Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 05:46 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,866,449 times

Advertisements

How 'sanctuary cities' are reacting to Trump's crackdown on undocumented immigrants - World - CBC News

I can't wait for these cities to lose lots of federal dollars for breaking federal laws for aiding and abetting illegals.

Not to be rude, but I am so happy how powerless the liberals are. For at least 2 years, the conservative and rightfully so will rule the roost.

I also love the fact that the supreme court could become very, very conservative and lots of new, wonderful conservative federal judges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 06:08 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,127 times
..what i don't get is....how do these city's and their residents benefit from not enforcing the laws?....am i missing something or is it all just ideology.

p.s. love...you are never rude.....!

Old 01-28-2017, 06:11 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
As a Democrat/liberal, those cities SHOULD lose federal funding for hiding illegals. Guess that might take the wind outa your sails but many liberals feel the same way. We are not in lock step with the extreme left OR the extreme right.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:18 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,866,449 times
I hope they follow through and these cities lose the federal funding. Part of me thinks that our new conservative leaders won't cut federal aid to these cities that intentionally violate federal laws but maybe I will be surprised and they will follow through for the sake of the country.

I was just in Los Angeles and it is evident that the hopeless basket-case of a city is basically just scraping by and believe me it will certainly and rightfully put that city in a massive budget mess if the federal government cuts funding because their city violates federal laws intentionally.

They already have a massive pension and budget mess in Los Angeles without the loss of federal aid. Will be interesting to see how bad it can get.

New York City and some of the liberal cities like Seattle and Denver could lose lots of federal money and could hardly feel it though.

Chicago and Los Angeles are the worst of the worst when it comes to the number and ruthlessness of the illegal immigrants. The heroin epidemic in the states like Indiana and Ohio is because of Chicago's sanctuary city policies and half of Los Angeles looks like a third-world country.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:21 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
They could lose 2 Billion in aide? Wow that is A lot of money that could be put towards building the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration