Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 08:51 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,089,092 times

Advertisements

Now, some sanctuary cities may not come under the reason discussed here, but Seattle sure did.

On public radio they interviewed a politician in Seattle. He went down the list about the benefits offered to the illegal aliens and how they would not cooperate with their deportation. I said Jesus, are they nuts? The illegals get more benefits than some US citizens. Then he did something I've never heard. He gave the reason why they cater to illegals. He said without illegal aliens the wine and apple and produce industries would collapse. The lazy Americans can't pick the crops, so they need illegals to feed the US. (Last sentence my words)

I propose that any registered illegal alien that picks food to feed the lazy Americans for 20 years get citizenship and a small retirement benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 09:00 AM

63,101 posts, read 29,291,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Now, some sanctuary cities may not come under the reason discussed here, but Seattle sure did.

On public radio they interviewed a politician in Seattle. He went down the list about the benefits offered to the illegal aliens and how they would not cooperate with their deportation. I said Jesus, are they nuts? The illegals get more benefits than some US citizens. Then he did something I've never heard. He gave the reason why they cater to illegals. He said without illegal aliens the wine and apple and produce industries would collapse. The lazy Americans can't pick the crops, so they need illegals to feed the US. (Last sentence my words)

I propose that any registered illegal alien that picks food to feed the lazy Americans for 20 years get citizenship and a small retirement benefit.

He's incorrect. Only 2% of illegals are picking crops and for those jobs there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers. It's just that these greedy growers can pay less to illegals and then they pass their social costs onto we the taxpayer. Lazy Americans? Picking crops isn't a career job and it's only seasonal work. It has nothing to do with laziness on the part of Americans.

I propose that any illegal aliens here working any jobs they aren't lawfully entitled to be deported as our laws demand. I propose that all these greedy employers get fined heavily and thrown in jail. Illegal aliens should never be rewarded for thumbing their noses at our immigration laws. We don't need them for anything. They are a burden to our society.

Last edited by Oldglory; 12-23-2016 at 09:29 AM..

Old 12-23-2016, 09:17 AM

89,322 posts, read 45,051,012 times
Quote:

You, and anyone else listening to that drivel, were duped. What the "public radio" reported is a myth. There's an unlimited amount of temporary work visas granted for foreigners who work in agriculture. No need whatsoever for illegal aliens to work in agriculture in the US.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...ltural-workers

Old 12-23-2016, 03:58 PM

50,491 posts, read 47,270,331 times
Quit paying crap wages for hard jobs. If your business can't survive paying a decent wage, it should fail.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:45 PM

6,245 posts, read 3,628,330 times
So how did the people of WA get their wine and their apples for the 120 years they've been a state? I doubt it's been illegals the whole time. They are preferred for nefarious reasons; they are not NEEDED.

Who's the politician? You should check into his donor list. I bet it's a bunch of greedy agribusinesses that pay slave wages and have terrible working conditions. They couldn't get away with that if their workers were Americans or legal immigrants.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:55 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,500,128 times
Quote:

Your location states "Rustbelt". Have you ever driven in Washington? Most produce is grown in Eastern Washington, which is divided by the Cascades Mountain range. We travel in that part of the country frequently. Many farmers have supplanted labor with machinery. Americans can run machinery, drive trucks and work in warehouses. We see mainly Hispanics. They may or may not be legal but there are sure a lot of them. Check out City Data's information on racial make up of Bridgeport, Brewster, Yakima, Wall Walla, Pasco, etc. You will think you are in Central America.

Old 12-24-2016, 02:05 AM

153 posts, read 145,448 times
Every country on earth has survived without illegals. The US would too. I'm tired of the excuses for them.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:27 PM

26,039 posts, read 22,236,237 times
Quote:

Gullible? I think so. Did you look beyond what an illegal alien sympathizer, generally someone who is one, is related to one or takes advantage exploiting one or many.

Illegal Immigration & American Farming: Economic Myths Debunked | National Review

Are There Really Jobs Americans Won

https://www.numbersusa.org/pages/jobs-americans-wont-do

These wine producers are getting over and having the taxpayers in WA subsidize their vineyards to the tune of $2.7 billion per year and that was the 2012 figure: The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Aliens on Washingtonians (2012)

I would suggest that from here on out, that everyone uses more than one media outlet before putting forth such falsehoods as were presented by this politician in Seattle.

I suspect that the politician has the vineyards slipping cash in his pocket to keep the taxpayers subsidizing the illegal workers being paid slave wages.

Lazy Americans? What do call having 5 or 6 kids supported by the US taxpayer that is working trying to anchor themselves to our social services! Thieves! Send them home. We have agricultural visas. I am tired of subsidizing both the ones that hire the illegals and the illegals and their anchors!!!

Old 12-24-2016, 06:46 PM

17,376 posts, read 11,352,762 times
Quote:

What a bunch of crap. This is the left wing lie that gullible people swallow hook, line and sinker. The truth is, the U.S. can and does issue temporary work permits for those that want to cross the border legally to work in agriculture. That's the dirty little secret the left doesn't want you to hear or acknowledge whenever they spew out their illegal immigrant arguments.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:49 PM

22,519 posts, read 12,072,114 times
I remember when AL and GA got tough on illegals and the illegals left those 2 states in droves.

CBS found a farmer in AL who lost his illegals and whined to the reporter about how he is having trouble finding people to take his jobs.

Watching that interview made me angry because of this alone --- Never once did that reporter ask this farmer why he didn't use the agricultural guest worker visa. Talk about a biased, agenda-driven interview! It was despicable reporting from the lamestream media. You see, we were all supposed to feel sorry for this sleazy farmer and also feel sorry for the illegals.

OP---Don't fall for this nonsense. As others stated, farmers and growers do have legal options. Those who refuse to use the guest worker visa would rather hire cheap, exploitable, illegal labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration