approvals from fed/state/local governments would be an enormous task.

5. Construction - as another poster mentioned, you are talking about building several hundred miles of wall in some of the most desolate and difficult terrain on the planet, with no existing infrastructure to move materials and labor to the jobsites. Logistically, it will be like building an apartment building on Mars

6. Sabotage/Protests - It is impossible even with the combined efforts of Border Patrol/LEO to control the area in which the wall will be built. And that is just managing the border crossings, both legal and illegal. Without a massive expansion in the LEO resources deployed to that area, the wall would be damaged and destroyed quicker than it could be built and repaired.
#1. Trump has already said how the wall will be funded. Do some research. Besides, whatever it costs to build it, it will be well worth the money, as illegals are parasites who are a drain on this country.

#2. The ranchers along the border have been begging for a wall, as they are tired of being terrorized by illegals. Doubt it? Do some research. When the minutemen would watch the border, they were told by the ranchers that it was the first time in a long time they got a good night's sleep.

#3. See #2

#4. Congress already approved the wall.

#5. Where the wall will be built won't be along "the most desolate and difficult terrain on the planet". Those areas won't have a wall as crossing them is near impossible.

#6. When a wall was built along the San Diego/Tijuana border, I didn't recall hearing about any protests or sabotage.

We, as a nation, have a right to protect our borders. A wall is necessary as we don't have enough manpower to properly cover it all. For an example, some years back, our daughter and son-in-law went to a job fair held by the BP. The agent they talked to didn't mince words. They were told that they would be on the graveyard shift and if they needed back-up, it wouldn't be there quickly as they would be the only agent on patrol on a 70-mile stretch.

I have to wonder why anyone would be so vehemently against protecting our borders and I question what their dog is in this fight.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I'm waiting on that link also.
Sorry, I have no link. But I did hear the audio. Rush played it, to name just one. I'm sure you don't believe it though. Not my problem.

Okay, I looked it up in my personal files where I note such things. It was on Rush's May 2 broadcast, and he played the clip on-air.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 05-18-2016 at 07:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration